💐Callum Ilott - Wedding Vowes

Thank you landoooonorris for the request. Hope you enjoy it xxx

I stood with my arm hooked around my dad's at the entrance of the church. This was it. My wedding day. The music began and away we walked down the aisle just behind the flower girls and bridesmaids. My smile grew wider looking up to Callum at the altar. He was staring down at me smiling. I could just about see what he was saying by reading his lips. 'Oh damn. That's my wife.' That's what I got and honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if that is what he said. My dad looked over to me to see what I was smiling at and held my hand tighter. He was scared of letting me go and I knew that for a fact. I was his only daughter and his youngest too. No matter how good someone was for me, he just didn't quite think they would love me as much as I deserved but Callum loved me beyond anything I deserved.

We reach the altar and he let's me go letting a few tears slip in the process. Callum grabs my hands and gives them a light squeeze. "You look gorgeous." He whispered. "You don't look too bad yourself." He chuckled. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate the love between Callum Illot and Y/n Y/l/n -" and that's when I forgot basically everything else he said. I was so focused on Callum there was just something about him today that I couldn't take my mind off. Was it how he dressed? How his eyes shimmered more than they usually did? I didn't know. I was so caught up in a trance that I missed my lines. "Sweetheart?" He whispered. I snapped my attention back into the room. I look around as everyone is basically on the edge of their seats awaiting my answer to whatever question was asked. "Do you?" the pastor asked. "Do I what? I'm so sorry. I was somewhere else." A relieved chuckle comes from the crowd. "Do you Y/n Y/l/n take Callum Illot to love and to hold as your husband as long as you both shall live?" "Oooooh! That. Well of course. I do."

"And now may the rings be brought forward?" My nephew walked forward with the two rings resting on some sort of a cushion. He looked adorable in the little suit. "Thank you Jackie." Callum says as he bends down to retrieve his ring. "Thank you bubba." I say as I take my ring. "Repeat after me, I Callum Illot-"
"I, Callum Illot-"
"Do take thee Y/n Y/l/n-"
"To love and to hold-"
"Through sickness and in health-"
"Prosperity and poverty-"
"As my lawfully wedded wife-"
"As long as there is breath in my being
"As long as there is breath in my being."

Callum slipped the beautiful ring upon my finger. It wasn't a diamond and I never really wanted a diamond wedding ring to begin with so I was happy that I just had a ring from him as a token to show the world that yes, I was his. The pastor turned to me to begin with my vowes.

"And now Y/n, repeat after me. I, Y/n Y/l/n-"
"I, Y/n Y/l/n-"
"Do take thee Callum Illot-"
"To love and to hold-"
"Through sickness and in health-"
"Prosperity and poverty-"
"As my lawfully wedded husband-"
"As long as there is breath in my being
"As long as there is breath in my being."

With the rings on, vowes said, there was only one thing left to do. "I know pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride." Callum lifted my veil up over my head to reveal my face. He smiled lightly before he leaned in and we shared our first kiss as a newly we'd couple. "You're my wife." He whispered when we pulled away. "And you're my husband." We made our way down the aisle and into our car that would bring us to the wedding venue. Of course, Callum insisted on driving there and to not have a chauffeur.

As we drove to our destination, I couldn't help but admire my ring. It was so beautiful, so perfect. I never knew a little thing could mean this much to me. I look up to my newly wed husband and smile softly. He catches me doing this and smirks. "What? Is there something on my face?" he asked. "No. I just can't believe that back when I came home from our first date I said I was going to marry you and here I am married to you." He let out a long content sigh and smiled. "It's crazy to think about when you put it that way because I think I said near enough the same thing when I got home from the first date too." My smile only grows wider and wider. "Well, here's to many more years Mr Illot." He places a kiss onto my cheek. "Of course Mrs Illot and I love you." "I love you too."