👶Alexander Albon - First Race

Thank you lbushey for the request. Hope you like it. xxx
Also, thank you all for 1k views, hope you are all enjoying the imagines. I have a prompt list so feel free to request from there or if you have your own ideas, you can go ahead and request those too. Now onto the oneshot x

Your daughters name (y/d/n)

The sun shone bright onto the beautiful work of art that was Silverstone. I loved this race and I always have. I was with a driver, Alex and this would be his home grand prix, even if he was racing under the Thai flag. I walk through the paddock holding mine and Alex's daughter closely to me and his mother, father and siblings, walking alongside. Alex was so keen to bring his daughter to a race ever since we found out I was pregnant but I was a bit hesitant because I didn't want to interfere with her hearing or scare her with all the roaring engines so we waited... for the best part of three weeks after the birth, because Alex had gotten earplugs to cancel out the sounds of the loudness the cars created.

"Alex, we can't go I'm sorry. We'll watch at home." He wouldn't give it up. She was too little for the cars, she could barely open her eyes for the love of God. "Why have you gone all quiet?" I ask concerned. He leans against the door frame and begins thinking. "I'm trying to think on how I can make you come to the race and I have the solution." I throw him a look as if I had just said 'Really? Are you serious?'. We just had a whole conversation on why I didn't want to bring (y/d/n) and he is looking for a loophole. "Alex, we can't go. That's it. We'll be here for when you come back but" "Y/n?" "we can't go because she is too little and I'm scared" "Y/n." "the noise might hurt her little ears or something and-" "Oh my god babe! You're going to the race! I have noise cancelling earphones." I spin around to face him. Of course he did. I should have known he wouldn't rest until our little girl went to her first race to support her daddy. "Okay. Okay. Fine. It's fine. We'll do that then." Silence hung in the air before Alex broke that silence. "I love you." "I love you too."

Cameras start flashing and I get a lot more possessive of my baby. All these lights might scare her or something. When we reach the Red Bull hospitality lounge, I decide she has to be fed around now so I take out the bottles I made up for her and feed her. "So how is the first race as a mom?" Alex's mother asks. I let out an overly dramatic sigh. "More stressful than without a baby. It's like everything just turned to a hundred." His sister and mother laugh. "Well you're doing good anyway." Alicia remarks. I better have been. I wanted to be a good mum. "Shall we go to the garage?" Alicia asks. "Sorry. You guys can go ahead. Alex hasn't given me the ear lugs yet so I have to wait here with (Y/D/N). Just do me a favour and tell Alex to come to the lounge whenever he can." I say. The other two nod and make their way to the pits. It's only a matter of minutes before Alex comes jogging in. "Hi sweetheart." he sings. I look up and see him walking with the netflix crew behind him. "Heya. How is it so far?" I ask as he kisses my forehead. "The same, it's just now I have other things to think about, like this little lady." He picks up his daughter and gently places a kiss on top of her head as she snores softly. "Someone's giving out kisses left right and centre." I joke, earning a chuckle from Alex. "Only for the important women in my life." It's silent for a while, the only sound that can be heard is the distant talking of engineers in the same room as us and the cars.

Alex gets a sudden burst of excitement. "I got the baby the earphones. They're in my pocket, can you?" I nod taking the baby from him as he searches around his pockets for them. He pulls a small two earplugs out triumphantly and I close my eyes. "What?" he asks confused. "They are going into her ears to cancel the noise." "Yes Alex, but they are for adults. She needs proper headphones." He mouths 'oh' and apologises. "Follow me and we'll get some then." I place (y/d/n) 's head to my chest and cover her other ear as we make our way into the garage. Alex runs off to find Christian and I sit at the back admiring the Red Bull. "Is that my niece?" a Dutch voice asks. Max. "Yup but she's asleep so she can't go to Uncle Max right now." I laugh. "How have you been? The car running smoothly?"

"Yeah everything is good honestly. I'm looking forward to the race. Where's Alex?" he asks. I nod my head towards Christian and see him taking down and adjusting a pair of headphones. "For you?" he asks. "No. The baby but I'm getting them in a minute." Alex returns and hands me the headphones. "I'll go outside and put then on and then I'll come back okay?" Alex nods as he turns to cocerse with Max. It's absolutely boiling outside, I don't know why I put a coat on her, maybe because it was supposed to rain? I take the coat off to reveal a baby jumpsuit type onesie, matching Alex's right down to the flag. "You are so cute. Wait till daddy sees your race suit too." I walk back into the garage and look around. "He's in the car." I see Christian walking up to me. "He's just getting in and hello little missy." He babbles to my daughter. "You supporting Red Bull?"

"Yes she is. She's wearing daddy's race suit too." You show him the suit and he awes. "That is cute. Has he seen it?" Christian asks. I shake my head. "Not yet." "Well come on. We'll show him now before he goes out." We walk over to Alex's car and Christian talks on the radio. "Okay Alex, before you go out, we have a surprise for you." Alex chuckles. "Oh yeah because I just love surprises." "You'll like this one mate. I promise." He looks around and sees you holding (y/d/n) in a race suit with his name and number on it. "Oh my god. Can I have her in here quickly?" he asks. You nod and hand her over gently as he bring s her into his car. The netflix cameras capturing this moment. Can't wait to see that part on the new season. "Aw. You're wearing a baby race suit just like Daddy." he smiles. He starts playing with her as she's now awake but she can't see him die to the helmet so she was bound to start crying any minute. Christian tells him he has to go now and he gives his daughter back. "Good luck. I love you." he pecks my lips. "Thanks and I love you more." "I love you most." I step back to the back of the garage to rejoin with Alex's mum and sister. "God I hope he has a good race."

Time Skip

"And its Lando Norris in first, Alex Albon in second and Max Verstappen third." the commentator announces. The red bull garage erupts into screams and shouts of pride and joy. They had two drivers on the podium. I quickly walk out to the podium with everybody else. I let the team run forward as I stayed behind with the rest of Alex's family that attended. The cars pull up and Alex jumps ino his team before he waves his hand for you to come closer. The mechanics move out of the way for you as you make your way through with the baby. "You did amazing!" I shout loud enough for him to hear me. I receive a muffled 'Thank you' back before he takes off his helmet. "Let's trade." He takes the baby again and I take his helmet. I look down and examine the helmet closely and see that he had dedicated this Helen and this race to his new baby. "For (y/d/n) Daddy loves you." it read. I poke his shoulder and he spins around. "When was I gonna know about this?" He looks at the design and smiles. "Well it's for her and her only. You got a helmet for the first race you came to and now so does she and when we eventually get married and have more kids, they will too."

I smile and kiss his lips deeply and lovingly. "Okay Mr Albon. Go up and do your interviews already." I take the baby back and watch as he walks off. "So Alex, we just saw you with your biggest supporters over there. How much does this race mean to you?" Martin Brundle asks. "It means a lot, my girlfriend, my mum, my sister, my dad. Everyone is here basically." "And your daughter. She looks like a big supporter of Dad. She's wearing your racing suit. Is she going to be a racer like you one day?" he asks. Alex nods. "Definitely. When she's older I'd like to get her into karts and I think it'll be easy enough because she's going to be growing up around racers anyway." The interview carries on for a little while before he makes his way up to the podium with Lando and Max. The trophies are recieved and the champagne is sprayed. He waves down at me and his family and returns to everyone else on the podium. I smile.

Maybe bringing our daughter to her first race wasn't such a bad idea after all.