💐Marcus Armstrong - On The Tree

I sat down at my favourite restaurant with my friends Abbie, Lavandar, Louise and Alisha for my birthday. I had just turned 21 and I didn't know why people made such a big deal out of it. My friends and I had ordered and we were waiting for our food to come when a guy and a girl came in together. Now I'm not the usual y type to just drool over a guy, especially when he comes in with another girl but I couldn't help it. He caught my eye.

"Oh sweet mother of god." I whispered under my breath. Louise noticed and followed my line of vision to land on the mystery guy beside us. A chuckle escapes her lips which catches my attention. "Honey, he's not even that good looking. Why him?" I shake my head. "It's not important anyway. He's here with someone." I mutter back taking a sip from my water. The night goes by smoothly but I couldn't quite take my eyes off the mystery guy beside us. The second I would take my eyes off him, I found myself looking at him again and just when I had eventually stopped staring and focused at my own table, something happened.

"What do you mean you want to break up with me?" the girl beside us asked in a raised voice. "It's not working out. I'm always away and you deserve better than this. We can still be friends if you-" He got cut off by the food from his plate being thrown at him. "No! Shove your apology! I don't ever want to hear from you again!" she said throwing the drink at him before storming off. My heart bled for the poor guy but apparently not my friends hearts. "Yes queen! You don't need him!" Alisha cheered her, actually cheered her for publicly humiliating this guy. How fucking selfish.

"Oh shut up. You can't even keep a boyfriend so mind your business." I tell her and she shut up. I stand up and walk over to the guy beside us with nothing but a smile to offer. "Hey. Are you okay?" I ask. He looks up. His once bouncy blue eyes turned dull and it didn't suit him. "Yeah, I guess. Thank you." I sit down and try to start up a conversation. "Would you like to talk about it?" He shakes his head. "Would you like company?" He looked up and nodded. "If you don't mind." I reach my hand across the table to shake it. "Y/n Y/l/n." He took my hand. "Marcus Armstrong." he mumbled. "So what was that about if you don't mind me asking?"

"Well I'm always away and she deserves better than what I can offer so I tried to break up with her the best way possible by bringing her to her favourite place which is here and hopefully end on good terms but as you can see-" he paused motioning towards his now stained clothes. "it didn't go too well." I give him a pitiful look. "You poor thing. I mean, I get that she is hurt but what I don't understand is why she overreacted like that. Surely there was a better way handling it on her part." He nodded. "Well I'm one person short in life now. I don't get it. I always lose people close to me. What am I doing wrong?" he questioned. "Sometimes it doesn't have anything to do with you but more the people you surround yourself with. Through the best and worst times, you'll know who your real friends are. Trust me. I'm speaking from experience." I nod towards my groupof friends not eating as they await my return. Marcus smiled. "You've got yourself a good set of friends then don't you?" I nod. "Yes but we always have room for one more."

He hesitated but agreed and walked over alongside me. "Girls, this is Marcus. He is going to be joining the festivities." They look him up and down and offer a smile. He pulls up a chair and shits down in between me and my friend Abbie. "Festivities? Who's birthday?" Marcus asked. "Hers." He followed Abbie's finger pointed towards me and smiled. "Oh wow. So I got a late invite to the birthday party?" We laugh along with him. "Don't worry. I'll make sure your next invite won't be delayed." I called the waiter over and asked for an extra menu for Marcus which he gladly went and got for us.

After Marcus ordered, none of the girls ate. They were all too busy talking to Marcus and didn't want to be rude. "So what do you do?" my friend Lavender asked. "I drive." The chuckle lightly. "Like taxi or uber?" Marcus shakes his head laughing. "No, no. Formula 1. Well, not Formula 1 yet. I'm in Formula 2 at the moment." I became a little more excited. I loved racing and formula oen but I never really watched Formula 2 all that much. "Y/n likes racing." Marcus turns his head around with a smirk falling onto his lips. "Oh really? Is that why you invited me over?" I sit up and shake my head. "No, I didn't know who you were. Honest. I watch F1 not F2 or F3 but I might watch it now I know someone there." We lock eyes for a little too long and I know it was a little too long because of my friends reactions.