Chapter 46: Give and Take for Long-Term Success

Several people were all beaming with joy. They thought about it briefly and then opened the door. That's right, only by giving and taking can things last long.

"Uncle, I can't eat so much myself. Tomorrow I'll ask Uncle San if he can send me to the commune so that I can mail some to my sister and uncle."

Liu Weimin nodded secretly. He was a humane child.

"Okay, go ahead. It will be even more inconvenient to go out when the heavy snow comes in a few days."

After thinking about it, he went back to the village office and talked to each family about exchanging cloth. He was not in a hurry at first. After saying that just now, it seemed that the heavy snow was not far away. People exchanged mountain products to mail them to relatives. If they delayed any longer, they might be delayed.

So, the villagers of Liujiatun were boiling again. Who could understand that this day was not over yet, and it was so up and down.

Good news about the distribution of meat in the morning.

Before they could eat the meat, the wild boar came.

When they were all scared, hey? The wild boars were killed by the educated youth Xiao Jian, and they were going to distribute the meat again?

The meat hasn't been divided yet. What did they say just now? The educated youth Xiao Jian gave them some cloth, and they didn't need money or tickets to exchange it for mountain products?

All these news shocked everyone. The wives and mothers in Liujiatun couldn't believe it. On the way to the village office with their own mountain products, they were still confirming with each other whether it was true or a dream.

Although the cloth was not valuable, they deeply understood the hardships in the countryside, which others didn't know.

They couldn't go to the city many times a year, but they also knew that there were many good things in the city, such as fine grains, meat, brown sugar, white sugar, pillowcases and fabrics, and even the big iron pot they had been waiting for for half their lives, and bicycles that only other villages had. They would remember it for a long time after going there.

They also remembered that the things in the city could only be seen, not touched.

Not to mention the big places, even in the public sales cooperatives of the commune, people can tell at a glance that they are peasants from the countryside, and they can't afford to buy anything without money or tickets. They say it as unpleasantly as if being peasants is a great sin.

As for this cloth, they can only buy a piece of it to make a new set of clothes when they get married, which can make many people envious for a long time. They cherish this set of clothes very much, and they are reluctant to take it out at ordinary times. They will only wear it occasionally to show off when there are very important things.

Even when there are new members in the family, they take the clothes of adults to be altered, and they pick up the big ones from the small ones. At least three children wear a piece of clothes. In the end, they dare not even wash it hard, and it will be replaced by adults with regret when it can no longer bear its mission.

At this time, they start to worry about which clothes to alter for adults. This one has many patches, and that one is for work. There is not much room for selection. If one is altered for the child, the adult will have one less.

In a few days, the temperature will drop. Some families have more laborers, so their children can stay at home, but most families have only one child, so they have to wear thin clothes and continue to go out to collect firewood. After all, it is true that there are no cotton clothes and the house is leaking everywhere.