Chapter 69 There are small hills on both sides of the path

Jiandan had a clear understanding of her house. She couldn't expand inside the house. She turned outside and saw two strings of red goji berries hanging on the window.

She thought the red peppers hung by others were pretty. They were almost standard equipment on rural TVs in the past.

She didn't grow peppers, but she often encountered red goji berries when she went up the mountain. Anyway, it was just for the sake of scenery. They looked red and beautiful, so she strung two strings and hung them up.

Now she looked at it and thought, eh? Isn't this okay?

If goji berries can be strung, what's the difference between radishes and radishes?

She didn't look for it now. She went back to the house and took out the needle and thread that she had put away after using them last time, and used them to identify the needles.

The radish strips were much larger than the stems of the red goji berries. It was not difficult to strung them. She just picked them up. Jiandan had a lot of fun playing with them.

Now the radishes were juicy and full of water. Fortunately, this was a thickened string, otherwise the long string would not be able to withstand it.

Jiandan didn't care about beauty. The main focus was practicality.

Several long strings were hung on the nails by the kitchen door, on the hooks of the wall shelves in the house, on the nails above the window frame, and even one string was hung next to the red mushroom. One red and one white, it looked pretty good, but I wondered if it would taste bad if it was frozen.

I had heard from Grandma Liu San before that almost everything in the countryside could be pickled, and nothing would be wasted, such as cucumbers, beans, eggplants, coriander, cabbage, and even mushrooms picked from the mountains. Wild vegetables were the same.

She had not come across other simple ones, but when it came to wild vegetables, she remembered that she had actually eaten them once, beef, potatoes, motherwort, perilla leaves, and sweet potato stems. The taste of each one was just right, and it was considered a special pickled vegetable of the Korean ethnic group. She missed it a little when she thought of it.

She was sure that Grandma Liu San was not talking about her pickled vegetables. She should have cooked motherwort and potatoes, added salt, and maybe a little oil, with a strong taste and good with rice.

However, at this time, these three dishes were not in season, and she could only wait until the beginning of spring to try them again.

There were few things planted in the garden this year, and there was nothing to clean up. Whenever Jian Dan had time, she followed Li Yan and others to the foot of the mountain to collect firewood.

However, since Director Cheng came, Jian Dan has completely calmed down. She never stepped out in anything, and almost followed the educated youths, doing things in a well-behaved manner.

Before the snow fell, the village organized another trip up the mountain, and she was also quiet, quietly following the large group to pick up the mountain products and firewood that were missed last time, without any publicity as before.

Liu Weimin looked at her from time to time, what is she doing? This is not your style?

Until they went down the mountain and Jian Dan entered the house, he still didn't figure out what was going on.

Jian Dan naturally couldn't explain anything to him, anyway, her life was completely quiet.

Occasionally, she would get together with a few educated youths, and if there was something, she would basically go to Liu Sanye's house to find the old lady. After all, it was winter, and she didn't go out, so no one could say anything.

So unknowingly, the first heavy snow in Liujiatun since last autumn fell.

Now, Liu Weimin, the village cadres, the elderly, and the villagers were all relieved. Auspicious snow means a good harvest. More snow in winter means that crops will not lack water and will grow well next year.

Most of the people in the village stood in the snow, their eyes red, and reached out to catch the snowflakes, letting them melt into a small pool of water in their palms in an instant.

"God is still taking care of us farmers!"

"Hey, it's finally snowing. I haven't been so fond of it in these years."

"That's right! God has opened his eyes!"

Some people even knelt down and kowtowed to the sky.

"God, please give more snow to the farmers and leave them a way to survive!"

Liu Aiguo saw that the words were a bit out of control and quickly stopped them.

"Okay, okay, I know you are happy. Be careful with your words in the future. Have you forgotten what we said in the meeting two days ago?"

The villagers were startled and looked at each other without saying anything. They were indeed happy that it snowed, but who would have thought that someone would care about what they said now?

"This year, the villagers have had a hard time. The wells in our village are almost dry. Someone told me a few days ago that the water was muddy.

It's frozen now, but as long as there is a lot of snow in winter, the crops will definitely be good next year, and everyone can fill their stomachs, so don't worry.

The newly fallen snow is clean. Go back and get some big basins and big jars, and boil them. Isn't it better than the well water?"

People's wisdom comes from life and is endless.

As for whether the snow is clean or not, that is not a problem they consider. Lian Jiandan thinks that this is also a good way.

Moreover, the current environment is simply too good, and the air is simply too fresh.

Those in the future who are contaminated with worldly filth and impurities cannot be compared.

It would be fine if the snow didn't come, but it fell for three days and three nights.

The first thing to do when the snow stopped was to sweep the snow. The heavy snow blocked the door, which was right in front of us.

It wasn't particularly big, but it was true that she couldn't get out of the door.

Jiandan was able to push the door open thanks to her strength. With one step, the snow reached her calf, and she almost waded through the snow to open the door.

The snow stopped, and the wind stopped. The snow was blown everywhere, but it didn't look particularly thick on the road. It was mainly blown by the wind, with no regularity at all.

The firewood piles, walls or windproof places were piled with a lot of snow blown by the wind, and the thickest places were as high as Jiandan's belly.

The villagers were okay, as they had basically experienced it.

Jiandan and a few educated youth were fresh. The air after the snow was very fresh, and it was also a little sweet, which hit the nose directly, making people feel that the turbid air in their hearts could be completely blown away.

The adults held a homemade wooden shovel with a wide wooden board in front. Pushing it over, a road was created.

Seeing this, Jiandan remembered that she didn't have such a big wooden shovel at home, but she had a small iron shovel, which she got when she was planting cabbage and radish.

However, looking at the snow in the yard that was at least up to her ankles, and looking down at her cotton shoes that were already filled with snow, she could only return the same way with a bitter face and resigned herself to her fate.

The shoes were already wet, so there was no need to change them. She took the shovel and cleaned up from the door.

She didn't plan to clean up the whole yard, but she had to clear a path first, so she shoveled the snow on the middle path to both sides. When she cleaned up to the gate and looked back, there were small bulging hills on both sides of the path. To be honest, it was quite beautiful.

She jumped on the spot to shake off the snow on her shoes and body. She had been waving the shovel non-stop just now, but suddenly stopped. A gust of wind came over, and Jiandan felt cold and shivered unconsciously.