✨Max Verstappen - What The Hell Dad?

Max had decided to bring me, my family and his family out for a dinner to celebrate since Max and I were now engaged. He booked a table to cater to all of our family and then he said he'd pay for it. My father and his father didn't like how Max and I were a thing. For my dad, Max was a privileged little shit who didn't deserve his daughter and for Max's, I was a girl that simply wasn't good enough for him. Max and I got out of our car and waited for our parents before going inside and luckily we didn't wait too long. Max's family were first to show up. "Hi Mrs Verstappen." I say sweetly as she takes me into her arms for a hug. "Y/N darling, how are you? You look beautiful, doesn't she Jos?" she turns to ask her husband. He let's out a grunt in response and even though he did this everytime, it still put me on edge. They begin muttering things in Dutch, which I can't speak, nor can I understand so I usually base how I react on Max's reaction. Max began getting irritated with his father so he was saying something that was throwing him off even celebrating. "Dad, I didn't win the last race because of difficulty with the car on the last lap." he says in English. "He did very well with second though Mr Verstappen. Are you not proud of that?" He sneers at my comment. He mumbles something to his son which makes Max lose the plot. "Okay, you cannot say that. You can't say things like that in front of other people when it's about that person. Whether it's in a language they understand or not, it is rude and hurtful so just stop."

It was silent for the most part, but then whoops, there went Jo's with his snobby remarks. "Are your family late again?" What does he mean again? He'd only ever met them twice. "It seems that way, doesn't it?" I say in a snarky tone that didn't go unnoticed might I add. My family did eventually come though, they wore their best clothes and they really made an effort. Now, Dad didn't like Max one bit, but at least he tried to be nice to the person his daughter was marrying. "Hello Mr Y/L/N. How are you doing?" Max asks outstretching his hand. Dad takes it and smiles. "Very good Max and yourself? I watched your race on Sunday actually. Great result. You must be proud of it." "It's not first but I am proud of it, considering I was second last in qualifying." Jos interrupts. "Shall we go in?" I shake my head. "No. Victoria isn't here just yet."

"She can't come. Did you not know?" Max's mother asked. I shake my head. "No, how come?" For some reason, Mr 'I am the supreme leader of opinions' butts in. "Oh of course, nosey." I'm pretty sure everyone knew what was going to happen next. Dad was going to start a fight with Jos. "Well there's no need to be rude Jos. She's just concerned about your daughter." I was surprised at what he said. That's right, said. I honest to god thought he'd lunge. He usually does that if someone insults anyone in his family but he acted as the better person. "He's right Jos. Can you just please apologise and we'll all go in?" Jos unfolds his arms. "I'm sorry. Let's go now." He opens the door and let's us all through but he pulls at my arm. "May I speak with you privately?" I gulp and nod. He pulls me with him to outside the hall to talk quiet because no one was there. "Is there a problem Mr Verstappen?"

"Look, you seem very nice but I don't think you would be suited for Max." I could already feel that he was going to pick out everything wrong about me. "Your hair, your body shape, your attitude and your personality. It's just all off honestly. I just don't want you to feel embarrassed or question why he breaks up with you and calls off the wedding." Tears pricked my eyes as he smiled and walked away. He was right. I didnt look like every other driver's wife or girlfriend. They were all super models and I looked nothing like them. I sniffle and run to the bathroom and lock the door to the cubicle. I break down in tears and everything is ruined. The door to the bathroom slams the wall and someone is banging on the doors. "Y/n? Which one are you in?" It was Max. "Max! This is the women's bathroom. Go away!" I shout out. "Not until you tell me what the hell he said to you!" I take a deep breath in and let it all tumble out.

"He said I wasn't good enough for you to put it simply. He said everything about me wasn't good enough for you. He said you were going to call off the wedding and-" tears escaped me again. Max's heart broke but his blood was boiling with what his father said. "Come out. Please?" I hesitate but I open the door. He looks down at my red eyes and puffy cheeks. "Aw schat. Your makeup. You worked so hard on it too." The bathroom door opened again and I saw Max's mother and mine come in. They stop and offer a hug by stretching her arms out wide. I reluctantly accept but find myself crying again. "Oh darling. It's okay. I know." "But-but it h-h-hurts so-o bad." She looks to Max and tells him to leave. "Look, you think Max will leave you?" I shake my head. "He just came into the women's bathroom to see if you were okay. He's a keeper and so are you. He won't let anything come between you and I for one, cannot wait for the wedding." I smile. "Now let's fix your makeup." My mum says.

I walk out of the bathroom and make my way to our table. I sit down beside Max and don't even share a glance with Jos. He's not worth the time of day. "Well schat, how is the love of my life doing?" Jos slams his fist on the table causing everyone around us to look his way. "No one is going to say it? Then I will. She doesn't deserve my son. She is nothing but a prostitute he picked up on the street." Now that was not one bit true. I went to college, I studied and I planned to get a job. "Dad! What the hell?!" Max shouts. He grabs his father by the arm and pulls him out of the restraint. I follow and so does Max's mother. "Just because you are too chicken to admit she is just another girl off the street, doesn't mean I'll hold my tongue and pretend she isn't." he hissed. "That's it! Leave. I've had it! This is my future wife and you can come back into the restaurant and join us when you accept that." He turns back around and pulls you by the waist back to the table.

Midway through dinner, Jos returns looking sulky. He sits down beside his son. "Max." Max looks up. "I'm sorry." "It's not me you should be saying sorry to." He turns his head to me. "Y/n. I'm sorry. I don't hate you, I'm just stressed about Victoria that's all. She hasn't called or anything in a few months and I'm worried." You nod understandably. "And you couldn't go to her apartment?" Max asks. Jos shakes his head. "Look Dad, we'll resolve the issue with Victoria after dinner but you can't be telling people I love they don't mean anything to me. Now here." he slips a plate over to his father to eat and join the meal like everyone else at the table.

Time Skip

I wave goodbye to my parents as they leave. Max turns to me and places a kiss on my lips, which leaves a red stain on his lips. "You've got a little something there." I chuckle. "Leave it. We aren't going anywhere else." He walks us back to the car and opens the door. "Future wife." I smirk. "Future husband." The ride home was long and so, I slept. After a awhile I feel a pair of arms lift me up. "Are we home yet?" I groan. Max hushes me. "Don't shush me!" I whisper shout. "You're gonna wake the neighbours schat." He places me onto our bed and takes off my heels. I let out a sigh of relief to the pressure being taken off my feet and the comforting feel of my soft bed beneath me. "Max?" I ask. He looks to me. "What is it?" I swallow hard. "Thank you for tonight. The dinner, sticking up for me. Everything." "You don't need to thank me for anything. You just need to be beside me through my bad days and my good days." He says smiling.

"I love you my future husband."
"I love you my future wife."