🎶Marcus Armstrong - Six Feet

"Oh I, miss you most at
Six feet apart when you're
Right outside my window

But can't ride inside my car
And it hurts to know just how lovely you are
And be too far away to hold but close enough to break my heart
I miss your smile
Feels like miles
Six feet apart
So far, so far but so close
Like a star, out in the cosmos
Can't touch, the beauty I see
That's how, it feels at six feet"

Marcus sat in his bed alone. Midnight was one hell of a time to be awake. He sat up thinking of her. How could he be so foolish? Why did he leave her? Who would ever? They would be talking right about now. They would be talking about nothing, things that filled the void in their minds until they eventually fell back to sleep but now he couldn't exactly talk to anybody but himself. He was close to breaking down again and because he lived alone, he could do exactly that and so, the tears began to stream down his face. He was broken after breaking someone. That's a new pain he felt and to be honest, he didn't know which hurt more; getting broken or making someone break. The tears sped up and burned red lines on his cheeks as the fell. He hated every second without her. His Y/n.

Marcus sat in his car looking over to Y/n, his ex. He didn't know why he dumped her to begin with but it started to take a toll on him. He missed not being able to wake up beside her, he missed having their midnight conversations, he just missed her and she was the only thing occupying his mind at the moment yet there she sat at a coffee shop with her friends undoubtedly over him with how she smiled that smile she used to have with him. He didn't intend on seeing her at the cafe. This was her favourite place os he went to relieve his mind a bit but now he couldn't muster up the courage to get out. He watched her, not in a creepy way because he just stumbled upon her, he just admired her from afar. He eventually got out of the car and walked by. The worst part about that whole situation is that she didn't even notice him,she was still talking to her friends. That felt like a stab in the heart but he continued on and ordered his drink. Without thinking, he bought two like he usually did, back when he had someone to buy a drink for.

He asked for a marker behind the counter and wrote a message on the cup. "If I had a time machine, I'd go back and make things right. I know I it won't make it better but I miss you a lot. Anyway, enjoy your day." He handed the marker back and walked over to the girls' table. He quickly placed the cup before Y/n and walked on. Y/n looked beside her confused before turning her attention fully to the person that gave her the drink. She recognised him from behind, it looked like Marcus' figure. Her friendsooked on teasing that she was ready for a new relationship but she refused. She knew who it was but they didn't and if they did, they would chase his car until he got out of it. Y/n took a sip of the drink, exactly how she liked it. Only Marcus knew how she liked her coffee. She silently broke inside but she was torn from her thoughts when her friend pointed out a message written on the cup. Y/n took the cup away from her lips and read the message, covering either side of it so the others couldn't read it. Her heart broke with every word she read. There he went playing with her heartstrings again. Butterflies filled her stomach. She still loved him. That was just a fact she had to accept. "Oh, we need to get back to class." her friend said looking at her watch. "Oh, let's go then." Y/n said.

Y/n couldn't focus at all during her lecture. She would take in some information and then her mind would fill with Marcus. She needed to know why he got her a coffee. Just to say that? He could have at least told her before she tried to move on, before she cried all the tears she had for him. The lecture thankfully ended. While the others got the bus back to their apartments, Y/n walked to Marcus' apartment. She silently hoped and prayed that he still lived there, that he didn't move. She stood at his door, completely numb. How does she go about this? She raised her knuckle to the door and gave a few taps. She heard footsteps grow louder as the person on the other side of the door grew closer. She held her breath as she heard the door handle move. She looked up when the door opened and saw the eyes of Marcus. They weren't their usual bouncy blue colour, they were merely blue, they changed, like they were sad, something was missing.

"Y/n? What are you doing here?" He asked in disbelief. She handed him the coffee cup. "I know you left this at my table this morning and I just want to talk." He gulped before nodding and letting her in. "I'm making tea if you want some?" He offered walking into his kitchen. "That would be great thank you." Y/n looked up at the walls and gazed at the photos upon them. His family, his racing and then finally, a picture of the both of them on their holiday together in the Alps. She smiled lightly as the fond memories flooded in. Marcus turned around looked at her in the hallway. She was looking through the framed pictures on the wall and smiling at one in particular and he could guess which one. "Sorry to interrupt but I have your tea." She looked back to him and took the tea before blowing it to cool it down. "Thanks." She takes a sip. "Do you not want to sit down?" Marcus asked leading her into the living area. "Oh right. Of course." She set her mug down on the coffee table and mentally prepared herself for the conversation she was about to have. "So I read the message on the cup Marcus." She begins. "That was the plan so it worked huh?" He joked. She nodded.

"What I don't understand though is why you couldn't have said that sooner." His eyes went wide. "You don't have a boyfriend do you?" He asked her. "No, not at all." He breathed a sigh of relief. "I just- I wasted so much of my time crying over you and when I do get over you, there you are playing with my heart again. So I'm going to ask this once Marcus." She paused. "Do you want me back or not?" Marcus sat up so he could become more serious. "Y/n, I never stopped. I just broke up with you because I thought you deserved better than everything I was; a boyfriend who was always away. I didnt want to hold you back in life so I let you go. I miss our weekly shopping trips, our midnight talks, our dates, I miss it all. I miss coming back from a race and coming to see you and when you come back from your lectures in a huff because your profesor gave you a bad grade for your paper that was six pages longer than everyone else's. I've been lost without you, nothing has gone to plan and I quite honestly want to just give up. I want you back and I'm willing to do anything because I still love you." Y/n smiled softly at him still processing everything he said. She didn't have any tears left to cry but if she did she would be crying.

"I still love you too." She said. "So is that a yes?" He asked. She nodded. Marcus breathed out a shakey breath. Wow that took a lot out of him. "So I can kiss you?" He asked in disbelief. "If you want to." That's all the permission he needed. He shot forward and crashed their lips together. He missed this. Her. He missed it all but now he got it back and he couldn't have been happier.

A/N: Okay but I absolutely love Marcus so this made me sad asf. I just heard the song and decided to write so 0nce again I took out th spinney wheel and of all the drivers it could have landed on... MARCUS ARMSTRONG