👶Marcus Armstrong - Unexpected

My eyes dart side to side looking at my computer screen. Surely I wasn't pregnant but Google said I was. "Maybe it's just wrong. It said I was going to die when I looked up a bloody nose so." I read on and it recommended a checkup with a doctor or a pregnancy test. So I did both. I went out to the pharmacy and bought a pregnancy test and then contacted my doctor to book an appointment. I went back to the apartment and tested it and of course, it came up positive, however I had bought six or seven different tests just to be sure and they came out pregnant too. How the hell do I tell Marcus? He was away racing and I was here pregnant.

Three days had passed since I took the test and my appointment was in a matter of hours. There was a loud ring from my doorbell so I get up to check who it was. "Hello? Who is it?" I ask. "It's me." Marcus. "I'll let you up now." I press the button for him to get in and sprint to my bathroom to hide the tests. I throw them into my drawer and wlkback to my desk to play it off. The front door squeaks open and the sound of his bag presumably falling echoed around the apartment. "Where are you?" he shouted. "Bedroom!" His footsteps grew louder and louder as he came closer to the door. I begin reading over the note I had been taking from school. The door to my room opened with Marcus' arms wrapping around my shoulders shortly after. "God its great to see you." he sighed placing a kiss onto my temple. "It's good to ser you too but why are you back so early? I thought you were needed at ART."

"They let me go home early." he said lying on the bed. "And you couldn't have called me?" I asked him. I did sound a bit defensive but I didn't mean to be. I was just scared of how he'd react if I was having a bloody baby. "I didn't want to ruin my surprise now did I?" he laughed looking back to me. "Neither did I." Did I just- I did. Fuck. How the hell do I play this off now? "Ooh. A surprise? What surprise?" he wiggled his eyebrows, propping himself up on his elbows. "I was kidding. I would have gotten you a surprise if I'd known you were coming home this early but you didn't tell me so." I scribbled down another line on my page before shoving it in a folder. "Could you help me with something? I have a project on psychology behind well-being to do and it needs to be done for tomorrow."I say. "I don't know anything about psychology." He protests. "You're just typing." He gets up and sits next to me, grabbing the keyboard. He has a look at the ads on my computer and his eyes furrow in confusion. Why are there baby ads everywhere? He knew how computers worked and how the algorithm worked too so he had an idea in his head. "Are you pregnant?"

My breath quickens as the question tumbles from his lips. "What?" He grabs the mouse. "No reason its just, look at the ads." I look and there were baby ads. Stupid Google. "And why would that apply to me?" He looks at me. "If you were gregnant. Now please tell me if you are." I get up and head towards my drawer. I pull out six or seven tests and return back to him, setting them down on my desk. He picks them up one by one with his smile getting wider and dopier with every one that reads 'positive' which is all of them. "I'm gonna be a dad!" Marcus had began jumping on the bed from excitement and screams erupted from his mouth. Wow he had a set of Lungs on him. "Do you know if its a boy or girl?" he asked. I shake my head. "I didn't go to the doctors yet."

"When do you have do you have to go?" He had calmed down a bit but he was still very excited. "Tomorrow at 2." He went back to jumping around. "We're going to see our baby! We're gonna see our baby! We're having a babyyyyyy!" He ran out of the room more than likely going to call his family or something and I was right. I walk out to the kitchen and there he was on the phone. "Mum! Y/n and I are having a baby! We're having a baby!" I smile at him as he rambles on to his mum with pauses in between sometimes which is to presumably listen to whatever his mum was saying. I igggle at him as he explains it an dhas to take a breather at times because of how fast he was talking but could you blame him? He was having a baby for gods sake.

He beckons me over with his hand and gives me the phone. "Hello?" I ask in a sweet tone. "Congratulations!" his mum squeals. I giggle before thanking her. "Aw thank you so much. I'm really nervous." Marcus stared on lovingly as I spoke to his mother. It was though he had just realised that yes, this girl was the one and he would never say or think otherwise. He would spend every breath of his being protecting, caring and loving this woman and the little being inside of her for the rest of his days. "Okay. Thank you Mrs Armstrong." I say as she hangs up. Just as I put the phone down, Marcus meets his lips with mine. I melt into the kiss with my lips curling into a smile. "Guess what?" he whispered. "We're having a baby!" I chuckle at him. "Do you have anyone else you want to tell or can we go to bed and sleep?" He thiught about it but came to the conclusion that yes, they should go to bed.

It was the middle of the night. I was sleeping when I had heard some faint whispers beside me. Marcus? I didn't open my eyes to try and at least get back to sleep but I couldn't with his whispers so instead, I just listened in. His hand was laying on my belly and it was like he was talking to it. No wait, he was. "And I'm gonna be there for you and your mumma because from now on, everything I'd gonna be revolved around you and I don't have a problem with that quite frankly." I could just about hold in my tears. He noticed this and a wild grin appeared onto his face. "And I'm going to talk to you every night so your mum doesn't think I'm a wuss or bug me about it and I must confess, I know she's awake."

I couldn't hold my laughter any longer. "I knew it." he mumbled. "I'm sorry but that was adorable." I cry out. "First impressions darling." My laughter becomes louder and more hysterical. "If first impressions mattered I wouldn't have gone out on a second date with you." I choke out. He grows red remembering the first date. You both went to a coffee shop on a blind date that one of your friends set up. He came in sweaty, out of breath and just looked all around out of place but I didn't mind at all. He cracked a few jokes and showed a genuine interest in me. Not many guys have done that before and I didn't even know he was a driver until we began dating which showed how much he didn't talk about himself, he just kept on asking questions about me. I gave him a second chance because he may not have looked or smelled the best but he did seem really nice.

"I'm glad you let me go on a second date with you." He said curling his arms around my waist. "We wouldn't be in this position if you hadn't." I smile into his chest and snake my arms up around his neck. "Yup. Baby Armstrong. Coming soon." He gasped loudly. "That's such a good idea." I look in confusion. "We'll tell the world by getting a picture of the baby x-ray thing-" "Ultrasound" "Yeah and like, make it look like a movie poster or something!" My hysterical laughter returns just by the thought of it. "Yeah fuck it. Why not?" He shot his arms up in celebration. "Shall it be a tradition for every baby?" he asked excitedly. "Woah, woah, woah. Hold on Armstrong. We haven't even had baby number one yet. Calm down."

"I'm photoshopping a superman suit onto him just so you know." he turned around snuggling into the blankets. "Hold on! Him? It could be a her." He turned back around shaking his head. "I know these things. There's a boy in there." I roll my eyes and lie back down. "Alright. If you say so."

Before we could even make it out of the clinic, he had the bloody ultrasound posted. My phone binged seeing a notification from Marcus. I rolled my eyes as I opened my phone. "Marcus! How did you get that done so quickly?" I ask shooting him a glare. "Just threw on a superman onesie thing. It's not that hard." He slings his arm around my shoulders and places a kiss onto my temple. "I told you I y was a boy." he muttered. "She said they couldn't be sure but it is looking like it's forming into a male. Relax yourself." He chuckles opening the car door and helping me in. "I don't need that much assistance but thank you." I say as he gets into the car. "Just doing the best for my baby momma." He says in an American accent. "Wow. I didnt know Ricky Bobby was my future husband." He chuckles. "You bets believe I'm Ricky Bobby. Oh that's another good idea!" I close my eyes. "Let's call him Texas Ranger!" I slap the side of his arm. "Drive for goodness sake!" He chuckles and drives along. It got silent until we got out. "So is that a yes?" "As a nickname, yes. As an actual name, no." He groaned. "Oh please?" He pouted. This was going to be a long pregnancy.