Dean X Reader Imagine #22 (REQUESTED)

AUTHOR NOTE: This was requested by iam_rezvan

You sat in your room when you got back to the bunker and just waited. You knew he would break soon and you knew as soon as he did he would need you. That's how you two were for each other. If one needed the other they were there. Soon you heard a yell from his room as something broke. As soon as you heard it you were on your feet and headed to his room. You opened the door and peaked in. Dean was sitting on the foot of his bed and though he tried to hide it a little you could see the tears falling from his beautiful green eyes. You walked over to him and sat on your knees as you took his hands in yours. "I'm right here," you told him.

"I could have saved her Y/N," he said as more tears fell, "I was right there. If I would've just been faster,". On the hunt you just go back from you were trying to save a little girl from a vampire. Dean didn't reach her fast enough and the fanger killed her.

"Dean," you told him, "You tried as hard as you could to save her. Sometimes a hunt goes wrong. But that doesn't mean it was your fault,".

"I'm a hunter," he said, "I'm supposed to save people from monsters. She was a kid Y/N, "he sniffled. You reached up and wiped the tears from his face.

"You save people all the time Dean Winchester," you told him, "I know it hurts and you feel like you failed when you can't save someone especially a child. But Dean you tried. Sometimes we lose and it sucks and I hate it just as much as you do, but Dean you are not a failure,". He looked up at you and wiped his eyes.

"Please?" he said. That's all you needed. You got up and climbed on the bed. You laid on your back and opened your arms. The hunter crawled into your embrace and rested his head on your chest as you wrapped one arm around him and you ran your other hand through his hair. You just held him. That's all he needed.

"You should rest Dean," you told him, "I'll still right here,".

"Sing our song?" he requested. He soon closed his eyes and drifted off as you softly sang Living On A Prayer by Bonjovi.