💐Lando Norris - Say Yes To The Dress

Requested from Emmely08 hope she enjoys it. Btw, I'm gonna upload every two days bc I'm coming up to exams and ya girl needs to study

Growing up, Lando never understood why at weddings, people cried. It was supposed to be a happy celebration so why was anybody crying? Even as he grew older, he didn't get it. As his friends moved on, got married and cried at the altar, Lando was stood on the side alone in thought as to what made them cry. He asked his mates time and time again what it was and they all answered with the same old phrase. "You'll understand when you see your girlfriend walking down the aisle." which Lando usually shrugged off with a scoff. "As if. I wouldn't be caught dead crying at my wedding."

He had a girlfriend, well fiancée. Y/n. Probably the most bouncy, beautiful woman he had ever met. Everything about her was mesmerising to him, her laugh was contagious. She made him better than he already was. She rarely ever got mad at him but when she did, it never lasted long. He got teased about how he ran after her like a love struck puppy but he didn't care.

They both sat in the wedding dress parlour. Lando really wanted to see the dress, he simply couldn't wait that long to see her walking down the aisle. Lando sat beside his mum and future mother in law awaiting the beautiful bride to be in her gown.. The two women either side of him were deep in conversation while he stuck to texting his friends, not exactly knowing what the old women's were speaking about. "So can we do this like Say Yes To The Dress?" Y/N's voice squeaked. "Um, yeah. If you wanna bubs." Ando replied. The curtain opened and out walked Y/n in a beautiful white of the shoulder wedding dress. The women gasped and spoke compliments just above a whisper which caught the attention of Lando, who decided to finally tear his eyes from his phone and up to his bride. His jaw dropped at the sight of her, not knowing how else to react or how to form words. Y/n looked over and smiled at her boyfriends reaction, knowing it was a good one as she saw a grin forming at the edges of his lips.

The longer Lando stared at her, the more he felt like tearing up and he eventually did. The women with him laughed a little at the sight of this grown man crying over his girlfriend in a wedding dress. "Are you crying?" Y/n asked. "Don't patronise me! Someone's cutting onions." Y/n giggled. "I'm not trying o patronise you, I think it's cute and besides, who's gonna be cutting onions in a wedding parlour." She responded. Lando held his head in his hand to hide. Now he knew why everyone cried at weddings. "Definitely not crying though." He replied in a laugh. Y/n walked over to Lando and grabbed him to pull him forward for a hug. "Aw bubs. Come here!" Lando didn't hold back on he tears now. They just came out. "You look gorgeous bubs." He said through the tears. Her heart melted as she watched him become emotional over he wearing a simple dress. She chuckled to herself as the memories o him saying he would never cry over his wife yet here was was, sitting with his head in his hands and tears streaming down his face.

"Hey Lando? Look at me." she said softly. Lando raised his head slowly until he eventually was looking at his bride to be. Her smile was like the most familiar feeling he had ever known, he just loved it. He loved her. "You don't need to cry. I'm flattered but you don't need to cry because then I might cry and I don't want to be walking out of here with mascara running down my face." Lando smiled slightly and leaned forward to give her a kiss. "So, are you saying yes to the dress?" Y/n's mother cut in making everyone laugh. "Well? Are we?" She asked Lando. "I'd say so."

Lando placed the dress into the boot of the McLaren and then went and sat down inside the car. He stared lovingly at Y/n beside him which didn't go unnoticed. "What? Something on my face?" Y/n asked him smiling. "Nope. I just love you, that's all. I don't know what I did to deserve you." She smiled softly at the love of her life and pulled him into a kiss yet again. "Do you think you're still going to cry at the wedding?" She asked him. He thought about it and said no but deep, deep down, you both knew he would.