🏎️Mick Schumacher - Not To Plan

So f1ismylifelol requested a Mick chapter yesterday and I had this one lying around in the drafts so please enjoy xx

I follow Mick into his driver room. This wasn't how we expected his first race in Formula one to go. He threw his gloves on the ground in frustration and threw his balaclava to the side. I sat down on a chair on the opposite side to the room watching his frustration turn to disappointment. He wanted to show the world that he could live up to his family name but no. The car was shit and he may as well had been last. "You know, it isn't your fault." I mutter. His head falls back as he let's out a long sigh. "Tell the critics that." They were dick heads honestly. It was like he couldn't even lift a finger without them yelling about it. Always in comparison with his father and you may argue that every driver's child is going to be compared to their parent when racing but not to the extent that drivers like Mick are.

"Look, the car just isn't up to standard. How can they blame you for the car being slow?" I fold my arms over my chest and let out a huff. "The will find a way. They always have." It hurt me seeing him like this. Why does he put so much pressure on himself? Sure, they share the same last name but he's a completely different driver to his father and yet people think it's fair to compare them. "Mick, listen. You don't need to prove yourself to them! They don't matter!" My slams his helmet down, making me flinch. He notices this and begins apologising. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you I just- I need to prove to them that I can drive like my dad. I have to be at that standard. Do you understand?" I shake my head. "No, I really don't understand and maybe it's because I don't race but I don't understand why you put yourself under so much fucking pressure Mick. Sorry for cursing but it's true. You have done so many great things and you are dragging yourself down and forgetting everything you have done to get here. Do you really think they would want you to quit after so much hard work?!"

He sits down on the chair so I walk over to him and get down on my knees. "Do you think your dad just came into the sport and hut the ground running? No! He had to work at it. Mick, I know it's disappointing but it's life. Everyone has to work hard to get better at something. You're time will come, just you wait." A small smile rests on his face. "And you'll be there too I presume?" I chuckle and nod. "I'll always be here. No matter what happens." He smiles softly and cups the side of my cheek. "I'm counting on it liebe and thank you for everything you do. I don't know where I'd be without you."