✨Lance Stroll - Meeting The Family

Lance's leg bounced up and down. He had never been this nervous in all his life. He was on his way to meet your family for the first time. You two had been dating almost a year now but before that, you were friends. Lance never met your family because you were sent to Canada to learn French because all the Paris and actual places in France were taken up so you had to go to Canada instead. He didn't meet your family but you had met his a handful of his races and during your time at Canada. Your dad loved Formula one but didn't take a liking to Lance or any of the other young drivers. He liked anyone over the age of 25 basically but he had a huge dislike for Lance and the fact that he now had to sit by and see his least favourite driver date his daughter just annoyed him.

Your mother however had met Lance a fair few times and she thought he was good for you so she didn't really complain all that much. At the moment, you were on the way to his race and he had given your family paddock passes and pases to the hospitality lounge. He grew more nervous with every metre you grew closer to the track. You rested your hand atop of his and offer a few reassuring words. "You'll be fine. I won't let them do anything." He let's out a sigh. "Thank you for that. Didn't help one bit." You let out a chuckle. "So do I hold your hand when we get there or- babe I don't know what to do!" He rambled. "Lance! Relax. Just do whatever feels natural." He rubs the back of his neck. You knew what he meant by what he said before. You and Lance were under the radar. We weren't official to any of his fans only his friends and family and thankfully no news broke out like it usually would. You didn't hold hands in the paddock and we would only ever meet up at the track when there were no cameras to be seen which meant his driver room or the Racing Point hospitality. You didn't show much affection out in the open and this was probably messing with his head, especially now that he was meeting your family.

You took your seperate way into the paddock and meet up with your family just outside the stand you told them to be at. "Mum! Dad! So nice to see you again!" You said giving a hug to your mother and a kiss on the cheek to your father. "So where is he?" Your dad asked unimpressed. "He's gone to the garage. We'll meet him at hospitality so do ypu want to head over there now?" You asked. Your family agreed and away you went to the Racing Point hospitality. Your mother was so impressed at the place she stood. It was so well-organised and clean. She could live here. Your father on the other hand still wasn't impressed. "It's awfully pink." he mumbled. "I mean the team's main colour is pink dad."

The door opened making you turn your head around to see Lance looking around but soon finding you. "That's him now." You stood up and walk over to meet him. "Hey babe." he whispered before pecking your lips making your dad let out an annoyed huff. "Lance, this is my mum but you've met her before and this is my dad." Lance held his hand out to shake your dad's hand and he took it but based on Lance's reaction, his hand must have been squeezed to shit. "So why didn't you come in here with my daughter?" Oh. Straight to the questions. Bit of a weird question honestly. "Well we aren't official as a couple to the world. Mainly just our close friends and famil-" "Oh so my daughter isn't good enough to be seen with you?" You stood up. "Dad! You know that's not what he meant!" You said in defense to Lance. "I just want to keep your daughter safe and we already discussed that we didn't want too much attention on the relationship. It's for us nto anybody else. I'm sorry if I made you feel this way sir, but I really love your daughter and I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to her."

"I- I understand and I'm sorry too. I just don't want her get hurt or leave us for good." Your dad says. "Well you can come over whenever you would like. We live in a quiet place in London, just outside the city." You turn your head to Lance. You didn't live together. "Wait what?" He smirks. "I bought us a house." You clasp your hands over your mouth. "Really?" He nods his head. You leap onto him hugging and kissing him as your dad watched on. He wasn't too angry about you and Lance anymore. He saw how much you meant to each other and he sort of accepted the fact that his son in law would more than likely, almost definitely be Lance Stroll.