Chapter 179: Food shortage, contradictions, pickled vegetables

Although they are annoying and don't get along with each other, they don't have any deep hatred after all, and Li Yan and the others can't just watch them starve to death.

It's all thanks to the mountain products that I recently went up the mountain to collect, otherwise, I would have run out of food long ago.

However, the atmosphere in my heart only gets worse,

"Why are they like this? Who has more food? I earned it with my sweat, and they just talk and ask me to lend it to you. How can it be so easy?"

All of them are angry, but there is only one way. If something really happens, it will be human lives.

Besides, once they say that the educated youth here have no food, and using mountain products as staple food is not enough, the educated youth over there don't care, which is really unfriendly to them.

"Okay, it's already like this, but recently, our things, whether it's food-related, clothes, or firewood, must be put away. Move the water tank into the house, and lock the kitchen door when you go out."

Li Yan was stunned,

"Sister Yajun, is it necessary to be so serious?"

"It's better to be careful," Lin Zhaodi also agreed,

"We are always reluctant to think the worst of people, but we should always be on guard against others."

"Oh," seeing that the two people agreed, Li Yan naturally would not object. Chen Jianguo was completely working hard, and Ling Weidong and others who were still in the stage of cohabitation had no right to express their opinions. Immediately, several people got busy. When they locked the door and walked towards the village office, Ling Weidong said,

"Not only things, but also try not to be alone when you go out, especially female educated youth."

Li Yan didn't understand, but Tan Yajun's face changed immediately, thinking of the humiliation and unbearableness in the past, Chen Jianguo also frowned,

"What did you hear?"

Ling Weidong was not good at talking about people behind their backs,

"It's just to prevent trouble before it happens, but don't believe everyone. Bad people will only think of all kinds of bad things, and they won't change overnight."

After this little episode, until she came back with food, Tan Yajun's face was decadent. The previous events had a huge impact on her. For so long, she had been suppressing it in her heart. She thought it would fade away over time, and she thought it was over, but who knew that the scar would be opened again.

In the following days, the girls were preparing for the winter, and Jiandan was no exception. She exchanged some dried vegetables from the villagers in the summer, such as beans, eggplants, potatoes, and radishes. She also exchanged some mushrooms picked by the villagers. She harvested the cabbage and radishes in the back garden before the frost, leaving the ones for pickling sauerkraut, and put the rest in the cellar.

Of course, there were still two child laborers to help. When they started to harvest cabbage, Huzi started to run over here. Jiandan couldn't kill his enthusiasm for work, so he outsourced the work of transporting cabbage to the entrance of the cellar.

There were quite a few cabbages in the back garden, and there were still seventy or eighty left for pickling sauerkraut. Huzi frowned and looked at it for a long time, and called his best friend Heidan with heartache. It was a pity that Sister Jian didn't let him do it alone, fearing that he would be tired.

The two children ran and jumped, which motivated Jiandan to work.

"Sister Jian, are you going to pickle the cabbage on top?"