Sam X Reader Imagine #35 (REQUESTED)

AUTHOR NOTE: This was requested by djinn.n

You sat in your motel room. The hunt you were on almost went so wrong and you couldn't help but feel like it was your fault. You couldn't stop replaying it in your head. You were supposed to be watching Dean's back but you just looked away for a minute and a werewolf was on him. It threw him against the wall knocking him out. You froze. The wolf headed for you but luckily Sam shot it before it touched you. But now Dean was out cold. What if he didn't wake up? Have you killed your best friend? Would Sam ever forgive you if you did? You broke down. Sam could hear your sobs through the walls of his and Dean's shared room. Sam hurried over and kneeled down to your shaking form that was curled up on the dingy floor.

"Y/N, what's wrong?" he asked. Worry clear in his voice, "are you hurt?". You looked up at him. streams of fresh tears running down your face. You grabbed him in a tight hug and all you could keep saying was I'm sorry over and over again. "Sorry for what Y/N?" he asked.

"It's my fault," you muffled into his shoulder, "Dean is hurt because of me,".

"It's gonna be ok Y/N," he said, "Dean will wake up,".

"What if he doesn't Sam?" you asked fresh tears forming, "what if he never wakes up. What if because of me he dies?". Sam hugged you tighter and softly rubbing your back.

"Hey, it's gonna be ok," he assured you, "you know how strong and stubborn he is,".

"Will you ever forgive me Sam?" you asked closing your eyes tight as you waited for his answer.

"Y/N," he said, "there is nothing to forgive you for. This is not your fault,". Sam held you until you finally started to calm down.

"Sam," you said finally deciding to tell him. Today made you realize no one especially hunters are promised time.

"Yeah Y/N?" he answered. You looked up at him. Softly stroking his cheek.

"I love you," you said, "I love you so much,". He cupped your face in his hand leaning down.

"I love you too Y/N," he said as your lips touched. It was a soft, tender, loving kiss. It silenced every bit of worry and fear in you. You two were so lost in the kiss that neither of you noticed Dean come in.

"Hey I'm the one that's hurt," he said holding an ice pack on his head, "shouldn't I get the special treatment?".