🏎️George Russell - So Close Yet So Far

Another request from MJNHBQR I hope she likes it xxx

The Williams mechanics clapped and cheered as George crossed the line in a stunning P9 which meant his first points for the team and his first points in Formula one. Among the Williams mechanics was you, Y/n, his girlfriend. You knew how much he wanted points and you were glad the time had finally come. He parked up and got weighed before returning to the garage where he received a round of applause and cheers from everybody, including you. He spotted you just lurking in the back and walked towards you in open arms. "You did amazing!" you said as he engulfed you into his embrace. "Why thank you darling. Did you enjoy the race?" He asked. "Of course I did. I'm very proud of you and so is everyone else at home. I just got off the phone now." He smiled at the thought of how happy his family would be with his points, the long awaited points. The tender moment was cut short from a Williams mechanic pulling George aside and talking to him. He grew frustrated quickly so it mustn't have been good news. He returned back to You and grabbed his jumper before placing a kiss on your cheek and saying he had to go. "Interviews?" You asked. He shook his head. "No, I have to go up to the FIA. Apparently I did something that was worth a penalty. I don't see what but apparently so." You chewed the inside of your lip. This might not exactly turn out the way you wanted. Those few hours were tense as you watched the Williams mechanics disassemble the car so it could be brought back to the truck for the next race. You offered your assistance wherever you could and ended up carrying some things out for them and making coffee or tea but you were glad you could help at least.

George returned to the garage in a huff, throwing his bottle to the ground just before coming in. You spun around as you heard a loud sound and saw him. Penalty must have been given. He walked in and slammed the driver door behind him. You saw the netflix crew questioning whether or not to follow him. You slowly walked by them and entered the room. You saw George desperately trying to take the microphone off his back but was struggling. "I swear, I'm gonna rip it in a minute." He grumbled. "Don't rip it. They are expensive." You said helping him. "They have a job just like you." He grunted. "My job is to get points and I can't even do that! That penalty was complete and utter bullshit!" He yelled. You flinched a bit and it wasn't unnoticed. George curled his arms around your hips and pulled you closer. "I'm sorry darling. I'm just- I don't have an excuse for raising my voice." You shook you head and set the microphone set onto the table. "It's alright. I know how frustrating it can be." He lifted your chin up with his fingers and connected his lips to yours.

"I still can't find an excuse for what I did and you don't deserve to be spoken to like that." He fiddled with a piece of your hair which made you smile. "I can make it up to you." He said in a suggestive tone. You chuckled and shook your head. "Maybe later. Netflix are recording you." He glanced at the microphone pack and so desperately wanted to turn it off but they were complicated and for some reason needed a code. "No, not just the mic pack. I mean they are outside the door as well." He then turned his attention to the door and let out a sigh. "I will make it up to you, I promise." He whispered and kissed your forehead and left with a smirk painted to his face as you just stood in the middle of the room with your mind in the gutters of what was to come later on that night.