🎄Max Verstappen - The Gift Of Giving

Max groaned as he was told yet again that he wasn't stirring the mystery mixture you gave him correctly and he was just about ready to give up. "Schat, I'm not doing this anymore-" You tapped his arm with the back of her hand. "Stop complaining or I'll call your mum. She encouraged you to bake with me for Christmas." He clenched his jaw and returned to mixing. He never liked Christmas baking and he volunteered to bake with you because this would be your first Christmas together in the same house, but he was kinda regretting it now. " Like this?" He asked showing you. You watched for a few stirs and nodded. "Yup. Just like that. See? You're great!" He smiled lightly as he now started to get the hang of it. "And where do I put it when it is done?"

Yiu turned to have a look at where there was space and pointed at a small space on the counter. "Wait so are we not going to put my thing into the baking tray?" He asked sounding a tad bit hurt. You really didn't want to laugh and tried your best not to. "Erm... Maximillion?" He looked back at you as he heard his nickname. "That's the icing..." His shoulders dropped slightly and looked unamused. "Really? You made me stir icing?" You chuckled a little and returned to baking. "Well Maximillion, you weren't stirring the icing right. There were clumps of icing sugar and-" You let out a loud squeal as you felt a powdery kinda thing cascade down your head. You turned around and saw that Max poured a half bag of icing sugar onto your head. He laughed at your face but the smile soon faded as you used his full name and he realised this was probably a lot more serious that he initially thought. "Max. Emilan. Verstappen." He gulped. "You're dead."

"Ah, ah, ah. I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me." He joked reciting a vine which made you crack a smile. He walked closer and pulled you into his chest. You of course took this opportunity to slam a piece of butter into his face, catching him off guard. He stood still for a while before he looked back down at you blinking in disbelief. "Try me bitch." And that's where the cutsie Christmas Baking idea went out the window and there you were, in a good war. "You're gonna pay for that one schat!" Max called from the other side of the kitchen as you threw a handful of sugar over at him. "No Max! Not the coffee! Spare the damn coffee please! I beg-" too late. "Max!" He laughed but fell back after feeling something hard hit his face. "Oh shit." You muttered before sprinting over to Max. "Are you alri-" Face full of cake, leaving him in a fit of laughter. "Oh my god I'm dying." He managed to breathe out.

"Yeah, yeah- Wait Max! That was the cake we were baking for your mum!" You exclaimed. "Speaking of my mum, what time is it? She's supposed to be coming over in-" His eyes shot open as he looked at his watch. "Two minutes." You lept up and began frantically throwing your baking stuff into various boxes but alas, your efforts weren't enough as the doorbell rang and echoed around the house. You held your head in your hands as Max slowly walked to the door.

"Hello Max- oh. You're a mess. Where's Y/n?" You heard the voice of his mother ask. "Oh erm. She's.....in the kitchen." You returned to your cleaning and swept up whatever you could. Max's mum walked through the door and was gobsmacked by the scene before her. "What happened here?" She chuckled. "Well, the baking started off innocent and then Max threw icing sugar at me and started a food war." He pinched the bridge of his nose and let out a loud sigh. "So, is now a bad time or shall I just come back tomorrow?" She mused. You looked around and nodded. "Could you please come back tomorrow, even dinner this evening would be better." You told her. Max's mum smiled an dulled you in for a hug. "I'm so sorry. We didn't mean to make this much of a mess." You chuckled. "No, no, it's okay. I'll come over later for dinner with Jos, if that's fine with you both?" You looked over to Max and he answered for you both with a simple yes.

Max's POV
I walked my mum out and opened the door for her. "Alright, I'll see you later then mum." I said kisses her cheek. She smiled at me as if she knew something I didn't. "What?" I asked, confused. "I don't know what to tell you other than she is glowing in a special way that I've only ever seen when she is around you." I felt my face grow a slight bit red at her words. "I'm being serious Max. I don't think you understand what I'm saying. She's glowing." Okay now I was confused what was she on about. "Max, I see it in her eyes. She isn't just happy because of Christmas or the fun you two had with the food fight. She. Is. Glowing." Then it hit me. "You really think she-" Mum nodded. I ran my fingers through my hair. I didnt know what to say. What does one say in this situation? "I- do I ask her?"

"No! She might not even know herself! Look, just wait. That's all I'm saying but knowing you, you're very impatient." She smirked and closed the door behind her. Surely not. Maybe? I don't know anymore.

Back to whatever pov it was

You watched as Max walked back in looking a bit startled. "Are you alright Maxamillion?" You asked him with concern. He snapped out of whatever he was thinking about and nodded. "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." He sat down at the kitchen island and watched as you hummed along to the Christmas song playing. He rested his chin on his knuckle and looked at you lovingly, as if he was taking you in and he was indeed. He took mental note of everything his mum had said and he now understood what she was on about. "Okay, seriously. What's up?" You chuckled at his lovesick puppy state. "Nothing. I just- I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." Your heart melted. He was so sweet, so romantic. What was the catch? There's no way there wasn't a catch.

"Aw. He's gone soft." You sighed contently. "Princess?" You hummed in response. "Can we have a baby? I'd like a baby." You looked at him speechless. What was with the sudden commitment. "What?" He took a big breath in and began rambling on about how he would really love to have a little him running around the house, a little him excitedly waking up Christmas morning to open his presents, a little him karting. He just wanted a baby. You didn't want to tell him, you wanted to save it for Christmas day but you got him a card for Christmas with an ultrasound tucked inside, alongside a baby onesie but he waited long enough since you knew yourself since the start of November.

"Okay Verstappen. Way to ruin your surprise." You left to your room and rummaged through the wardrobe to pull out the box and returned to the kitchen with the gift. You placed it gently onto the counter just in front of him and smiled like a dope. He looked at you dumbfounded. "Well? Are you going to stare at it or am I going to have to hide it again?" Max slowly tore the wrapping paper and slowly opened the box too. He could have cried with the sight of the gift hidden within the bits of shredded paper. "Is this like a Bush tucker trial in I'm a Celebrity?" He joked. "I don't know. Go ahead and find out." He guessed what it would be. Baby stuff.

He had a rumage around and grabbed hold of....a pacifier and then a rattle and finally a baby onesie with "My dad is Super Max" on the back and a superman logo at the front. Max held his breath opening the card. The tears threatened to fall as he read the words letter by letter

Super Max,
Merry Christmas my love. Unfortunately for you, next Christmas you won't only be woken up by me for the presents, but also a mini Max too. Happy Christmas, love you lots like Jelly Tots,
Your baby Momma xxx

He wiped his eye to make sure there wasn't tears before setting his eyes on the dark photo in the envelope too and this is where he couldn't hold the tears back. He held his head in his hands and let the tears run down his face. You heard a few sniffles coming from him and you yourself were crying now. "I- I can't believe it. I'm gonna be a dad schat." You laughed and nodded in agreement. "Yup. You really are." He got up and walked to the other side of the counter. Once he reached you, he engulfed you in an enormous hug. "It's so tiny! It looks like a jelly bean!" The crying didn't stop, it only kept going. "Jesus Christ. The kid is gonna think his dad is a wuss for crying." Max joked. You took his face in your hands and kissed his lips lovingly. "You have a girlfriend who also thinks you're a wuss." You joked back.

He bent down so he was face to face with your belly and kissed it. "Happy Christmas my little jelly bean." You tangled your fingers in his hair and smiled. "Excuse me but I'm feeling very much isolated without my kisses." You chuckled. Max smiled and looked back at your barely noticeable bump. "Sorry jelly bean. Duty calls." He says, referring to you. He bounces back up to place another kiss onto your lips. "Well, this is an eventful Christmas isn't it?" He asked. You hummed.

"It is. Merry Christmas Max."
"Merry Christmas Schat."