👶Max Verstappen - Kut

"Max? Are you okay?" The engineer asked. Max spun out during qualifying and there was no way they were getting the whole back of the car fixed in the little time they had left. "Yeah, yeah in okay. I'm sorry." he switches off the car and jumps out. It was raining, slippery and Max just lost grip on the car. I was at home watching with our two year old daughter Elena or Ellie for short. "Is that dadda?" she asked. I nod. "Yeah. It is. I'd say he'd be on the phone to talk in a few minutes." She yells in happiness at the thought of seeing her dad. Surely enough, the phone did ring and I answered it immediately. His face was soaked and frustrated. "Hi Max. We saw what happened are you alright?" I ask concerned. He nods. "I'm alright. Just pissed. In going to be starting last tomorrow. How is Ellie?" he asked. I look over to her. She's watching the McLaren of Lando Norris zooming around the telly. "Hey Ellie? Dad's on the phone. He wants to talk to you." She comes run waddling over an chumps up on the couch beside me. "Hi papa!" He shouts waving. He waves back. "How is my little girl doing?"

"I'm okay. I built your car with my legos so you can qualify. You can come back and get it if you want." she picks up her mini lego car and shows it proudly to her dad on the phone. "Wow. It's amazing. How long did it take you to do that?" She gives a thoughtful look. "A couple minutes." "Why aren't you here fixing my car then?" he jokes. His mechanics giving him a look in the background. "How far away are you?" she's asks excitedly. "Too far. I can't hug my little baby from here so it's too far away."

"Can I come and hug you in a few minutes?" she asks. Max shakes his head no. "I'll be home tomorrow evening. I promise." She nods sadly and walks away. I give her a pitiful look and return back to Max. "We'll bring her to a race one day. Don't worry about it." I tell him. "She'll forget about it when you're home." Max looks up and is told he has to go so he bids his goodbyes and hung up. "Hey Ellie, want nuggets for dinner?" She doesn't speak. I pick her up and place her on my lap. "Look at me. He'll be back tomorrow. He promised. He never breaks his promises. Now let's get you something to eat."

Time Skip

The race finishes and Max finished P2 after both Mercedes tyres got pinctured. Ellie sat with her Red Bull clothes on and her little verstappen flag. "Did papa not win?" she asks innocently. "No. He came second." She let's out a groan and curses in Dutch. "Kut!" she yells. "Hey. Who taught you that?" I ask shocked. "Grandpa Jos says it all the time and papa says it when you aren't around. He says I can't say that when you're here." she smiles. I let out a grunt. "Well you can't say that at all. It's a bad word and you'll get in trouble." "Then why does papa say it?" "Papa always gets into trouble when he says it." "Is that why you send him to bed?" I freeze and begin stuttering. "I- I- erm. Y-yes I suppose." "Then I guess I have to go to bed too." "If you want. I'm not going to make you go to bed now but if you do it again I'll make you go to bed." "Well I'm tired so I'll just go to bed." and with that, she walked up the stairs to her room and she stayed there until the next morning.

Max walked through the door at nine o clock that night. "Schat? I'm home!" his voice bellows around the hall. "Kithen!" I call back. He comes running into the kitchen. "Hello my love. Where is Ellie? She usually waits for me." he looks around for his daughter. "She sent herself to bed. She cursed in dutch which firstly, should not be allowed regardless of the parent there and secondly, why did you teach her that?" "I didn't know she was going to remember it. It's fine. Relax. What did you have for dinner?" he asked. "Spaghetti bolognaise. What about you?"

"I was hoping to have you for dinner." he smirked. I shoot him a look and he stops. "Why did she send herself to bed?" "I don't know. She saw you didn't win, cursed and sent herself to bed. Maybe she misses you or something. Go ask her." He walks up the stairs to her room. Her fairy lights were switched on and her teddies and toys were all on the floor. She was asleep but her checks were slightly red and puffer than her usual chubby cheeks. He tip toed over to her bed and sat down, stroking her hair. "Hello princess." he whispers. Her small eyes flutter open and fixes the on her dad. "Hi papa. Did you remember to drink?" she joked, remembering what her father said to his engineer. "Yes, I did. And did you eat?" she nods and drifts off back to sleep. Max walks back downstairs to his wife on the sofa. "Schat?" he calls. He knew he had to tell her he had to leave tomorrow evening for his Covid test. "Mmh?"

"I need to tell you something." I sit up as he kneels down. "I need to go back tomorrow." I let out a sigh in frustration. "Listen, I need to have my covid test done-" "I know. I can't be angry with you for not being here because I know it isn't even your fault but, Ellie. She barely even talks to me when you aren't around. She just sticks to her toys and she's just missing you." Max watched as his wife walked to the window and looked out. "You can come if you really want to. They'll do the tests on you and Ellie as well and you're allowed too. Valterri and Charles have their girlfriend's so why not bring my wife?"

"Because we have a daughter who is in danger of getting the virus. She is a toddler and she's asmatic. She can't go Max." We both knew we couldn't win. I would have loved to go but Ellie has become a main priority in my life and Max just wantds the best for his family. "Yes but, she will get tested every five days. She will stay in the hotel room and when she's at the track she'll be in hospitality. I won't put her at risk, I promise. I never break my promises." I look back. He's desperate to not feel lonely. "Please." I give in. "Okay, but if she gets the virus, I am never going to forgive you." I am halfway up the stairs when I look back down to him. "That doesn't mean I haven't missed you. I would like some cuddles in bed with my husband." He smirks. "You're getting a lot more than cuddles schat."