Chapter 26: Can I exchange something?

"Please do these first. I will ask about the size and mail her the shoes she can wear. I will go to the mountains to see if there are any mountain products this time. I will mail some to her so that she can try them. They are very rare in the city."

"Really? Your sister likes mountain products?"

"I think so? Anyway, my brother-in-law likes them very much. I have seen him exchange them with others two or three times?"

When the old lady heard this, she put down the cloth in her hand and hesitated.

"Well, Xiao Jian, I want to discuss something with you. Do you think it's okay?"

Here I come!

Simple pretending to be ignorant,

"Third grandma, if you have something to say, just tell me. Do you need to be so unorthodox with me? If so, how can I have the nerve to ask you to help me make things?"

The old lady was stunned for a moment, then laughed,

"Haha, right, right, not unorthodox, not unorthodox.

If you say so, then Third grandma will say it directly.

Although these cloths of yours are all scraps of cloth, they are all good things.

I'm not afraid of you laughing at me. There are not many families in our village who can afford such scraps of cloth.

Look, in addition to the things you said, there are still a lot left. I thought that you would keep them in your hands when you take them back, right?

Can you, no, can I exchange something with you?"

The old lady was embarrassed to say that. The supplies were so tight now. The children brought them from the capital, and they were still scraps of cloth, which meant that they were not well-off. She still made this request.

But she really couldn't think of any other way. The supply and marketing cooperatives in the commune didn't have much cloth, and the main thing was that they needed tickets.

That is to say, the whole Liujiatun is full of farmers, and they have not seen a ticket for so many years. They say that they will be issued once they enter the factory, so how can the old farmers have such a chance?

Jian Dan looked confused,

"Change? Why do you want to change? Third Grandma, are you going to make shoes too?"

"Hey, how can I bear to use this good stuff to make shoes? I was thinking, if you have any left, I want to change some and make clothes for the children. It's also because of poverty. Hu Zi is 7 years old this year, and Xiao Hua is 5 years old. Until now, the two children have never worn a good piece of clothing. Even the clothes they wear are all altered from the adults' worn-out clothes, and they are about to become unwearable.

Hey! It's hard for you to say this to a little girl like you."

Jian Dan didn't think so.

"Third Grandma, you're being polite. I can't do needlework at all. I can move my arms and legs, but I can't learn this delicate work no matter how long I've studied. I'm still worried about how to deal with these cloths. If you don't mind the trouble, can you help me change them all?"

The old lady was shocked,

"Are you serious?"

She felt in her heart that the young educated youth could agree, but she was still surprised that he was so straightforward.

"Of course it's real, but you have to worry about it."

"What's the worry? This is a benefit for me, an old woman. Can I help you exchange it for mountain products?