Chapter 7: Being plotted against

Afraid of missing the other party, Jiandan did not move. He waited for more than an hour. There was no one at the station. A man hurried over. He was an old man in his fifties with a frosted face. Behind him was an ox cart. The driver seemed to be a little older. He was limping and following beside him.

Excuse me, are you Comrade Jiandan?"

"Hello, I'm Jiandan."

The other party breathed a long sigh of relief.

"Comrade Jiandan, I'm Liu Weimin, the village chief of Liujiatun, Xiangyang Commune. I'm sorry, it's too dry. I forgot the time while carrying water with the villagers."

Liu? Liu? Although he had a slight accent, he spoke standard Mandarin. Jiandan took out his letter of introduction and confirmed it.

"Uncle village chief, is it Liujiatun?"

Liu Weimin waved his hand firmly.

"It's Liujiatun. You're the only educated youth here today. I won't make a mistake."

And this misunderstanding?

"But uncle, look, it's really Liu on my letter of introduction?"

Liu Weimin frowned, and it seemed that he understood something.

"Let me take you to the Youth Educated Office to ask what's going on."

Without asking her, he picked up the two big bags and put them on the ox cart.

"Let's go. The Youth Educated Office is not far away."

He followed her in a few steps and started a conversation.

"Uncle, has it not rained this year?"

Speaking of this, Liu Weimin had something to say.

"Isn't it? To be honest, there wasn't much rain last year, and the grain harvest was 20% less than in previous years, but at least people didn't starve to death. This year, up to now, It's already August. I wish I could walk two miles to the river to fetch water for the fields. The corn has not grown well. There are only a few grains on a stick. It's been more than a month since the autumn harvest. Alas, this year, let alone distributing grain, it's a good thing that there is no continuous harvest. "

The driver also sighed,

"The water in the river has run dry. It took half a bucket of water in the morning, and it was like yellow mud soup. If it doesn't work, we have to go into the mountains. "

There is no dew in a dry day, and no night rain in the dog days.

Just like a leaking roof and a continuous rain, there is no dew in a drought.

"Is it so easy to go to the mountains? We have searched everywhere outside. If we look again, we have to go deep into the mountains. Uncle San, our village can't afford any more accidents."

It was obvious that something was wrong. Jiandan didn't plan to get to the bottom of it. If she really went there, she would know sooner or later. However, she was eager to go into the mountains.

In her previous life, she was a young lady, but how could she be a spoiled girl when she was in the underworld? She had developed the necessary skills, including self-defense skills, life-saving methods, first aid measures, survival in the wild, and even the medicinal herbs in the mountains.

She followed her brothers everywhere to play since she could walk. When she was seven or eight years old, she was more skilled in the mountains than the old herbal farmers. It was almost like her own backyard, and her intimacy and sense of belonging to the mountains were engraved in her bones.

"Uncle, are there many mountains in our village?"

"You know that this is the border? Our village is next to the border. The mountains behind the village are directly connected to that side. They are very big, but you can't go up the mountain by yourself. The deep mountains are not a joke. There are not only wild beasts, but if you run over there, you won't be able to explain yourself."

"Hey, I know, uncle, I will pay attention."

The driver, Mr. Liu San, glanced at her, said nothing, and gently urged the old cow.

The Youth Educated Office was not far away, and they arrived in the time it took to talk. There was only one person on duty when they entered the door. Liu Weimin went forward to ask politely. The person flipped through the registration book and said, "It's simple. You are going to Liujiatun, Xiangyang Commune, from Beijing. Yes, that's you. You were previously arranged to go to Liujiatun, but an educated youth who arrived this morning asked to go to Liujiatun and asked someone to arrange for your replacement of the place where you went to the countryside. Because it happened temporarily, it was not marked on your letter of introduction. I will register you and make a note of it on the letter of introduction." At this point, there was no need to say anything more. Moreover, based on the information just received, Liujiatun was not impossible. At most, she would have to run a few more times up the mountain. Others did not dare, but it did not mean that she did not dare. But what was the matter with Liu Weimin's face full of bitterness and self-mockery? After completing the formalities, Liu Weimin said, "Don't you despise our village for being poor? Liujiatun is a well-known wealthy village, and the villagers can have enough food. Our village," he shook his head, "Our village is well-known for being poor. That person probably knew it in advance, and there was no other way when he came to him. He was calculating you." Although she was the protagonist who was cheated, as the despised party, you, the village chief, said righteously that I went to your village because I was cheated. Jiandan really didn't know what to say. Could it be that you positioned your family too accurately? She went to the countryside just to have a quiet life. Now it seems that although they are poor, the village chief seems to be a good person. The main thing is that she can't not go, because it's all settled. Thinking about it this way, he stopped worrying.

"Uncle, look at what you said. I was worried just now. If I was really transferred to Liujiatun, where I am unfamiliar with the place, what should I do? Oh, now I am relieved. With a village chief like you, the villagers must be warm, simple, united and progressive."

He patted his chest lightly, looking relieved. Liu Weimin couldn't help but smile. Isn't it that the villagers praising their own village are praising their leadership? Uncle Liu San also felt proud and straightened his back.

They became familiar with each other after chatting and laughing. The ox cart pulled three people and these bags easily. When they passed the county town and turned to Xiangyang Commune, Liu Weimin asked, "Xiao Jian, is there anything you haven't prepared? The supply and marketing cooperative here has more things than the commune." Jian looked at his bag, "Uncle, let's go back quickly. I brought most of the things from my home. I'll sort them out and see if I need anything. I'll go out and buy them when I have time." Liu Sanye turned the corner and asked, "Why did you bring everything?" Jian didn't plan to hide it. Anyway, he would know it after asking at the Youth League Office. "There is no one at home. My dad She died some time ago. My mother was in poor health and passed away a few days ago. Now I am the only one left.

My grandfather arranged a marriage for me a few years ago. As a result, as soon as my mother passed away, they came to cancel the engagement. They pushed me on this side. If I hadn't practiced with my father for a few years and dodged quickly, I might have died at that time.

I saw that I was a child with no other relatives and could only be bullied. I was also scared.

One of my sister's relatives was from the countryside. She said that people in the countryside are very honest. She couldn't stand it, so she told me that it would be better to find a place to go to the countryside. Although there is no food supply and the household registration must be transferred to the countryside, you can still survive. "