The Devil's Heart Part 2 (Lucifer X Reader)

You had been with Lucifer since the night he saved you from those demons. You weren't in danger. In fact, you had never felt safer. He meant it when he said he would take care of you. He even put the fear of himself in his demons. Told them that if they even looked at you the wrong way he'd snap them. You were sitting in the living room of the apartment Lucifer claimed. You watched as he suddenly got a prayer. He smirked.

Apparently, his true vessel was at a hotel. You didn't know who this Sam Winchester was, but apparently, he was Lucifer's true vessel. He needed that vessel for a showdown with his brother. You had to admit that kind of scared you. You were attached the archangel. The thought of losing him frightened you.

He turned to you and smiled. "I have to go for a while," he informed you. Noticing the look of worry in your eyes he gently cupped your face in his icy hands, "don't worry my dove," the nickname made you blush and smile, "I'll return soon,". He kissed your forehead and turned to his demons. "You know the rules," he stated in a cold, firm voice, "if she is mistreated in any way you will seast to exist,". With that warning, he fluttered off.

Lucifer returned about an hour or so later. The heartbroken look on his face made your heart ache. He looked so upset. So crushed. He sat on the old couch beside you. After a moment he registered you were there. "Sorry, I'm a mess," he said snapping his fingers and cleaning himself up. You didn't push him on why he looked so hurt. You just gently grabbed his hands in yours. He explained how his little brother Gabriel showed up and took the side of the demigods and humans over him and how though it truly hurt him he had to take his brother's life. "Everyone I love turns on me," he whispered.

"I will never turn on you Lucifer," you told him, "I love you, and I will always be on your side,". He looked at you. He could sense the truth in your words. He leaned forward and softly pressed his lips to yours. His lips were cold, but the kiss felt so right.