✨Jack Aitken - When You Come Home

I lay on my side curled up in my boyfriend Jack's hoodie watching netflix on my laptop. It was about 2 am now and I was waiting for him to come home from a race weekend. I hear the keys rattle at the door followed by an opening sound and a thud. Downstairs, Jack just dropped his case. He could collapse with his exhaustion but his girlfriend was upstairs awaiting kisses and cuddles probably, maybe food too knowing her. He walked up the stairs slowly growing more and more tired with every step until he finally reached his own room and plopped straight onto his bed, not bothering to change his clothes. I let out a squeel as I feel the weight of Jack on top of me. "Jack, I don't want to be that person but can we leave the whole 'you jumping on me' for another night? I wanna watch this new thing on-" He cut me of my sentence by nuzzling into me closer. "I couldn't agree more. Just hugs please." I smile and place my arm around him, cradling him.

"You had a good race." I comment on his most recent podium finish. I feel the smirk growing on his lips. "Yes, I did. They're shipping the trophy over within the next few days." He listened carefully to my heartbeat, focusing on the sounds as a way of therapeuticly calming himself knowing I was near. "I missed you." he mumbled. I kiss the top of his head and begin fumbling with his hair. "Well I missed you too. A lot actually." He looked up to meet our eyes. "Really? How come?" I sigh. "Did you really just ask why I missed you, Aitken?" he chuckles lightly. "I just missed waking up to you beside me and when I went to sleep but I missed you most when I came home from work. The Friday was absolute bollocks Jack." He laughed at my sudden ranting mood.

"Did that guy ever give you credit for the presentation?" He asked. "No! He's a cheeky bastard." Jack sighed contently and looked back up to his girlfriend, taking in her beautiful features and wondering how he managed to get such a beautiful creature like her to be his girlfriend. "I missed your little rants like this. I missed every part of you honestly because you may have been a phonecall away but it just isn't the same you know?" I nod knowing exactly what he meant by that because that's how I felt too. "Would you come to the next race?" I look at him in disbelief. "Wait, really?" He scoffed. "Yes really. I'd like my girlfriend to come to at least one of my races to cheer me on. That'd make me happy." "I'd like it too so of course. I'll try get some time off work to go." I say.

"I love you."
"Love you too."