🏎️Dan Ticktum - Let Me Cry

This was a request from nathnath97 So this was inspired by him losing his podium. I feel for the guy honestly. Anyway, hope you enjoy reading! xxx

Dan went to your apartment that you were staying in at Italy, in a good enough mood. He had won in Monza and he couldn't have been happier. He just wanted to celebrate with you. You were at dinner when everything turned sour. He received a call from some of his team. He was disqualified. He would not only have to give his trophy back, but also lose all the points he had earned too. He sat back down at the table returning from his phone call and you could sense something was up. You battled with the thought of asking him about the call or not but in the end, it was for the best that you should. "Are you okay babe?" you asked curious. He shook his head. "Do you want to talk about it?" he shook his head again. "I want to go home." he said coldly. "What?" He stood up and handed you the card to pay. "I'll be in the car." and off he went. After paying, you returned to the car knowing it would be a long drive back even though in reality, it would probably be four or five minutes back.

The atmosphere was so tense, you could have cut it with a knife. The car pulled into the drive and he didn't even help you out of the car in your stilettos. How the hell were you gonna walk up a pebble path in these heels? Nevertheless, you managed just fine without him. Now this was getting unbearable. Yoi quickly got sick of his attitude and just kept to yourself instead. He told you he wanted a shower and then to go to bed so you just shrugged your shoulders and turned your back to him. You didn't want to see him at that moment. He was being a douchebag and he needed to realise that.

Twenty minutes had passed and the shower was still on. His normal showers usually lasted six or ten minutes but the time doubled. You walked up the stairs, with concern growing on every step until you reached the bathroom. Through the noise of the shower, you could hear quiet sniffles. Was he crying? You knock on the door. "Y-yeah?" he calls out. "Dan, I really don't think you're okay." you say. "Just let me cry in the shower by myself okay?!" he shouted. He never shouted at you. "No! Tell me what's wrong! We can sort it out together." The shower turned off and there was rustling in the bathroom for a little bit before he opened the door, showing himself with a towel wrapped around his waist and an unamused look plastered on his face. "I don't think the whole 'us sorting it out' will do it this time bubbs." he walks by you and lies on the bed looking up to the ceiling without any emotion. "Why? What happened?" you sat beside him, ready for whatever he was gonna say. "Why would I tell you? You wouldn't even know anything about it." Nope. Nope. This was the final straw. "Listen here Dan, I did not move out of my parents house, give up my job to travel with you and take online courses for you to just ignore me whenever you feel like being a dickhead. Now tell me or I walk." He was taken back by your sudden dominant attitude and decided he should just tell you before you got carried away with shouting.

"I got disqualified." That caught you completely off guard, did not expect that. "For what?" you ask. "We didn't provide enough fuel for the sample to get tested and got disqualified." You lay down beside him on your back and stare at the ceiling too. "I'm sorry. Do you want to talk or not?" you ask. A few seconds go by as Dan jumps between the answers before answering with a definite no. "No. Can we just cuddle instead?" You nod your head and grab a hold of him, holding yourself close to him. "Oh for fucks sake, your soaking! Go and dry yourself first." you joke, trying to lighten the mood and succeeding too. You managed to get a laugh out of him. He walked into the bathroom to dry himself before walking back out in boxers and a shirt for his cuddles he had requested.

You stroke his hair as he slowly falls into a slumber. You admire every single little thing about him. His lips, his face, his jaw, his soft snores. Everythijg just seemed to be perfect. "I love you." you whisper, just audible. "I love you back." Dan whispers as a response, leaving you with a small smile perched upon your face and one thing on your mind. Him.