Chapter 160 He just wanted to publicize it

The two of them gathered the firewood and chatted with each other in a high voice.

To be honest, seeing them like this, Chen Jianguo was still a little anxious. They were all educated youth living in the same yard. If there was really no firewood, do you think they could really watch them unable to move and freeze to death?

That is simply unrealistic, but seeing them so leisurely, Chen Jianguo couldn't help but sigh again,

"If we don't seize the time now, the autumn harvest will be almost in half a month. You just came and the labor intensity was raised to the highest level at once, and your body can't adapt.

During the autumn harvest, we get up early and stay up late, the labor intensity is high, and it is very tiring. Not to mention whether we have time, we don't have the energy to think about firewood at all. We want to fall asleep directly after work. I heard that it is very difficult to cook and eat.

After the autumn harvest, the village will go to the mountains together to pick mountain products, which is relatively free. But, others pick mountain products, and you pick firewood?"

That's definitely not possible. After all, the stomach is more important.

"From the autumn harvest to the beginning of winter, there is only about a month at most. In addition, the garden needs to be cleaned up, winter vegetables need to be prepared, and if there is not enough food, it needs to be replaced in advance. In fact, if you calculate it, there is not much time."

Chen Jianguo didn't catch up, but Tan Yajun had experience, and it was quite suitable to copy it.

While they were talking, Qian Cheng and Yuan Ye, who came with Ling Weidong, also came over. After hearing this, the three male educated youths were silent for a while. Looking at their clothes, their family conditions should not be bad. Chen Jianguo added, "Of course, there are other ways. There are coal mines and coal yards in the north. If you have a way to buy coal, these problems are not a problem." The three of them looked at each other, and their eyes seemed a little helpless. "It seems that this won't work." Before coming, my family repeatedly told me to be quiet and not to cause trouble. There was a chaos outside. It's not worth it to be lazy and cause trouble again. "Let's go collect firewood honestly, so as not to really freeze."

Since he didn't look like those educated youth who were just making trouble out of nothing, Chen Jianguo was willing to say a few more words.

"That's right. Besides, firewood is also needed for cooking and boiling water, so the amount must be quite a lot.

The stoves here are all connected to the kang. When we burn the fire here, we can use the kang to gain power, which can also save a lot of firewood. The winter here is very cold. When we came here last year, it was already winter, and the fire in the house could hardly be extinguished all day long.

However, the firewood is not picky. Dead branches, leaves, wormwood, corn stalks after the autumn harvest, corn pulp, as long as it can be burned, it will be fine."

"Now that you mention it, I suddenly thought, aren't we here at the wrong time? It's a bit late to collect firewood, isn't it? "

Chen Jianguo shook his head,

"That's not the case. The villagers pick up whatever they can burn whenever they see it. They have many families. We can't compare with them.

For people like you who have several people in one house, these can be shared by several people. This way, it will be a lot easier.

We came even later than this last year. It seems that they were going up the mountain just after the autumn harvest.

There was no other way. We followed Jian Zhiqing to the mountain to collect firewood every day. Later, when it snowed, we went for some days. Now, we survived."

Speaking of Jian, several people were still a little curious.

"Jian Zhiqing, isn't she the first batch of educated youth to go to the countryside? I see, she doesn't seem to be very old?"

Speaking of his friends, Chen Jianguo became more serious.

"Yes, Jian Zhiqing was the first batch of people to go to the countryside in Liujiatun. She was the only one in that batch. She was only fifteen years old when she came, and now she is only sixteen years old.

At that time, she was alone. She didn't want to waste the resources of the educated youth home, so she bought the small house at the entrance of the village, asked someone to repair it, and moved in.

It was the small house just after entering the village. The yard was very high, but there was a small room for one person inside. When we entered the house, there was a kang. When we went there, we sat in the yard, and it was difficult to turn around in that house.

She is so much younger than us, and she arranged herself very well. She came at this time last year. Last year, it was a difficult time when there was a shortage of food. She brought some food and survived with the villagers. When we came, the villagers looked at her like their own children."

Qian Cheng exclaimed,

"She is not just a child. She was only ten last year. Five years old? "

"Yes,"

Chen Jianguo looked at them with disdain,

"Not to mention you, even the few of us didn't believe it when we came.

Later,"

Chen Jianguo simply sat on the firewood,

"After the autumn harvest, she went up the mountain. She found a large area of ​​sweet potatoes on the mountain. She didn't hide anything and told the village chief at the time.

You didn't see it. The villagers were so happy at the time that many people cried on the spot.

Last year, there was a drought, and the harvest was not enough to pay the public grain. In fact, When we went up the mountain, many villagers had run out of food, but relying on the sweet potato, everyone had hope.

Later, what happened? Oh, yes, there were wild boars on the mountain. A group of them came down that morning. The garrison happened to be at the foot of the mountain, so they stopped them. As a result, one of them almost ran into the village. Jian Zhiqing saw it and killed it on the spot with a machete. "

"Kill, kill?"

The few people were trained by their families since they were young, and they had some skills, but they didn't dare to fight the wild boar.

Chen Jianguo showed off with a bit of pride,

"Not bad, it was early in the morning, we didn't see it, but the village chief was the first to arrive, I heard he was shocked.

I don't know if she attracted wild boars or what, we were killing pigs here, and making pig-killing dishes, but another group of them came down from the back mountain, there seemed to be more than ten wild boars."

When it comes to this, Ling Weidong and others listen attentively,

"Ah? So many wild boars?"

"Yes, there are troops stationed at the foot of the mountain, and Xiao Jian's home is also close. When we saw it, it was too late to go back to the village to call for help, so we went there with a big knife and killed more than ten wild boars with a few soldiers.

When the villagers and the garrison troops arrived, it was said that there was blood all over the ground, and wild boars were lying all over the ground.

Can you believe it? More than ten wild boars, Xiao Jian killed half of them by himself, and almost all of them were killed with one knife."

Silence, just silence.

"Little Jian, the educated youth, has she practiced?"

Chen Jianguo said vaguely,

"Maybe, but it is true that she is very strong."

Qian Cheng's eyes lit up,

"Lady chivalrous, this is my idol, I want to worship her as my teacher."

Chen Jianguo made a mistake, he just wanted to promote it, he didn't want to cause trouble for her.