👶Max Verstappen - Baby's First Race

You were awoken by your bed moving up and down very vigarously. "Boys, please go back to bed and leave your mum alone." you heard Max grumble. "But the race papa! The race is today!" You and Max had two kids together. Lucas and Milan. Twins. They were a bit of a pain to be honest but it was worth it. Max had a race in Austin that would determine whether or not he would win the championship that year. All he had to do was come first or second. It was a rough qualifying as the engine had a problem in Q2 and he had to retire the car amd start from the pits but he still had hope and so did you, even though you were going to be in the Ferrari garage as a radio engineer.

"Look boys, the race isn't for another couple of hours and papa needs to sleep. I'll get you breakfast but you have to be quiet. Alright?" you said, trying to reason with them to at least get them some what quiet. The twins looked and each other and nodded. Max's hand grabbed your wrist. "No, no. They can get their own breakfast. I need mine in bed." he smirked. "Max, they are two years old. They can't even reach the cereal box. I'll be back, I can't leave future world champion Max Verstappen alone in bed now can I?" you pecked his plump lips and he returned to sleep as you walked out to feed your children.

"Momma? Is papa gonna win today?" Lucas asked shoving another spoonful of fruit loops inot his mouth. "I don't know baby. What do you think?" Lucas was still in a train of thought when Milan came in with his own little prediction. "I think the Ferrari is going to win!" he cheered. You quickly covered his mouth. "No baby, you have to like Daddy's car." you giggle. "What's so special about Daddy's car? It has two red bulls on it. Big deal. Also, why isn't it red if its called 'Red Bull'? It makes no sense. I like the ferrari." he scoffed. "But the ferrari is the car that mummy works for." It was no use trying to reason with him. He was stubborn and stuck to his word just like his dad. "Yup. I like mummy's car like Lucas likes Daddy's."

You sighed but understood. You yourself supported ferrari, not only because you worked for them, but also because they had been your favourite team growing up. You heard the hotel bedroom door slide open and see Max walk out, dressed in his red bull gear. "Good morning." he mumbled placing a kiss onto the top of your head. "Still nervous?" you asked. "Not at all, it's just a world championship deciding race. Nothing major." You chuckled. He was so fucking nervous. His leg bounced on the ground while he spoke to the kids and he was tapping his fingers, not to mention slightly shakey. "

Max brought his two sons into the Red Bull garage to see the car. You had to admit, you felt a little out of place because you were the only person wearing Ferrari clothes. You got a few side glances as your red clothes stood out in the dark garage but you shrugged them off. Lucas and Milán looked around the garage in awe. They were astonished, well one of them was. "So you drive this car papa?" Lucas asked. Max nodded. "Can I get in?" Max lifted Lucas up and into the car and placed his helmet on his sons head. "Don't move the steering just yet. They're checking to make sure everything is okay first then you can." your son looked around inside the car and couldn't take his eyes off the steering wheel. "I want to drive this when I'm big Papa." he says through the helmet. Max smiles and turns to you. "We'll get him a kart of course." he says. "But he's only three." you say worried. "We'll get him one when he's three and a half then." he said in a laugh.

Max looks over to where his other son Milan has gone and he's looking out of the garage into the pits. Max follows him as Y/n takes over caring for Lucas in the car. Max bends down ans places a hand on his second sons shoulder. "What's up buddy?" he asked. Milan pointed at the red scar of Ferrari. "I like that one and that one too." he says pointing to the two ferrari cars. Max laughed. "So you don't like Daddy's car?" Milan shook his head "Nope!" he said popping the P.

"Do you want to look at Daddy's car at all?" he asked a little upset but of course wouldn't admit it. "Not really papa." Max had to make a call. Bring his son to go and see the car he wanted or leave him to be miserable all day. He let out a sigh. He couldn't believe he was doing this. "Do you want to go and see the Ferrari?" Milan spun his head around and nodded with a smile plastered on his face.

Max took his sons hand and walked over to the Ferrari garage and peaked in. A voice interrupts him. "I hope you aren't trying to steal any information or tac tics from us Max." a monegasque accent says. Max rolls his eyes. "I don't need to sabotage your strategy to win. I have a winning team and a winning car. I'm here with my son. He likes your car better." Charles laughs and kneels down to say hello to the little boy. "Hello. I'm Charles." he says. "Aren't you supposed to speak Italian? It's supposed to be Ciao." Milan says. Charles and Max's mouths dropped. Wow he's a little smart. "Yes. Are you learning it?" Charles asked a little baffled. "Momma is teaching it to me because she speaks it too. I wanna drive for the red car when I'm big." Max felt betrayed by his son.

"Your mum? She works here no?" Charles asks as he remembers his engineer talking about her little boy whom he'd never met before. "Yup. She works for the red car. I like this cxar better. Its red and its my favourite colour." Milan said proudly. Charles gladly brought the little boy around the garage as Max was only allowed to look on. Carlos came to talk and keep him company for a while but Carlos soon had to leave and Max had to leave too. "Milan! Milan! We have to go now!" Milan turned around and let out a loud groan, so loud Max could hear it over the sound of the engines roaring.

"Well we need to go. You've seen the car, I need to get into mine now. Thanks Charles." Max says pulling Milan along with him. "Wish me luck Milan!" Charles laughs as he waves goodbye to Max and his son. "Good luck mate!" Max wave spolitely to show à form of gratitude from Charles but deep down, he wanted to beat him more than ever now. Charles nor Y/n were going to let him live that down. Oh god. He better win today.