✨Charles Leclerc - The Monegasque Driver

Another man, another heartbreak. For my friend Sophie anyway. She always ended up in the local bar or casino in Monte Carlo after every breakup she's ever had. "Ma'am. She's out of money. She can't gamble anything else." the person at the cards table said taking her cards. I sigh. "Sophie come on. Let's go." I say picking up her and her purse. Her purse seemed reasonable light. I open it and there are but pennies. "Sophie! How much did you spend?" she keeps her eyes barely open to answer. "All my money. I think. I got my paycheck yesterday." she laughs.

"Sophie! You need to pay your bills! You need food! Just stop going out with men that use you." I yell bringing he rout of the casino. I cash in the few chips I had. Just over €200. I place her on the curb and see my options. I could call an uber but my money doesn't come in until Thursday so I'd have to wait until tomorrow and I didn't have anymore money on me. "Okay Sophie. We're going home." I place her arm over my shoulder and walk with her. It's been fifteen minutes and it's honestly getting bizarre. She's throwing up every time we cross the road and then crying. I couldn't cope but hey, she's my friend and I have to help her out.

I had noticed a beautiful ferrari was following us for quite some time, since we left the casino at least. I stop and turn around to confront the person in the car. I slap the bonnet of the car. "You may have blackout windows but I can see that you're following us home." I say. The door opens and out comes a very handsome looking man. He had beautiful features but they weren't too clear in the dark. I mean, there were lights but they didn't highlight all his features. "Someone was following you Miss and so did I. I didnt want anyone to follow you home I'm sorry if I creeped you out or anything." he chuckles. I shake my head. "No its okay I guess. Thank you Mr?"

"Leclerc. I'm Charles Leclerc. You aren't from here are you?" he asks sitting on the bonnet. I shake my head. "I'm Y/n Reyes and I absolutely do not. I live in Barcelona but I've been living here for the summer holidays." He nods. "Nice. Do you need a lift home?" he offers. "Yes. She lives on Avenue Crovetto Freres." I say. He stops in his tracks while I buckle her into the back seat. "Are you serious? You're going the wrong way, the Crovetto Freres in that way." he points out. I cover my heated blushed face. "Oh really. Can you tell Im basically a tourist?" I joke. "Not just based on your knowledge of Monaco but also on your accent too. Spanish."

"Catalan. I live in Barcelona." I chuckle. We sit down and he starts the engine. "What's the difference?" he asks. I turn my head and drop my jaw. "Oh no, here we go." Sophie slurs from the back. "Touchy subject or?" he asks as he does a u turn. "No just a big mistake. I'm a passionate Catalan and I will die that way, now the difference between them."

Time Skip

"Wow. You sure know a lot about the Catalan. It's almost as if you were one." sarcasm dripping from his voice. "Well thank you I guess." he stops the car. "Where abouts is her apartment?" I look around for her balcony with the flowers and towels and I finally see them. "This one. She's the only person here that has grape vines and flowers growing from her balcony." putting emphasis on the 'and'. He gest out and opens the door. "Such a gentleman." I chuckle and help Sophie out of the car. Charles pulled her right around his shoulder while I held her other arms around mine. We walk her up to the lift so we wouldn't have to use the stairs. The lift ride was short so small talk was necessary.

I open her apartment and push the door through bringing her into her bedroom and laying her down to finally sleep. I walk back out into the living room and see Charles looking around at the pictures. He stumbles across one of me and Sophie from when we were five. "See something you like?" I say into his ear making him jump. "No. Not at all. I much prefer the after of this photo." he says pointing to me. "Well thank you. How did you know that was me?" I ask curious. "You look similar. You both have brown eyes, the faces almost match. I put two and two together and came up with that conclusion."

"Smart." I say impressed. "What do you do by the way?" I ask. He turns a bit surprised. "I- I drive." I nod. "Like uber because you're one pretty looking uber driver. Kind too." I smile earning one from him too. "Not exactly. I don't pick anyone up." he says. "But I will pick you up some other day, if I can have your number?" he says handing me his phone with a new contact ready to be added. I type in my phone number. "Then its a date Mr Leclerc." he nods. "Indeed it is Miss Reyes. I will call you maybe tomorrow? When I'm not so tired." he says. "Goodnight princesse." He walks away as I close the door and putting my back to it. I look over and see Sophie staring. "What?"

"Nothing. It's just, I'd keep him if I were you." she says walking away. "Oh really? And why's that?" I ask in amusement. "Because he's Charles Leclerc. The monegasque F1 driver. He drives for Scuderia Ferrari."