Chapter 98 Why is the village chief speaking so harshly today?

Just Simple had the same idea. Following Sun Dalian, each of them carried a basket of corn seeds and occupied a ridge. They followed Sun Dalian's example and followed her instructions. They held the seeds in their fingers and threw them into the pit. As they walked forward, they moved their toes and buried the pit.

It looked simple, but when they got the seeds, they were not obedient. After throwing a handful in this pit, they threw one in the next pit. So they had to stop and rework. When the seeds were checked, hey? Their feet were not obedient either. They either had too much or too little soil, or they were crooked. What Sun Dalian could do in one step took them at least four or five steps.

When they finished the two pits, they looked up and found that Sun Dalian had gone more than ten meters away.

Several people were speechless in an instant.

What else to say, hurry up and chase her.

But sometimes practice makes perfect, but sometimes the busier you are, the more chaotic you get. They are the latter now. The more they think about not making mistakes, the more their fingers become disobedient. They throw too little in this pit, and in the next pit, well, they throw it outside, and they have to bend down to pick it up and repeat the previous action.

Just these few repeated actions tortured them dizzy.

To be honest, it is not difficult or tiring, but the coordination of the newcomers is not good. Either this is wrong or that is wrong. When Sun Dalian came back from the end of the ridge, they were only halfway there, and the watering behind them caught up with them.

The fingers here were stiff and disobedient, and the baskets of corn seeds on their arms were getting heavier and heavier. When the sun came up, the throats of several people suddenly seemed to smoke.

Sun Dalian came over and greeted them,

"How is it? Do you know how to do it?"

Let the old farmers say, there is no need to teach.

Jiandan and the others were indeed embarrassed. They knew how to do it, but they just couldn't keep up. Either their hands were too fast or their feet were too slow. Sun Dalian also saw it.

"Don't worry, we are all used to it. We know how to do it with our eyes closed. Take your time first. Don't waste the corn seeds. I will come back to meet you after I finish this."

He walked several meters away as soon as he finished speaking. The educated youths behind him were fascinated.

They couldn't help but look down at their hands and feet. This thing is different from others?

Tan Yajun had done it before, and it was not bad. She could barely keep up.

Chen Jianguo was a male comrade after all, and he didn't do the same work as them. Only Jiandan, Lin Zhaodi and Li Yan were left, moving forward like snails.

When they reached the end of one ridge, others had finished two ridges long ago. Jiandan didn't care about that. He sat down on the ground and looked at his hands over and over again. The latter half was smoother, but his fingers were completely stiff.

"How is it? Are you tired?"

"Don't say it, I'm just thinking about Jian."

It was not until noon, of course, that they had to continue working, but this time Jian was doing it a little more smoothly. Not only her speed, but also her efficiency had improved a lot. The villagers passing by would greet her from time to time. Jian was so embarrassed that she started to blush, but later when there were more people, she didn't care. With a small face, she would just smile at anyone who talked, regardless of whether it was embarrassing or not. By noon when she got off work, she could accept the villagers' teasing without blushing.

Li Yan and others found Jian and walked back together.

"How is it? Have you adapted?"

Jian was a little disappointed.

"It's okay, much better than this morning."

Jian's strength came in handy during the autumn harvest, which made her think that she could adapt to the spring planting quickly. As a result, she was a little embarrassed. This was not a job that required strength.

Speaking of which, even if there was such a job, Liu Weimin would not assign it to Jian, a girl who was only sixteen after the Chinese New Year, right? How crazy would it be to do it?

Although it was only early spring, the sun was still quite hot at noon, so she started work early in the morning and had a long rest time at noon. She simply went home and rested. She had to rest. She had to rest! Otherwise, she would not be able to bear it in the afternoon. She rejected the invitation of Li Yan and others, separated from them and hurried home. The first thing she did when she entered the house was to throw herself on the kang and sob deeply. "Woo... I'm so tired!" With ready-made meals, she naturally would not drag her tired body to cook. After eating, she went directly to the base and took a hot bath immediately. Apart from other things, it really relieved fatigue, but she almost fell asleep in the bathtub. It was still effective. At least when she went to work in the afternoon, she persisted for a while before feeling tired. At noon, I heard about Jiandan's deeds. In the afternoon, Liu Weimin came to see Jiandan. He was relieved to see that Jiandan was not as decadent as they said. He was in good spirits. Before leaving, he did not forget to remind her,

"Jian Zhiqing, you, take it easy. You are still young. Don't be too short to grow taller!"

"What?"

This topic was quite heartbreaking. The stimulated Jiandan compensated herself with a big meal that night. She could do without other things, but she definitely couldn't grow taller. She had enough food and drink, and she could still be short of height. Then she could die.

Rice is not grown here. Corn, potatoes, sweet potatoes, soybeans, and sorghum are all dry fields. Except for potatoes, sweet potatoes need to be cut into pieces to germinate. The methods for the others are actually similar, and there is not much technical content. They are just repetitive actions.

After this busy period, the base was gradually covered with green, and people took off their thick clothes and put on thin summer clothes.

During this period of training, Jiandan and his friends became more and more clear about the study of digging wild vegetables. It was not a problem for a few people to go alone. Just when they were digging with great interest and studying food seriously, Liu Weimin came over with a sad face. It was not a good thing at first glance. Jiandan and his friends came over to look at him.

"Uncle, did we cause any trouble?"

Chen Jianguo also came over. The busy spring made Chen Jianguo's complexion closer to health.

"Village head, do you have any instructions?"

Liu Weimin stared at them. What were these kids talking about?

"Get ready. I'll pick up the new educated youth later."

"What?"

Several people were still surprised. Educated youth came in this season?

"Village chief, why are the educated youth coming now? It's still a period of transition. Come and dig wild vegetables with us?"

"We came last year when it was almost winter. How long has it been?"

Liu Weimin was so worried. These educated youth were quite obedient. He had been in contact with Liu Jiaxiang more often this winter. He had a headache when he heard about the lively educated youth in Liujiatun.

"How should I know? I can't refuse to pick them up even if they told me to?"

When several people heard this, they wondered why the village chief was so aggressive today.

After thinking about it, they decided to be honest.

Chen Jianguo said quickly,

"Village chief, go pick them up with confidence. We will be ready."