🎶Jack Aitken - This Is The Life

Jack walked around the small town with his fellow drivers, trying to at least enjoy the night. There was an incident from the race last week and it just angered him a lot but he still went out thinking he could get his mind off it. He couldn't because the cause of the crash was there too. Whoopdie-doo. This was going to be one long night.

Y/n on the other hand was home for the week and thus was her last night before going back to study in College. She went out with her friends with the intention of getting absolutely hammered drunk but it turned the entire opposite way. With the renowned playboy of the little town at the club and feeling up her friends, she stayed sober in fear that they might do something they would regret which seemed to be the case most nights out.

She sat at the bar, fiddling her thumbs awaiting her drinks to be brought over when she heard a loud laugh from her friend Michelle. She turned around and saw that Michelle was leaving with somebody, somebody that she didn't recognise. She ran as fast as her heeled feet would let her and eventually caught up with them. "Hey! What the hell do you think you are doing?" She exclaimed. "I'm Barry, her boyfriend. You must be Y/n. She told me you were driving her home but I decided to come pick her up because let's be honest, we both know how bad of a drunk she is." Okay, he knew her. She really was a bad drunk and not a lot of people knew that so it was safe to say she did know him. "Wait, Barry Mc Loughlin? You're the New boyfriend she was on about!" He ndoded and shook hand with Y/n. "Yeah. Well, I'll see you later Y/n. Thanks for taking care of her oh and Peter is coming for Abbie so you just need to keep her outside." And away he drove with Michelle. The door swings open and out steps a person whom she didn't recognise so they either must have just moved or they must have been here for the grand prix weekend like most people in that bar.

"Sorry to bother you but you don't know where the hotel is do you?" He asked. He had a nice voice. "There's actually only two hotels. One that way and one that way." She pointed towards both hotels. "Like clock really." The stranger furrowed his eyebrows. "Oh yeah? How come?" She chuckled. He definitely wasn't from here, that was the proof. "Those two hotels move every two or so years. It's like clockwork. Last time I was here that hotel was two streets over." He nodded with the bit of knowledge he found. "You aren't from here are you?" She asked. Jack shook his head. "No, absolutely not. I've only been here twice or so before but I'm guessing you are from here?"

"Yes. I'm Y/n Y/l/n." She outstretched her hand for him to shake it and he did just that. "Since we're handing out name, I'm Jack, Jack Aitken." Lovely name too. "Well Jack, I'll bid you a goodnight. I'll be heading off now." She began to walk away but he jogged after her. "Could I maybe walk with you? I'm not that familiar with the surroundings. I've only been here since Wednesday." She thought about the potential risk but she just agreed. He seemed nice enough and she knew how to protect herself anyway. "Sure. Only if we get to talk. I'm not a big fan of silences." She said as they continued on walking. "Same over here. So I'll ask first, why aren't you drunk? Thought that was the whole point in going out?" She shook her head. "And why aren't you?" She retaliated. "Hey, I asked first but its because I'm not in the mood for drinking." Understandable. "I'm the designated friend for the evening so I haven't got completely drunk. A shot here and there but mainly water, juice or cola."

The questions continued up until they reached the hotel Jack was staying at and it was safe to say, they both learned a lot about the other. "So will you be at the race on Sunday?" Jack asked. He didn't want to admit it but he might have developed a crush over the last half hour. "No. I have to go back to college tomorrow." His eyes shot open. "What? Why? You said you didn't have school until next week." She was impressed by how much he remembered. "Yeah well my parents are going away for holidays tomorrow and I don't have anywhere else to stay so I just booked a train ticket back." Jack wasn't having nay of it. He really liked this girl from first glance and first impression so imagine how much he'd like her if he knew her even better! "What if I book you a hotel room?" Her eyes softened at his words. Most guys she knew would have invited her into their room but no. He was fully prepared to book a room for her just to go to a race she went to every year. "I- Maybe. I don't see all the hype and besides, standing around in the stands for three or more hours screaming and going deaf? No thanks." She chuckled lightly. "So what about the pits instead?"