✨Jack Aitken - Who Said "I Love You" First?

Okay just before we begin, I wanted to give an update on the book. Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to post during the week and my Internet is choppy so from now onwards, I will post Friday, Saturday and Sunday when I have time and when I have better Internet. Thank you all for the reads, votes, follows and support. It means a lot considering this book is only a month and a half.

Jack was in his kitchen pacing. 3 am. He had to be up early the next morning why was he up this early? He was gonna do it tomorrow. That's what he'd been saying over and over again for the past few weeks now. He had fallen in love, he had fallen for the social media manager for his racing team, however the tomorrow never came. He would always be so close but then the words never came out or when he did say the words, they came out as a friendly thing, not a romantic way. "Okay. What the hell do I say? What the hell do I say? Hey Y/n. We've been friends for a while and I don't exactly want to be friends anymore- no. That's leading on that I don't want to know her. Hey Y/n. I- I like your hair today? Ugh. That'll have to do I guess. It's a good opener." He sighed in defeat. That's the closest he'd ever gotten, complimenting her but never doing anything else. Never following it up with something else.

The tomorrow finally did come though. He sat in the tent waiting for you to come in to film the car and the behind the scenes for the Instagram. Usually, you would come in after doing the F3 things to catch up before doing the Formula 2 stuff because after that, you didn't have much time to talk because you were busy editing or answering questions on the Instagram. Jack's heart skipped a beat when you walked in. It was raining outside so your hair was obviously messy but not wearing makeup played to your advantage usually. Jack loved that about you. You smiled and greeted everyone as you walked into the tent, zipping it up as you did so. "Hello team. Good morning." you chirped. "Good morning Y/n." the mechanics said back, not quite matching your enthusiasm. "How long have you been up?" Jack asked. "I've been up since five, I've been filming the f3 drivers as well as you and I had to do a segment with Sophia in f3 too." You posted the video you were meant to and returned your focus back to Jack.

"How can you be so uppidy in the morning. Its the morning."You let out a sigh. "I'm busy but caffeine is the only reason I'm still awake or alive for that matter." He laughed and sighed. "That's why we love you." You smiled and felt a blush creep onto your cheeks. You liked when he said nice things about you. You knew they probably didn't mean anything but they were probably the highlight of your day. Your attention was taken away from Jack when one of the engineers butted into the conversation while he had to give data to Jack to look at before the Sprint race. "No. You're just looking for a reason to tell her you love her in the most subtle way possible." Jack turned his head quickly in shock. Betrayal, that was it.

Deep down, you sorta felt that way too. It was a friendship because you never really went any further than that but friends don't look at friends the way you two looked at each other, you were just a little nervous as to bring it up in a conversation. "Well I wouldn't mind if he loved me honestly. I get to spend more time with him here and the relationship would be great." You say. You weren't sure if he was being serious or not so you tried to say it as if you weren't interested that much and that the idea wouldn't intrigue you. He turned his head to you smiling. She felt the same way. This was his chance. "Really? I feel that way too. I do love you." Your mouth hung open and the mechanics began laughing. Holy mother of god. He actually...liked you. He loved you. He said he fucking loved you. "She wasn't being serious mate!" one of the mechanics laughed as you stood speechless. "You sounded so desperate!" the other one wheezed.

Jack stormed out of the tent. He had it. Of course such a girl like you wouldn't like him back. He kept walking forward as the rain pounded against his skin, not really knowing where he would end up, but you followed him. "Jack! Come back!" you call after him. He sped up when he heard your voice call after him. "No, it's okay. I know you don't feel the same I just, I was just stupid for thinking I could be with a girl like you." He said back. That took you by complete surprise. "A girl like me? What do you mean by that." He turns around so fast you bump into his chest but quickly back away to look at his eyes. You looked into his eyes to see a pained expression within them as if he was just defeated. "That's the thing. There's no other girl like you and that's what I want. Nothing else makes me feel how you make me feel. It's like, you are the highlight of my day, even on raceday. That's how special you are and I've just blown it haven't I?" you look at him. How the hell did he somehow make you fall even deeper for him? He was the one for you. You pull him forward and place a kiss on his cheek. Jack's cheeks become stained with a pinkish colour. Was it pity or not? When you pull away he is gobsmacked. "Was that a pity kiss?" he asked. You shook your head. A smile crept onto his face as he realised that you did in fact love him back. "What is it called when the person you like likes you back." he asked in a haze. "It's called a relationship and it's pronounced love not like." You both become smiling idiots. "Can I kiss you?" he asks. You nod and without skipping a beat he had cupped your cheeks an dplanted a kiss onto your lips. The rain drizzled down your faces but you didn't care. This kiss was what you had both wanted for such a long time and nothing was going to ruin this moment, if anything it made this moment more romantic. This is the feeling he so long awaited and to be quite honest, he didn't know why he waited this long to get it.

You slowly pull away and gaze into one another's eyes. "That was worth the wait." he whispered. You smiled and nodded in agreement. "Same on my side." He couldn't quite grasp the fact that after all this time, you were his. He picked you up and spun you around before placing you back down. "Can I kiss you again?" He wanted to feeling again. You let out a chuckle. "Maybe when we're inside? I don't want to catch a cold." You had never seen him rush inside the tent quicker in his entire life. After all this time, tomorrow finally came and you would spend every tomorrow with each other from now on.