✨Arthur Leclerc - Je T'aime (ft Jamie Chadwick)

Finally, the day I had been waiting for. My twin sister Jamie had just signed with Prema for Formula Regional European Championship and we were on our way to the first testing in the car. I was friends with the Prema guys, mainly because I raced for them the year before but I was promoted to formula 3 and began racing for Campos. I was super happy for Jamie because she deserved everything good to happen to her, she was the nicest person. I was sat in the garage while she was sat on her black and gold car. "Is that Y/n?" My head turns around to be faced with Arthur. Arthur was probably my best friend due to us Karting alongside each other for the majority of our life.

"If it isn't little Arthur." I smile, pulling into a hug. "If it isn't the traitor. How is formula 3 doing?" he asked. "Have you watched my races? It's going alright. I'm getting points and I've only had two dnfs so I'm doing alright." I reply and begin shivering. "It's bloody freezing isn't it?" He gives me a weird look and shakes his head. "What? No. I'm far too warm." So why the bloody hell am I cold?! Arthur takes off his Prema jacket and handed it to me. "You can borrow this if you want. The campos jacket clearly isn't working." I slap his arm playfully before he walks away laughing.

Jamie comes onto the radio. "You two are cute. I approve of my new brother in law." She comments. "Oh shut up and drive Jamie!" I say hiding my blush. "He gave you the jacket!" she squeals. "I have my own jacket!" I reply. "But he gave you his! You're getting some!" she sings. "Jamie! I'll tell mum!" she goes off the radio after I say that, undoubtly laughing to herself. I sit down at the back of the garage and watch on as Jamie absolutely kills it on track.

After testing for a few laps, Jamie and the rest of the drivers come in. Jamie hops out of the car and walks over to me, extremely excited. "Oh my god that car is fast!" she says in a smile. "Well enjoy it. You did great." Arthur walks up to Jamie and I to congratulate her. "You did well out there. We might do some race testing once they go through the data and stuff if you're up for that." She nods her head excitedly. "Well we will see you out there. You definitely drive like your sister." he looks over and winks to me, before leaving. "He likes youuuuuu!" she squeals again. "Jamie! Seriously just stop! I've known him ages and if he did like me then he would have said so by now." I walk away from her with a mix of frustration and being flustered in my veins.

I'm in the hospitality getting a coffee when Arthur comes to tlak again. " You're still wearing the jacket then." Arthur said, fixing his hair. "Yup. I kinda miss the red." He leaned on the table. "The red suits you. You look better in red." He takes a sip of his coffee and smiles. "You don't look too bad yourself." A silence grows between us which doesn't normally happen. "How is your sister finding the car?" Arthur asked, desperate to keep a conversation going. "She's loving it. She's doing pretty well too. I'm really proud of her."

"You should be. She must have got something from you." he said throwing in a subtle compliment. "Like you got some things from Charles." he nods followed by yet another awkward silence. "Y/n? I miss you here. Its like I come in everyday and you aren't here anymore." My heart flutters in response to what he said. "I miss it here too but I'm one step closer to my dream and these are the kind of sacrifices I'm going to have to take." He nods. "And there's something else too but-" he pauses. "but I don't know how to say it."

"Like you don't know how to say it in English or?" he laughs. "No, no. I know it in English I just don't know the best way to say it." I lay my head on his shoulder. "Whatever it is, just say it." He stutters along the words for a bit before he let's out a sigh. "I- I lo-. Ugh! Je t'aime. There I said it." Now I'm no expert in French myself but I'm pretty sure he just said- "Arthur! The car is ready come on!" Arthur quickly tries to avoid anymore contact with me but I pull his wrist. "Arthur-" he cuts me off. "No, no. It was stupid. You don't need to feel bad for me I just-" "Can you say it again?" This takes him completely off guard. He did not expect this. "You want to hear it?" I nod my head slowly. "O-okay then. Je t'aime. Does this mena i cna kiss you or is it too soon?" he says earning a giggle from me. "You cna kiss me if you-" He doesn't let me finish, he just places a kiss onto my lips. This feeling was extraordinary, like this is the thing I'd been waiting for my entire life. The sweet moment was unfortunately cut off by a very excited Jamie letting a squeal. "You're so cute!" "JAMIE!"