Chapter 106

Jiang Anmin is fifty-two years old this year. Compared with other officials in the dynasty, it is time to retire and return to his hometown. He is full of passion and wants to rule the country and bring peace to the people.

His temper is difficult to integrate into the officialdom, which is disliked by today's saints. After a few zhezi jointly signed the letter, he went to this remote rural area to be a prefect.

Not to mention promotion, even if it is difficult to return to Kyoto.

His face was full of sadness and worry, and he only hated that the ambitions all over his body were not displayed, and the saints did not know the good advice. Today, farmers are heavily taxed, but those who are officials are dressed in fine clothes and food, and the year of peace is not bad.

"Sir, you should put on an extra piece of clothes." The book boy who has been with him for many years now also has gray temples and a sad look in his eyes.

Since Jiang Anmin was banished from this remote place, his whole body seemed to have been taken away.

It was already midsummer, but he felt the heat and cold. Losing weight day by day.

He knew his master's mind. But why bother torturing yourself. Fifty is the age to know destiny. If he continues to be depressed like this, if it is passed back to the capital, he may be told that he is dissatisfied with the sage.

Jiang Anmin said, "Alas, my illness is not in my body." The

old servant didn't say anything, but his eyes understood.

Their carriage was going all the way. Suddenly, a rumbling sound was heard not far away. The carriage in front also gradually stopped, and the groom said in the car, "What's wrong?"

Jiang Anmin opened the curtain and saw a group of farmers working with bare upper body and tanned skin, with a fork in the front. The road was being built, and they piled rolling stones and sand on the road, making it impossible to walk.

The farmer working on the other side raised a simple and honest smile, cupped his hands and said, "I'm sorry, our Daniu Village is cultivating Taoism, wait a moment, we will clear a way."

After saying hello, two The three working men said: "Hurry up and clear the road, let this master pass first." The

groom complained: "It's really troublesome, I want you to look after the delay."

These working farmers became more agile . .

The carriage stopped, and Jiang Anmin, who was in the car, also got down. Looking at the newly built village road, which was straight and spacious, he praised: "Your county has done something else." Road construction is a good thing for the people. , and also spent a lot of money. Generally, the yamen would rather put this money into their own pockets than take it out to do something practical. Although he has not yet arrived at the place where he takes office, he has a little more affection for the county magistrate.

The man cleaned up his hands and feet swiftly, and said, "This is not our county government's money, but our village's own money to repair it?"

"Your village repairs it yourself?" It has more courage than the county government. Immediately I became curious. I called him over and asked, "Why do your village want to build a road here?"

"It's for the sake of future generations. Now many people can follow this road to our village. The village is very lively, and there is a village entrance. The market sells everything, and our village has a tofu shop." He said that the village is full of pride, and now it is a special face to go out and say that it is a Daniu Village.

Jiang Anmin was a little curious by what he said. At this time, the road ahead had been cleared for a carriage width, and the groom respectfully said, "Sir, get on the carriage."

"No, let's go

to Daniu Village." He took a direction and walked along the newly repaired road. After walking for a cup of tea, a loud noise was heard in the distance.

Jiang Anmin opened the curtain curiously, and saw that it was really lively.

Even the old servant said, "This place is good." He was banished all the way, and many villages were in tatters on the way, and his mood sank to the bottom. Here it is like an old tree sprouting, and it is happy to see it.

When the carriage arrived at the entrance of the village, there were stalls on both sides, so they had to get off the carriage outside, otherwise the horses would easily kick over their stalls.

As soon as Jiang Anmin got out of the car, Goudan greeted him: "Grandpa, do you want to show me the way? One penny at a time, to make sure you don't get lost." There were several children watching him not far behind him. .

Now the dog is the leader of these children, and everyone relies on this to earn two or three cents a day, enough to buy caramel.

Jiang Anmin looked fresh: "What's your name?" Goudan said: "My real

name is Wang Zhiwen, and my little name is Goudan. It is easy to support myself in the countryside." The child who is only a few years old speaks in a well-organized manner. Jiang Anmin smiled: "Can you write your own name?" Goudan said: "Yes

, we have a teacher to teach you."

Jiang Anmin was completely stunned. Really can read. There are a lot of illiteracy among the common people these days. Most of the common people can't even write their own names all their lives, and they live their whole lives in ignorance. That's why I wanted to vigorously promote the study of underprivileged students, but I failed, but I didn't expect that in a village in this remote area, even a child would write his own name. As soon as the turbid air came out of his chest, he suddenly became interested. I have to ask again, but the dog eggs don't do it.

Jiang Anmin gave a penny with a smile.

Goudan suddenly became enthusiastic: "Where do you want to go, I'll take you there."

"Just go around. By the way, tell me about your literacy."

As soon as Jiang Anmin was about to enter the village, he was attracted by a huge boulder. He took a closer look at the monument of merit and virtue that the villagers had donated money to build the road.

Going further inside, there are meat, tofu, vegetables, and food for cooking, as well as old things and some rouge gouache, beaded headwear and other household items for women. There is a long market at the entrance of the village, and it is very enthusiastic to attract customers.

After walking a few steps, I saw a group of people dressed as ordinary people, but armed with swords and arrows.

Goudan said proudly: "This is my fifth uncle, and it is a militia." Usually it is the people, but if there is a war or bandits come, it is a soldier. But now the village is rich, the militiamen receive 120 cents a month in monthly silver, in addition to this, they also distribute 20 catties of coarse grains, two sets of new clothes every year, and there are good things to give away during the festivals. A sensation.

Compared to farming, this job is too decent.

All the old and young men in the village wanted to do it. The village chief personally selected all tall, young men.

Twelve are selected, and there is the fifth uncle of Goudan. Since the election of the militia, the Goudan family has almost been trampled by the matchmaker, and they all want to come to the fifth uncle to say kiss.

Goudan also wanted to grow up to be a militiaman, but he was already majestic.

Jiang Anmin said: "This is also your village chief's idea?"

Goudan said: "Well, it's either the village chief or Uncle Shao Kun." Anyway, it is the two of them who have the ability in the village.

Jiang Anmin asked, "Who is Shao Kun?" Goudan

is Shao Kun's number one admirer. The boss of Jufuzhai was hired by Goudan last time, but now he is here to inquire about Uncle Shao Kun. He immediately repeated Shao Kun's legendary story from beginning to end.

Jiang Anmin said: "It's a talent." The

old servant said next to him: "My lord has gained a lot this time, and it would be a great help if such a person is gathered as a right-hand man."

Jiang Anmin nodded, and he was in high spirits at this moment, and the little worry before he came has long since dissipated. The prosperity of Daniu Village will undoubtedly bring him a new direction of thinking and struggle.

If every village is like Daniu Village, where people live and work in peace and contentment, and are self-sufficient, why is the world not peaceful?

Goudan took Jiang Anmin to the drying field again, and many people were writing on the ground with stones.

There are men and women, old and young.

Jiang Anmin said, "Father, how many words do you know now?" He chose an old man.

The old man proudly said, "Fifty-six." He was learning faster than many young people, and said, "Would you like me to write it for you." The language was full of show off, but unexpectedly cute.

"Write it." The

old man raised his chin and said, "I'm afraid you don't recognize as much as I do?"

Jiang Anmin pursed his lower lip: "I should recognize more than you." He felt a strange comparison, after all, he was thirty Nian is the champion of the first emperor of Lianzhong Sanyuan.

The old man began to write, each stroke in the correct order. The writing is also square.

As soon as he wrote it, the people around him gathered around: "Old Zhutou has started to write again." The people next to him looked adored. Another four-year-old chubby man stood beside the old man who wrote and said, "This is my grandfather." So proud.

Jiang Anmin was very touched after watching it here. He lived until he was old and learned. Compared with the old Zhutou's sixtieth year, he was still young, so he shouldn't be so disappointed.

When the old man finished writing the last word, Jiang Anmin said, "I will give you a set of pen, ink, paper and inkstone. I feel a lot today." The sullenness in his heart suddenly disappeared.

The old man waved his hands again and again: "It's nothing." Pen, ink, paper and inkstone are quite expensive. Although he writes well, it is not worth it.

Jiang Anmin said, "I must." The

old man was also very excited. He always used stones to write on the soil. I haven't gotten a pen yet. If you get a pen, you will be the first in the village, and when you look back, you can brag about the use of the brush on rice paper.

Jiang Anmin stayed here for a while. It is really a good place to take care of the old and the young.

And Shao Kun, which everyone mentioned frequently, aroused his infinite interest.

Call Goudan to help find him.

Shao Kun is working in the field to pick peppers. Hearing that someone was looking for him, he came out and saw that it was an old man with eyes. He opened his mouth and said, "I have heard about you. I will accept you as a disciple."

The old servants around him were deeply surprised. A real learner, the previous emperor even wanted him to be the prince's grandfather, but he refused. This time, he took the initiative to mention that he wanted to accept him as a closed-door disciple. It can be seen that he is extremely satisfied with Shao Kun's character and hard work.

Unexpectedly, Shao Kun only replied to him: "No."

Jiang Anmin: ...