👶/🎃Robert Shwartzman - Trick Or Treating

Robert sat on the sofa scrolling through his phone, you on the other hand were upstairs dressing up your toddler Varya for trick or treating. Last year, you couldn't bring her out not only because COVID was about but also because she was far too small so you decided to bring her out. "Momma? Can I be a skeleton with the flowers on their face?" Her little voice squeaked. "Of course baby. I'm nearly done now then we can go show daddy okay?" She nodded her head smiling. "Okay mommy. How much longer do I have to wait? My nose is itchy." She clenched her eyes and focused on trying to get the itch to go away but it was no use. "I'll fix it-" You got cut off by a girlish squeal. "I don't wanna ruin my face paint!" She protested. "I'm not gonna touch your nose, I'm gonna blow on it and see if it goes away okay?" She once again nodded her head. You blew lightly onto her nose making her flicnh a little but she was soon relieved to find that her nose wasn't itchy anymore. "Better?" You asked sweetly. "Yup! Can we show daddy now?" You nodded and helped her walk down the stairs.

Opening the door to the living room, you see Robert set his phone to the side and turn his attention to you. A smile appears on his face once he gets sight on you as he always did but the smile only grew wider when he caught sight of his daughter. "Papa! Look at my dress!" She said excitedly. Robert gasped at the sight and picked her up. "Oh wow. I like your costume!" He said looking at her outfit. "Mommy did it! And look! I have flowers in my hair!" She bent her head forward a little bit and showed the various colours of flowers in her hair. "Oh wow. You really like Halloween don't you?" She nodded her head and then looked to be put down. "Come on! Follow me Papa!" She giggled. Robert looked over to you with a lazy smile on his face which made you chuckle. Your daughter brought you both into the kitchen and grabbed the set of face paint. "Papa! Sit down! Mommy, can you paint Daddy's face please?" Robert's eyes shot open. "Varya..." He groaned. "Please don't." He begged. Varya giggled and shook her head. "Nope!"

Robert turned towards y oh with puppy dog eyes praying you would put an end to this but no, you wanted to see him in facepaint too. "What are you looking at me for?" You asked taking the brushes out. "Why are we doing face paint?" He groaned. "Because Varya said so and you don't want to ruin her day now do you?" He looked between you and Varya and just accepted defeat. "Fine. What am I being painted as?" He asked. "Can we paint him as a puppy?" Varya asked. You chuckled at the picture she showed you in the book just imagining how Robert would look with it. "Of course. You okay to start Robert?" He raised an eyebrow. "No but you're going to paint me anyway." As you painted his face, Varya giggled and squealed at how ridiculous it looked for her dad to get face paint. She never thought it would happen and so it was ridiculous and because of how ridiculous it was, she laughed. Robert encouraged this laughing by pulling funny faces which admittedly frustrated you because you were trying to do facepaint and he was moving. "Babe, can you relax yourself for a minute?" You ask. "Why?" You rolled your eyes playfully. "Because I need to do your face a pint but your moving your bloody face."

"I don't see a problem." He replied. "Excuse you, but you need to stay still. Varya, tell him." Varya climbed up onto her fathers lap and placed her hands onto his shoulders. "Papa, listen. You need to stay still. We can play later when Mommy does the face paint but now you need to relax. This is serious business." She says in a serious yet baby voice. Robert laughs at how intense she made it seem. "Did you let her watch Good Fellas again?" He shook his head. "What did I say about moving Papa?" She said in a cross tone. "Oh right. Sorry Varya." She nodded in approval.

"Okay, it's done." You said bringing the brushes over to the sink to clean them. "Papa! You look so silly!" She squealed. "I think I look good. Mommy I S gonna have to give me a kiss though." He said dropping a not so subtle hint. "And ruin my face? Absolutely no-" but it was too late. He curls his arms around your wais and peppered kisses all I've your face. "Robert! Now my face is ruined!" You whined. "As Fernando Alonso once said, karma." He laughed. You wiped the side of your face with a wet paper towel. "Yeah, yeah. What are we doing now?" You asked. "Well we aren't going trick or treating for three hours so let's watch Hocus Pocus." and so, there you all sat watching Hocus Pocus.

You looked at the time on your phone and realised you were late for Trick Or Treating. "Varya! We need to go now if you want to go Trick or Treating." You tell her. She jumps up and runs to the door which you expected was to get her coat but no. She ran back in with the bowl of sweets for the trick or treaters. "We don't need to go. We have candy here." You and Robert shared a look and chuckled. "How about we put those back and go get our own?" Varya shook her head at your proposal. "No mommy. I wanna stay in with you and Papa and eat the candy." Your heart melted at her words. You pulled her closer an dplaced a kiss onto her cheek which made paint get onto your lips but it didn't matter. "I suppose there's always next year." You whisper to yourself as you turn your attention back to the movie playing, cuddled up with your little family.