🎄Mick Schumacher - Perfect

Mick scurried around his living room quickly making sure everything was perfect. Mick had been away for the good part of a month, away from his family, his friends and a very important girl called Y/n. Mick didn tknow what it was about her but she seemed to have a smile that when it was shown, all the stars were jealous. They started off as friends but Mick soon found himself falling and falling deeper and deeper in love by the second, to the point where it was only her occupying even the smallest cracks within his mind. The formula 2 season was finally over which meant he could get back to the important people in his life. Mick remembers what made him push himself to do whatever this thing he was doing. A phonecall with Y/n. She was talking about a boy she really liked and Mick found himself not even listening to what she was saying anymore, only consumed in his thoughts. 'I don't want her to be with anyone else. I want her.' and that's when he accepted it, that he loved her.

His Christmas tree shone brightly. The reflection of the lights sparkling onto the baubles. A scent of cinnamon lingered in the air, her favourite scent. He took a step back and took it all in. She was going to love this. The doorbell rang which made Mick flinch a bit. Was he really going to do this? Oh god. He had to now. He'd spent so much time and effort setting everything up! He walked quickly to the door and stopped. He battled whether or not to open the door but of course he had to. It would be rude not to and quite frankly, very much stupid. He let out a sigh and opened the door with a smile plastered onto his face and there she stood; the love of his life. She wore her usual clothes, casual but classy and had her hair down which was different. Minimal makeup once again, the usual and to top it all off, her gorgeous smile. "Mick! Ah, I missed you so much!" She said pulling him into a hug which Mick greatly accepted. "I missed you too." He smiled, breathing in her scent. He felt at home now. "Shall we go inside? It's awfully cold out here." Y/n chuckled. Mick nodded and let her in before closing the door behind him.

"So how was the flight back?" Y/n asked taking her coat off. "It was good. A bit of turbulence but I think I missed most of it by sleeping." He replied. "Robert woke me up when we landed. I would have been stranded if he didn't." Y/n laughed lightly at his joke. "So why am I here?" Y/n asked a bit curious. "You haven't even been home an hour and you've already invited me over." Mick smiled warmly at her. "Well I couldn't help it. I needed to see my amazing best friend." He said getting a bit closer. "I am pretty amazing to be fair." Mick chuckled at her witty response. "But seriously, I don't mind coming over tomorrow when you aren't that tired or when you have at least slept." She continued. "No, no. I insist. Besides, I have a surprise for you." Mick sang in a playful tone, tugging at her arms slightly. "You know I hate surprises."

"No you don't." Mick replied. "Well, when they're from you, they tend to be horrible." Mick placed a hand over his heart and whimpered, pretending to be hurt which earned a laugh from Y/n. "Okay, okay. I'll make an exception. What is this surprise?" Mick turned around and grabbed a tie and smiled, showing it to Y/n. She raised a brow, slightly unimpressed but also not knowing how to react to this random bit of clothing. "A tie? You know I don't wear ties." Mick spins her around and shakes his head. "No, no. It's supposed to be a blindfold. What's a surprise if you see it?" Y/n snorted at his sudden corny personality. "Well this took a turn. Kinky." She muttered. "Y/n!" Mick scolded. "Watch out for the bag." He said taking hold of her hand and guiding her into the living room. "Mick, I can't watch out for anything! I'm basically blind!"

Mick stopped and took a final look at everything just to make sure it was all perfect. "Okay, open your eyes now." Mick told her. "Okay, my eyes are open but I can't see anything." She replied cheekily. "Okay smart ass. Take off the blind fold." She smiled and obided by his demand. Her eyes fluttered open and was taken back by the beautiful sight before her. She turned around and got a good look at every single inch of the place. She smiled at Mick. "This is beautiful." She said slightly out of breath. "There's one more surprise." He took out his phone and opened the YouTube app before letting out a groan in frustration. "I literally had it ready to play." Mick muttered. He typed some letters in and pressed a video and returned his attention. "Y/n-" "We know how annoying ads can be-" "Then shut up and let me skip the bloody ads." Mick felt like the moment was kind of being ruined but Y/n found it adorable. She let out a soft giggle at him being all over the place. "Okay. Finally. Right. Where was I? Oh, yeah." He cleared his throat. "Y/n. May I have this dance?" He asked outstretching his arm. Y/n nodded and took hold of his hand, immediately being pulled into dance with him. The pair swayed gently with the soft melody playing.

"What's with the sudden romantic side of Mr Schumacher?" Y/n mused. Mick's face grew a pinky colour. He had to tell her. It was now or never. "Well, if you must know, I think I'm in love with you." Both of their eyes opened widely. "That came out a bit too....straight forward." Mick remarked, trying to correct himself. "Mick, it's fine really-" She was cut off by Mick throwing his hands in the air. "Dammit! I really wanted tonight to be perfect. I wanted this to be perfect, I knew you'd come here and be perfect, I was counting on it and now I've gone and messed it up. I missed this whole thing up, this things I've been planning for a while now. All that time, effort, gone and wasted all because-" He sat on the sofa and held his head in his hands. "because I can't tell you how I really feel about you the way I think it should be said." Y/n just watched him. She was truly speechless. She couldn't form words, only facial expressions. "It's like...you know when you try and take a photo of the moon with your phone and it doesn't quite capture what you want? That's how my words are with you. I can't describe how much you mean to me, how perfect you are." He paused. "How much I love you."

Y/n stayed in her speechless state. What does one say in this situation? 'I love you too'? No. That's far too simple but it seemed to be the only words coming to mind at the moment. "Mick." She starts. Y/n walks slowly over to the sofa and sets herself down beside Mick, rubbing his arm to confort him. "You don't need to pity me. I just thought you might just like me back. That's all." He sounded broken. Her heart ached at his tone of voice and his once bouncy blue eyes had turned a grey-blue tone. "Mick, I don't know what to say. I-" He sighed out shakily. "Yeha I know. You like that guy you were talking about on the phone the other day." He said in defeat. Y/n cupped Micks face in her hands and brought him up to look at her. "Mick Schumacher! Listen! It's you! It's been you for as long as I can remember! I was talking about you." The passion dripped from her voice. She loved him back.

"You do? You aren't joking with me are you?" Mick asked. Y/n shook her head and let a soft smile appear on her lips. "I'd never joke about something like this Mick. I genuinely love you." He couldn't quite believe his luck. It was all finally coming together. "You mean it? No turning back after you say you mean it!" Without even skipping a beat, she leaned forward and let their lips meet for the first time in a soft tender kiss. It was everything they could have hoped for and more. It was pure perfection. It was perfect. They pulled away both a little speechless. "What does this mean then? I don't even know." Mick began laughing to himself. "I mean, it doesn't mean anything unless you ask."

"But it sounds really cringy when you ask someone to-" He didn't want to ask because it might backfire and she might not actually like him. She might just think it's a piss take. "No it doesn't! It's so cute!" She onsisisted but Mick just wouldn't. He let his pride get in the way. "Oh my goodness fine. Mick Schumacher." She began sitting forward in front of Mick, taking his hand and intertwining their fingers, completely and utterly in love. "Will you do the me greatest pleasure of being my boyfriend?" He smiled lightly and then just started taking the piss. "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. I have to tell Callum." He said in a really bad squeaky voice. Y/n almost fell back laughing from his actions but she didn't quite care. For once, she felt like she was whole. Like nothing else mattered. Nothing else did matter because now sh ehad Mick and Mick had her and now this ladies and gentlemen is where the happily ever after only begins....