🏎️Lance Stroll - I'll Always Be There For You

Thank you lemurqueen for the request. Hope you enjoy it x

I hold my head in my hands in the Racing Point garage as Lance's car tumbled to a halt in Q1. I let out a sigh of relief as he appeared to be moving knowing he was at least alive but now my focus was on comforting him. He got a lift back with the stewards and I could tell just by how he walked that he was already sick of it and not in the mood to talk to anybody, I just wondered whether or not that included me. His driver room door slams shit just as I get up. Should I? Yes, I should. I'm his girlfriend. That's what I have to do. That's my job here. I open the door slowly and see Lance with a bloodied up knuckle. "Lance? What happened?" I ask running towards him to analyse his injury. "I fucked up qualifying and now I'm last on the grid again! That's what happened!"

"Listen, it's okay. You just clipped the curbs and it ejected you into the air. That's not exactly your fault, you can't see the curbs in your car." I say applying pressure to his wound with my jumper sleeve to try stop the bleeding. "How did you manage to hurt yourself this bad?" I ask him. He turns his head away to not look at me. "Did you punch the fucking wall?!" I said as I caught a glimpse of blood dripping from the dented wall. "Of course not! Do you think I'm stupid?" he asked defensively. "Just tell me what you did to make your hand this bad!" He winced in pain as I put my jumper sleeve onto the knuckle once again but this time with water from my drink. "Jesus Y/n! That hurts!" I felt bad but it had to be done. "Of you would just say still it would hurt a lot less Lance! Now relax, I have to clean this up before your dad comes looking for you." Lance watched carefully as I tended to him. He watched my focused face and managed to smile a couple of times too which caught my attention. "How do you do it?" he asked.

"I just applied pressure to stop the bleeding it's basic first aid." I chuckled. "No, no, I know that but how do you put up with me? I can barely put up with myself sometimes and here you are taking care of me even when I shouted at you." He paused. "I'm sorry about that by the way." A smile tugs at my lips. "Well I'm your girlfriend, I have to worry about you and even if I didn't have to I still would. No matter what, I'll always be there for you." A smile plasters itself onto his lips. "You know hwo much I love you?" he asked. "Oh here we go. Here comes the poetic romantic Lance." I chuckle. "You're ruining the moment." He laughs. "Okay sorry. Go ahead." I say urging him on. "If your love for me was a grain of sand, then my love for you would be all the worlds beaches."

Gobsmacked. That's the only word I could think of. "Wow. You really know how to make a girl melt dont you?" He nodded. "I do but there's only ever one girl that makes me melt and that's you." He leans in and presses a kiss onto my lips. Magical. It was totally magical but a knock interrupted us. "Lance! Are you alright?" It was his dad. "Yeah dad. I'm fine. I'll change and then come out okay?" Lance called back. "Yeah okay." I look back to Lance. "Well I suppose that means I should go then." He shakes his head. "No, no. You can stay." I look back to him as he has a smirk resting lazily on his face. "Oh no, no, no. Not in the driver room. Later when you aren't sweaty but never, ever in the driver room!" I said walking out flustered and hot leaving him in the room laughing to himself. The audacity. Then again....I wouldn't mind...