✨Max Verstappen - The Greatest Lie Of All

Thank you Bluelittledream for the request, hope you like it. P. S this made me cry. Another oneshot made me cry too but this one did as well. It was like 3am when I wrote this and my god it was an ugly sight.

I'd also like like add this is completely fictionalised! I do not view any of these people in a bad manner this is just a fictional piece! But anyway, enjoy x

Where do I begin with describing the Verstappen family? I've known them all my life. My mother and the Verstappen mother Sophie have been friends since high school so naturally, I spent a lot of time with them too. I became best friends with Victoria immediately, we just clicked. We liked the same things, did the same things, we were basically the same person in two different bodies. But Victoria wasn't the only Verstappen that I talked to. I knew Max, her brother too but when we were younger, he was a bit of a dickhead but I had a crush on him. He broke toys I'd bring over to the house and laugh instead dof apologising. That all changed when we were around twelve. We were with some of his friendsand Victoria at their house and they insisted on playing truth or dare. Victoria and I didn't want to, we wanted to go paint our nails but they locked the clubhouse door and wouldn't let us out so we just went with it.

We were about twenty minutes into the game when Max picked another dare. "Okay Max. Mmh. Oh I know exactly what to do." Max's friend said wiggling his eyebrows. Max looked at him confused until his friend shot his eyes towards me and he jumped up. "No! We don't need to play! You can go!" If we were offered this a few minutes ago, we would have left but now it got interesting and we wanted to keep playing. "Oh come on Max! It's just a stupid dare." Max gulps and sits back down. "Max. I dare you to kiss Y/n. On the lips. For ten seconds." Max and I look to each other with a horrified look as everyone else watches on smiling. "Still just a dare?!" He asked. "Are you still a chicken?" I say in a challenging tone. He shakes his head unsure. "Papa didn't raise a chicken!" He grabbed my face and kissed me. Everyone was 'ewing' and saying stop but he didn't back down until ten seconds was finished.

"Well that was...something." His friend said interrupting the awkward silence. "And seven seconds over the time too. You must have liked it." Everyone laughed but he kept a serious face. "Yeah? Well maybe I did like it! Maybe I like her! What are you gonna do about it?" The laughter soon stopped and they realised he was being serious. He did like you and you liked him back. "Softie!" His friends began chanting. He grabbed my hand and led me out of the clubhouse out onto the back of it. "So, why are we here?" I ask. I knew why truth be told, but I wanted it to be like the coming of age romance movies Victoria and I recently got into. "I don't want to hide it anymore. I'm sorry I broke all your toys and I'm sorry if I hurt you in anyway. I only did it to find an excuse to get close to you so I'm not gonna be surprised if you decline this." He paused and took my hand again. "Will you be my girlfriend?" Now I must have been a pretty optimistic twelve year old because if that had happened to me when I was a little bit older, he would have been returning to that clubhouse with a slap, but I accepted his offer and we walked back hand on hand to the others.

Time Skip

"I-I can't believe I grew up watching drivers win a grand prix and I myself have finally achieved it too." He says admiring his first ever winning trophy. "You deserve it. Every ounce of success you get, you deserve." He turns around and walks over to me. "Do you know how much I love you?" He asked. "I have a fair idea but I don't mind you telling me again because it feels better with everytime you say it." He kisses my lips passionately and pulls away. "How long do we have until the team dinner?" I check my watch. "Eleven minutes." He nods. "We have time." He pushes me onto the bed. "Wait. Are we gonna? You know." His face becomes shocked. "Oh my god! I didn't even ask. Do you want to?" I think about it before I nod. "Wait, do we have protection?" He shakes his head no. "I'll just pull out and even if I don't, what are the chances you'll get pregnant. Pretty slim honestly." And with that, off we went and had our first time. It was a good night honestly. A little rushed but it was a feeling I'd never felt before. It felt really good, a little sore but I got over it pretty quick.