Chapter 13 Return trip, bitten by a snake

She had never been to the mountains here, but she knew from the area just now that the villagers had pulled out a lot of weeds. The weeds were only green at the roots, and they gradually turned yellow, and the tips looked like dead grass in autumn.

There were no edible wild vegetables to be seen, and the ground under their feet was cracked. The villagers picked up firewood while looking for edible things underground. However, they had searched so many times that they wished the ground was scraped up. Jiandan could hear from their conversation that it was getting harder and harder to find food.

Jiandan didn't plan to compete with them for land. Her goal was the deep mountains.

In her previous life, she also ran to the deep mountains and old forests from time to time, but it was for fun and exploration, and she was always in a group. This was the first time she was alone.

The drought was indeed serious. The branches were wilting, and the leaves were curled up, drooping weakly.

The weeds on the ground were sparse, but the further in, the greener it was. Jian Dan was more certain that it must be better inside than outside.

After walking in for more than an hour, Jian Dan could clearly feel the shadows of the trees above her head getting thicker and thicker, and the smell of grass and trees was also obvious. She also took the self-defense weapon in her hand early.

These days, people can't eat, and the beasts in the mountains are not much better. She came here to find a way to survive, not to die.

She is not a saint. According to the established trajectory, she will stay here for at least ten years. For her quiet life and personal safety in the future, she needs a mass base.

If she doesn't want to stay for three or two years and then leave, she can care nothing and endure it.

However, for more than ten years, she doesn't want to live like a thief all the time. The chaotic days are still behind. If she can make friends, she doesn't have to make enemies.

Moreover, it seems that no one has any ill will towards her, so she is willing to do something.

The air around her is getting fresher and fresher, and she has entered the range of the deep mountains.

Not to mention the trees above, even the weeds underfoot were sticking up, and even breathing was a little easier.

Jian Jian picked up a stick and dug. It must be said that the resources in the deep mountains are different. Most of the plants are still growing normally. What wild fruits, wild plums, wild chestnuts, red mushrooms, hazelnuts, pine cones, wild grapes, compared with the exposed ground at the foot of the mountain, this side is simply a paradise. Jian Jian was very happy to collect them. Anyway, there was no one, so she just collected them directly in the base.

There were also some mushrooms and wild vegetables, which Miss Jian couldn't tell apart. In order to avoid making herself lie down, she didn't dare to touch any of them.

She didn't even dare to measure the wild vegetables. In her eyes, they were all the same. She had eaten wild vegetables several times in her previous life, but they were all prepared for import. She had never seen such a primitive way of living, so she just skipped it. Unfortunately, there was nothing she could do. This was a deep mountain.

Moreover, she couldn't say anything about this kind of thing. If there were really such things that could satisfy hunger, it would be worth the villagers to take the risk to come up once.

After coming up once, she was not in a hurry to go back. She slept directly in the base at night and started the return journey on the third day.

The mountain is very big, and she only walked this small area in three days. Jiandan was not greedy. It was so close, and there would be plenty of opportunities to come back in the future. If she didn't go back, she was afraid that it would be difficult to explain to the village. She disappeared the next day after moving into the new house? That would be lively.

Maybe because she saw that this trip was too smooth, when she was walking back, she didn't know how she provoked a snake. Jiandan was also very tired these days. She didn't react for a while and was hit by the snake's tail. Her body was thrown directly onto the tree trunk more than ten meters away.

Jiandan groaned, and was knocked unconscious. She felt that all the bones in her body were dislocated. It was extremely painful to move. There were still golden stars in front of her eyes.

But she also knew that this was a matter of life and death. The second before the big snake came, she tried her best to enter the base.

The enraged snake was confused by the sudden disappearance of a hand, and its anger rose even more. It swung its big tail to destroy without any rules, trying to find the culprit who had disturbed it just now.

Only when he landed firmly on the ground of the base did Jian Dan breathe a sigh of relief.

Holding the increasingly heavy head, his vision became increasingly blurred, and Jian Dan finally realized that something was wrong.

Pinching her thigh to keep herself awake, she checked up and down, only to find two small black holes on her calf. She didn't notice the bite at all, so did the big snake attack her because its tail was stepped on?

There was no time to think too much, so she teleported to the infirmary, forced herself to inject a tube of serum, and then fell to the ground with peace of mind.

When she woke up again, Jian Dan looked at her calf the first thing she did. Fortunately, it had returned to normal skin color.

"Ah!"

She sighed leisurely, she was still too relaxed. People who went into the mountains to explore every day were actually taken by snakes. It was embarrassing to tell others.

This was a wake-up call for her. No matter what era, danger is everywhere, so it is urgent to improve her self-protection ability. Even if she thinks she can see the future trajectory, she is no exception and has no advantage.

The only advantage is that she has a base, food and drink, sufficient supplies, and no worries about food and clothing. Even if she does not leave the village or go to work, she can be supported for several lifetimes.

The time in the base is slower than outside. When she came out, the sun was still hanging high.

The surrounding trees have suffered varying degrees of damage. It seems that the big snake has a bad temper and a strong desire for revenge.

Jiandan couldn't help but feel lucky again. If she was a step slower, this tree trunk would be her fate.

Looking at her small body, no, no, still too weak.

When she set out again, she was very alert. It was not the road up the mountain, and the plants under her feet were also different.

She looked around as she walked. Her eyes were like radars. Nothing useful could escape her eyes. Of course, it was limited to what she knew.

The further she went, the less lively the weeds and plants were, and the fewer species there were.

She encountered several medicinal herbs in the area, and she didn't let them go.

When she was about to leave the deep mountain, two colorful pheasants flew past her. They frightened her and flew away.

Jian Jian was quick and saw a few stones flying out. Not far away, two screams came, and then the sound of heavy objects falling.

She happily went to collect the spoils. Although she had killed a lot of them, this thing was not too much. In other words, isn't chicken soup delicious?

She was so happy that she ignored her feet. The vines were tangled around her feet. When she couldn't move, she realized something was wrong. She squatted down and took a look. Hey!

The eldest lady was happy. She knew this thing. It was a good thing at this time. She was just worried about it. Wouldn't this method come to her door?