🏎️Callum Ilott - Surpises

I close my eyes. The sound of the trickling water being the only thing on my mind. Tranquility. Not a single disturbing or upsetting sound to- "Darling! I'm home!" And the chaos begins. "In the bathtub!" I hear a series of loud bangs as he runs up the stairs followed by the bathroom door hitting off the wall making me jump. "Jesus Callum! What the everloving fuck so you think you are doing?" I yelp. "Good to see you too." he jokes. I roll my eyes and lie back down into the water. "What's got you in this much if a good mood anyway? Apart from the podium of course?" His grin grows wider in size as he looks down. "I have a surprise for you actually." My grin matches the size of his only to shrink again. "Oh no. I don't like surprises." I mutter. He chuckles. "No. I promise you'll like this one. I have a few gifts to share the news too." I sit up in the bath as he hands me a grey box. "I'm gonna get the box wet. I'll wait until we get out of the bath thank you." Honestly, I was just looking for an excuse to not open the box. I hate surprises. "Well come on then." He Gets up and walks out to the bedroom with me following behind in my bathrobe.

"Right. Sit down and open the box." I do as he asks and begin to open the box. There is white almost clear paper wrapped around something with the letter "H" printed onto it. A little note is taped on which Callum urges me to read.

Dear Callum, we think you might need this for the next race weekend and hopefully in your racing future too. Kind regards,
The Haas Team.

My eyes shoot open as I read who it was from. "No.fucking.way." I say under my breath. "Yes.fucking.way." he replies chuckling. "You got a load of Haas gear! You're going to be driving for Haas next race week!" He shoots a confused look at me and looks down at the box. "Oh shit. Wrong box." I bust out into a fit of laughter. "This one is for you sorry." I am handed a box almost identical with the only difference being a red ribbon tied around it. "Ten on the presentation." I joke opening it. Another note.

Dear Y/n,
Sorry you couldn't make it to Sochi but hopefully we see you around the Haas garage next race week with the passes we have provided for you! We also think you'll need to fit in so we sent you a little something else.
Much love,
The Haas Team

I carefully tear the wrapping and gaze upon the beautiful jacket in front of me. "Oh wow. This is gorgeous." Callum smiles as I look through the box pulling out the jacket, cap and pass too. "This is so cool." I squeal. "Look! The cap has your name on it." I point it out to him which makes him smile even more. "So I am guessing that you do like the surprise." I nod my head to say yes to his answer. "I'm so proud of you." I say pulling him into a kiss. "And I'm happy to be with you for each step of the way."

A/N: I'm aware that this is awfully short but I have a Mick chapter I'm posting today as well in celebration of the two driving the cars in FP1 in Nurburgring. This has been the best news I've heard all week.