Chapter 40 Doesn't this count as poaching from the group?

"Oh! So comfortable!

You kid, your hand seams are still so big."

Just a simple smile and the old man passed by. After eating two, he felt full and packed up the rest, reluctant to give it up.

Looking at the package in the car, the old man asked casually,

"Is this what your sister mailed to you?"

No matter how you look at it, it is exactly the same as the bag of cloth scraps last time, and the old man is inexplicably excited.

Jian Dan was leaning against the bag. Hearing this, he lowered his head and patted it.

"Yes, she liked the mountain products I mailed back last time. I heard that we don't have enough supplies here, so I guess she wants me to help her exchange more."

"Really?"

The old man's eyes lit up instantly, and Jian Dan looked at him strangely.

"What's wrong, Third Master? Hey, I know it's a bit difficult. Now all the food is saved to fill your stomach, right?

It's okay, don't worry, come next time, I'll mail the mountain products I picked up this time back to them."

"What's the big deal? If you are willing, the villagers can exchange them all for you in two days,"

"Third Master, I want to exchange for mountain products. Everyone picked up Aren't the mountain products all food for the winter? "

The old man waved his hand,

"Hey, in the past, we would have to save them for the winter. This year, thanks to you, we have a lot of good things, and everyone is much better off, so we can think about other things.

It's not just my family that lacks clothes. In fact, if you count, my family is still good, after all, Guangming's craft can make a cent, and I also have a cent.

Just like that, you see the old lady in my family, she loves your cloth more than her own son, not to mention other families, who are hungry here and can't save a piece of clothing there after a year. "

The simple first reaction is, have you worked in vain this year?

But after thinking about it, the crop yield is not high at this time, and you still have to pay public grain. If you count, it seems that there is really nothing left, mainly because the crops are the only source of livelihood. God gives us food, it's not nonsense.

"We are all fellow villagers, and we know each other well. If you want to trust us, we can do it in the village. You don't have to run outside in the cold weather, don't you think?"

Anyway, this is what she meant, and it's pointless to push it back and forth.

"Okay, Third Master, it would be better if we can change it in the village. It would save me trouble and help everyone. This is the best of both worlds."

"Haha, old man, I won't hide it from you. My family kept some of the cloth scraps last time, and the rest were sent to the village office. I thought about who was in a hurry and exchanged them. I didn't dare to tell anyone because I was afraid it wouldn't be enough.

With these, every family should be able to buy clothes for their children."

To be honest, after being here for so long, I can understand their behavior of thinking about everyone first when they have something good. Whether it is selfless or stupid, it is the characteristics of this era.

Strictly speaking, compared with later generations, it is full of human touch and unique simplicity.

"After all, we are all poor. After working hard for a whole year, we are content to be alive. How can we dare to think about anything else?"

"Third Master, is the fungus in Chengjiabaozi from the back mountain, or do they grow it themselves?"

"It has always been there in the back mountain, and it grows every year. It has been so many years, but there are few mountain products on the mountain, so every year at this time, they collect fungus and we collect mountain products."

It was about to get chaotic, and Jiandan didn't want to stand out and do anything. She knew that the first bird to stick its head out would be shot, especially since she was a bird that was afraid of standing out.

"Third Master, let Uncle Guangming make me a few wooden boxes, the kind that can be used to grow vegetables, long and narrow,"

"What? You want to grow vegetables in the house?"

They were all from the countryside, and it was clear as soon as they were told.

"I want to give it a try. I have to light a fire in the house when it gets cold. Isn't the gurgling under my feet turned around? I can't live in it. It's just right to plant some vegetables in a few boxes and put them there. If they don't grow, they won't grow. It won't delay anything. If they do grow, won't I be able to have some vegetables in winter?"

It seems to make sense now.

"Will it work? It seems someone tried it before, but the vegetable didn't grow in the end."

Jian Dan is also a novice. She learned this from books. She is just trying to experience life and wants to try everything.

"I don't know. Let's give it a try. If it works, we'll have one more vegetable. If it doesn't, it's just a waste of soil and labor.

I think it's mainly about temperature and water. If you take care of these two things, there shouldn't be any problems. You have experience in this. I'm completely clueless."

Suddenly remembering the particularity of this era, Jian Dan couldn't help but sit up straight.

"Third Master, this doesn't count as poaching from the collective, right?"

The master shook the whip.

"Self-reliance, not poaching, not going out for speculation, it's okay."

"That's okay. This is the beginning of hibernation ?"

"Before, I could still go up the mountain for a few days. This year, it's just like this. It's not warm for a few days. Now it's cold in the morning and evening, so I basically stay at home.

After a few days, when the people who closed the mountain leave, those who are diligent will go up the mountain to pick up firewood. By the way, do you have enough firewood?"

"Enough, enough. The uncles who were repairing the house helped me pick up a lot. I also scraped some back these few times when I went up the mountain. It should be enough. I will go to the mountain again in a few days.

Third Master, this is also a big mountain range. Is there no prey?"

Jian Jian did encounter a few small animals when she went up the mountain by herself. In the deep mountains, she also collected a few pheasants and rabbits, but they didn't show up. She put them on the mountain of the base as soon as possible. She was not sure what was going on here.

Even when she came to collect prey a few days ago, she didn't hear that anyone had caught prey. Of course, no one would shout loudly if they caught it.

"Yes, of course there is. It's just that this year, the people down the mountain are so poor, and the animals are much more sensitive than people. They ran to the mountains to take refuge early.

Alas!

To be honest, we have to be more careful during this period. In the past, there were hungry wild boars coming down the mountain to eat the crops at this time every year, but there haven't been any this year. It's getting cold, and it's hard to say when they will really come down.

You are still too close to the foot of the mountain. If there are really wild animals coming down, you are the most dangerous. Otherwise, you should move to the Youth League House. After all, it is in the middle of the village, and you can delay time for a while."

"Third Grandpa, what's the difference between the entrance of the village and the middle of the village? If a wild boar enters the village, one minute or two minutes? What can it do? Right?"

"......That being said, you are too close to the mountain. It's down the mountain. There are no other houses around. Isn't it a sure thing to catch one?"