2.23

A month later, officials dispatched from the capital, in addition to the prefect, arrived in Yangjiang Province one after another, and took over the affairs in the hands of Xiao Zimo.

    As for why the prefect did not send someone, it was because after all, it was the prefect of a province, and it was also a position that many officials competed for. The court was arguing about this position, but it could not delay the government affairs of Yangjiang Province because of this position. So there was a scene where all the other officials were in place, but no one in the prefect took over.

    But after all, a lot of people came, and Xiao Zimo finally got some free time, but this also means that his mission in Yangjiang Province this time has been completed, and he has to return to Beijing to recover his life.

    The day before his departure, Xiao Zimo invited Father Wu and the others to have dinner in the restaurant as a thank you for taking care of him during this time. At the same time, he also promised Father Wu and the others that they would definitely come back to marry Wu Bai after returning to Beijing.

.After hearing Xiao Zimo's promise, Father Wu and Brother Wu breathed a sigh of relief.

    When Xiao Zimo returned to Beijing, he brought Tang Maode and the officials in Yangjiang Province who were also arrested by him. He knew that he still had a tough battle to fight after returning to Beijing, and it was not enough to simply arrest these people.

    Along the way, Xiao Zimo took the 5,000 men he selected from the navy, and a mighty group of people headed towards the capital. He thought that with so many people, he would not encounter anyone on the way. Prisoner van, the backers behind these officials should wait until they arrive in the capital. I didn't expect that he would encounter dozens of people robbing the prisoner van along the way, but fortunately, he didn't let his guard down because of the crowd. So it didn't let those people succeed.

.Along the way, apart from the fact that people often came to hijack the prison car at the beginning, the closer he got to the capital, but no one came to hijack the prison car. At first, he was a little worried that he was about to arrive in the capital. Logically speaking, it should not be the case. The offense should be more severe. Later, he suddenly realized that these people gave up robbing prison cars, but when he brought people to the capital, after these people's home court, the other party will definitely become more active.

    Sure enough, when he successfully arrived in the capital, put Tang Maode and others in the prison of the Ministry of Punishment, and the emperor asked him to try the case in person, he received invitations from all parties.

.Xiao Zimo knew very well the purpose of these invitations, and of course he would not go to the appointment. At the same time, he also knew that he would offend many people, but he had no choice. From the time he became the emperor's confidant, he had already It is a knife in the hands of the emperor. Judging from what the emperor revealed to him this time, he understands that the other party does not intend to let Tang Maode and others go, so he must not be influenced by all parties in this trial. This is also the emperor. test for him.

    If he can withstand this test, then his official career will be smooth in the future, and it is not impossible for him to be an extremely talented minister.

    However, after such a trip to Yangjiang Province, Xiao Zimo's mood has long been different. He no longer regards this trial as a task or a test, but wants to do what he thinks in his heart, for those innocents who died tragically The common people avenge their grievances, and let Tang Maode and others get the punishment they deserve.

.Although Xiao Zimo is a son of a big family in Beijing, his mother and father died early. Now the family is headed by his stepmother and father. His father has many children, and his stepmother and father have three outstanding sons. He has been with him since he was a child. The relationship between the father was cold, and the relationship between the father and son did not ease when he grew up.