Chapter 37 People have their own way of living

I patted my head. I was really confused after coming here.

In the village, most families were also cleaning up the things they brought back a few days ago, and then cleaning up the garden and preparing vegetables for the winter. The main labor force of Liu Sanye's family was his son and daughter-in-law. The old couple did what they could in the yard.

When Jiandan arrived at the door, the old lady was cleaning up the cut cabbage, breaking off the bad cobs outside. Of course, they couldn't be thrown away, but they were trimmed and put into the pot for the next meal. There is no waste in the countryside.

"Grandma San, are you also cleaning cabbage?"

Everyone was in the yard, and the wall was not high, so Jiandan greeted them directly and reminded them that someone was coming.

The old lady looked up and saw that it was her, and immediately smiled,

"Come in, how do you have time to come here? Have you finished harvesting the back garden and the private plot?"

Just smiled,

"You still understand me, I just finished picking the cabbage and radish.

Third grandma, I want to ask, do we have to pickle sauerkraut in winter? I remember you mentioned it before?"

"Isn't it? Soon, in the next two or three days, the outside will be almost cleaned up, and the weather will be cold, so it's time to pickle sauerkraut.

Do you want to pickle some too? Do you have enough cabbage and other things?"

See the old lady The wife was about to get up and go into the garden, but Jiandan stopped her.

"Enough, enough, Third Grandma, I have collected a lot, and I am alone, how much can I eat?

I thought I would do as the locals do and pickle a jar, but I forgot, I don't have a jar."

The old lady thought for a while,

"Although this thing is not as valuable as the big iron pot, many families have used it for many years, and it seems that you can't have a spare one. As for the small pickle jar, I can squeeze one out for you." Jiandan thought to himself, even if I have one, I have to think about it if it has been used by others.

"Grandma San, I know, these are all for daily use, so I thought of asking Uncle San when it's convenient. I want to go to the commune or the county to buy them back. Anyway, I need to use the pickle jar and water jar, and pickle cucumbers, etc. They won't break down in a year, right? Sooner or later, you need such things. Just buy them back when you need them, and you can use them for a few more years, right?"

"That's right. Living at home, nothing can be missing. You have to use things that you don't need.

Don't say it, you, a little girl, are really living a good life by yourself.

Old man, come here, hurry up, take Xiao Jian to buy the big jar."

Uncle Liu San walked over slowly, looked up at the sky, and planned to go up the mountain, so he was early in the morning, so the morning was much longer.

Jian Jian just picked up the cabbage and radish and came over. Before going out, Jian Jian looked at the time. It was not yet nine o'clock, and the sun was still in the sky.

"Okay, I'll go to the cowshed to feed the cows and harness the cart. You go back and lock the door first. Wait at home. I'll be there in a while. It's getting colder as time goes by. It's better to come back quickly. It's inconvenient to do anything when it gets colder."