Chapter 138 This is their wages

Jian Dan was eavesdropping behind the door. Just when she was about to feel sad, she was amused by the children. She was a little caught off guard.

"Ahem,"

Seeing the two children turn around, Jian Dan hurriedly coughed a few times in a pretentious manner, and put her hands behind her back in a serious manner, as if the person who just laughed was not her. Looking at the sky, the sun was shining brightly at around 1 pm.

"Don't you sleep at noon?"

The three children shook their heads in unison.

"No,"

Jian Dan thought about it and it was true. There was no such habit in the countryside. It couldn't be that they were extremely tired. There was almost no idle time, and the children were all free-range.

"Okay, the remaining melons will grow for a few more days. I will call you then. Do you want to sleep here for a while, or do you want to go home?"

The boy hesitated. Xiao Hua wanted to go home a little. She rarely stayed outside for such a long time. Although she had fun and ate happily, she missed her mother and grandmother a little. However, she was still a little embarrassed to speak loudly. She couldn't help but pull Hu Zi's clothes, and her little eyes were pleading.

Hu Zi also acted like a big brother.

"Sister Jian, let's go home. You can call us next time when there is work."

They said they worked for a whole morning, but in fact they only picked more than ten or less than twenty seedlings. There were about forty or fifty melons of various sizes. The big ones weighed more than ten kilograms, and the small ones weighed five or six kilograms. The workload for several people in the morning was not small.

It was obvious that they really couldn't stay, so Jian didn't force them to stay. He went to the woodshed to find a few small backpacks.

"Two watermelons per person, pick them yourself, and I'll take you back later."

Hu Zi waved his hands repeatedly.

"No, no, Sister Jian, you have cooked such delicious meals for us, and there is also meat. I can't take your watermelons anymore."

"Don't you want your grandparents to have a taste? This is all earned by your own labor,"

Hu Zi's eyes lit up.

"Sister Jian, are you saying that I earned this by myself?"

"You helped me work for a whole morning, who else can do that? You can't work for free, you get work points, right? I can't bear to let you work for free, you must be paid."

The child was quite worried and asked her seriously,

"Sister Jian, we are so gluttonous, and you still pay us. Can't we eat you out of money? You won't starve, right?"

Jian Jian snores with his short flat head,

"You think too much, your sister doesn't have such a small fortune."

The children then went to pick a few with peace of mind. Two melons must be at least 20 kilograms. Hu Zi can carry them, Hei Dan and Xiao Hua can carry one, so Jian Jian carried two.

It was sunny now, and there were few people outside, so he didn't want to be seen and talked about. Jian Jian chose this time on purpose. Although it was a labor-for-work exchange, the food would probably be pierced, and they were children, so it would not sound good to tell others.

Jiandan was still brainwashing the child.

"Did the food you ate before all come from the adults at home?"