🎄Jack Aitken - A Christmas Miracle Pt.2

"So if he cries, put on Thomas the Tank engine or boss baby. When he's sleepy give him his dummie and if you need anything, just call and get me." Your brother rambled on while you held Connor in your arms. "Okay. Are you sure you're alright? You look absolutely knackered." You commented on your brothers droopy appearance. "Well I feel alright. A little tired but otherwise I'm perfect." You gave a pitiful smile and bid him farewell. "So Connor, do you want to watch Boss Baby?" Connor was looking back at you, sucking his thumb. He nods his head slowly as you set him down on the sofa and put on his desired cartoon before you go to make him some food.

The front door opens and closes indicating that Jack was back from the gym. "Y/n? Where are you?" He called. "I'm in the kitchen!" Your eyes were set upon a very sweaty looking Jack walking in and grabbing a piece of fruit. "You alright?" He nodded taking a bite out of his fruit. "Doing just fine." He heard a giggle come from the living rim and looked at you quite seriously. "You're not cheating on me are you?" You laughed and shook your head. "No, not at all. It's Connor." Jack pouted. "Well you may as well be cheating! Now I won't get any cuddles!" You laughed at his child like behaviour and kissed his lips putting him at ease. "I'll make some time for you. Just relax yourself. Go and say hi." Jack walked out to the living room to leave you with your task of making Connor food.

It got awfully quiet but as you approached the living room, the sound of formula one cars became more and more coherent. You rolled your eyes and peeked in at Jack giving a two years old child a walk-through of the Silverstone track. "So you'd want to be careful here buddy. See what Max and Charles did? Well that was very stupid because if one of them had just pulled out of that thing, the person that pulled out would have ben ahead because of the slipstream." Jack explained as simply as he possibly could. "So Charles is stupid? Like in Baku?" You pushed the door open and coughed. "What do you think you are doing?" Jack pointed at the TV. "I'm teaching him about the Alverstone track." You furrowed your eyebrows and looked at him. "Why though?" Jack took a deep breath and tried remembering the past hour as best as he could. "Well we had Rory the Racingcar on and it was incorrect so I decided to point out the flaws and teach him about some tracks." He said bluntly. "Gotta teach them young. All the best start young."

"Is that why you aren't in formula one yet?" You teased. Jack glared at you and replied "I actually drove a formula one race so yeah." You chuckled at him and sat on an opposite couch just watching the two of them. Jack seemed to be very good with kids. Too good. It was a cuteness overload. Oh no. Baby fever was kicking in. Soon enough, Connor fell asleep and Jack followed in his footsteps too. You took this opportunity to snap a quick photo and then wake him up. "Hey sleepy head, we need to bring Connor to bed." He groaned and rubbed his eyes before seeing you and smiling softly. "Alright. I'll do it."

Jack got up and carried Connor up to bed and tucked him in, having a kind of dad moment. "Oh shit." He muttered. "I might have baby fever." He spuna round and looked at you seriously. "Y/n, we need to fix this. We need our own baby so I highly recommend we go and make one this very moment." Before you could even respond, you were up over his shoulders on the way to your room. "No! Jack Aitken, let me down!" He laughed as he set you down into bed. "I wouldn't dream of it because there's a child, a real life living child asleep next door." You chuckled. "Well I wouldn't expect him to be pretend Jack. I was there when he was born." Jack pressed a kiss onto your lips and attempted to maybe turn that into something else but you stopped him. "Maybe tomorrow yeah?" Jack pouted but understood. You were clearly tired or not in the mood. "Alright then, we'll go to sleep but I'll be keeping that offer in mind darling."

-----------------------------------------------------------

You felt your blanket getting tugged at and you figured it was Jack so you went back to sleep but the whispers from beside you started confusing you so you turned around but didn't quite open your eyes. You saw Jack with Connor on his chest just talking. "We need to be quiet buddy. You might wake up auntie Y/n." You listened on through the conversation, each sentence making your heart melt. "Is racing like bumping cars?" Connor asked. "Depends who you're racing against buddy. There's always someone that has to ruin the fun like a certain driver on the grid." You nearly snickered knowing exactly who he was talking about. "Is it that Nicki Mijan person?" Jack let out a chuckle and shook his head. "No, but you're close. He just, he's a piece of work honestly."

"Do you like Y/n?" Connor snickered. Jack looked at him confused. "Well, yes I do. I love her." Connor gasped and grinned at the answer. "I'm telling!" Jack had just pulled Connor back a bit so he didn't wake you up. "No, no. Tell her tomorrow. Besides, we can't wake her up this late now can we?" Connor shook his head. "So I think we should go to sleep." Jack nodded in agreement. "That's a good idea buddy. Let's go to sleep then."

-----------------------------------------------------------

You woke up to the sunlight hitting your eyes. The curtain were open and the windows were swung out wide, letting a cold breeze tumble into the room. The distant, muffled melody of Christmas music played from downstairs. You grabbed your jumper and threw it on over your pyjamas before grabbing some fluffy socks and putting them on too. You ventured outside your room and made your way downstairs where the smell of cinnamon and pastries hit you, making you smile. Pushing the door slightly open, you see Jack playing and dancing with Connor to the song of 'Rocking Around the Christmas Tree'.

Jack flipped a pancake which made Connor gasp in excitement. "That's so cool! How did you do that?" He asked. Jack chuckled and showed Connor just how to do it. After a few tutorials, Jack thought it would be a good idea to let Connor do it by himself. Of course he thought it was a good idea. "Okay so you just do it like I've been doing it, alright?" Connor nodded and tried flipping the pancake. He got it into the air but not quite back into the pan...he let it drop onto the glowing red ring on the hob, which eventually caught on fire. "Oh shit." Jack muttered over and over again. "How the fuck do I-"

"Jack! Throw a met towel over it! Christ sake!" Jack jumped at your sudden appearance and kind of froze. You threw a damp towel onto the small blaze and thankfully got it under control. "Oh my god." You sighed in relief. "What were you thinking letting a toddler flip a pancake? Why couldn't you help the child at least?" The arguing continued a little with Jack trying to defend his actions which didn't exactly work while Connor happily munched on his pancakes and sipped his juice. "He's a child! You need to help him with these things!" You told Jack. "And that's the tea!" A small voice squeaked. You and Jack turned your heads to where the voice came from. Connor.

"What?" You asked. "Well, Jack was saying it and he told me what it meant." You snickered at this tiny, drunk like human just saying "and that's the tea". Never expected that to come from a child's mouth. "Okay, okay. Look, we'll finish our breakfast and then you can go watch a Christmas film with some hot chocolate if you want?" Jack nodded his head which made Connor giggle. "Not you!" Jack pouted. "But it's the off season. Just a little cup?" He curled his arms around you and pulled you a little bit closer. "What little thing will I be getting in return?" Jack's mouth shot open, offended by your comment which made you laugh a bit. "I don't have anything smál in return but I can see what I can do." He replied as a menacing grin apered o you lips while pulling him in for a kiss. "Ew!" Connor shrieked, shielding his eyes from the sight. "That's disgusting!"

You chuckled, slightly embarrassed. "It's not disgusting. I love her kisses." Jack said. Connor stuck his tongue out and returned to his breakfast. "Did you see what he-" Jack began, only to be cut off by you. "Connor, hurry up so we can watch those Christmas films." You told him. "And the hot chocolate! Don't forget about the hot chocolate!" He said desperately. "I won't, I won't, but you need to hurry up." Connor nodded and shovelled the rest of his pancake into his mouth before practically dragging Jack out to the living room to turn on a Christmas film.

You walked in shortly after with some hot chocolate but much to your surprise, Connor was already asleep. It was only eleven in the morning. How was he already asleep? "He's asleep again?" You whispered. Jack nodded and smiled down at the child. "Must have been up at night or something." You sat down beside your boyfriend and handed him a cup of hot chocolate. "I know he was up. I heard you both talking." Jack gulped donw his hot chocolate and placed the empty cup onto the coffee table. "Did you now?" You hummed in response. "Indeed I did. Apparently you love me." Jack scoffed. "Apparently? It's obvious darling." H Jack curled his arm around your shoulders and pulled you closer to his body while you placed your hand on his chest. "Well I love you too then." Jack placed a soft kiss onto your hair. "I love you more then."

"You're ruining the film!" Connor squeaked. "Thought you were asleep buddy?" Connor chuckled at his joke he played on Jack. "No! I'm still awake! Now can we watch the film please?" and that's basically how the day went. You sat down with Jack and Connor just watching Christmas films all day with a cup of hot chocolate by your side. This was the perfect day, the perfect lazy day and it was perfect not because of how you did the lazy day, but because of who it was with.