🎄Callum Ilott - Mrs Grinch

You sat on your desk at work just looking around at the blaring Christmas lights around you. You hadn't liked Christmas. Just another holiday. What was so special about it anyway? A child was born big deal. "Okay Y/n, can you clean up and then lock up when you're finished?" Your boss asked peeping in to you. "Yeah, sure thing." You sighed. The door opened and then closed and this was your signal to finish up and get home as quickly as possible. You began by bringing in the signs and stuff from outside when you heard a familiar voice call your name. "Y/n Y/l/n?" You looked up and were met eye to eye with an old class mate and friend Callum Illot. "Callum." You said breathlessly. "You're back home!" Callum smiled and nodded. "And you're dressed as some sort of elf?" He said looking you up and down. "Work clothes. I was a bloody witch at Halloween." He laughed at the image of you in a witch costume. "Are you nearly finished work or do you need some help?"

You looked between the shop and Callum and decided two would work better than one. "Yeah I'd like some help but I understand if you don't want to. You do have your little sister and all at home so-" He cut you off by letting himself in. "No, not at all. Let me help you. For old time's sake." He held his hand out for you to take. "Madame." He bowed slightly. Your smiled grew wider as you took his hand and followed him in. "Right. Erm. Just dust off the shelf I guess." Callum took a hold of the duster and began his first task. "So what have you been up to?" You asked curiously. "Have you gotten to formula one yet?" He shook his head. "Not quite. I'm in formula 2 at the moment. It's quite fun there." You turned around grinning. "What?" He asked utterly confused. "Nothing you just, you actually went and did it didn't you?" Callum smiled and looked down nodding. "Indeed I did and I remember you actually said I'd be able to as well. We used to be so close."

You were and it was oh so wonderful. Then he went racing. You kinda knew he wouldn't have Tim eyo talk to you anymore and that there was a big chance he would probably just become friends with his fellow drivers. "Yeah, what on earth happened to us?" You sighed. Callum locked eyes with you. His eyes had a pained expression to them, as if something was bothering him deeply. "You know exactly what happened and so do I." You pretended to not know but he pushed it away. "I should have at least text you. I honestly should have and I feel terrible for not." It wasn't his fault. He was so busy. "And I came back here with a mission of some sorts. I made like a list kind of thing at the start of the year and basically, one of my to dos were to reconnect with you. I really, really missed getting my house practically broken into every morning because you needed us to go to school-" You cut him off. "I did not break into your house Callum Illot ." Callum's smile only grew. "Whatever you say. I just missed it." Callum took a step closer. You could practically smell his scent he was that close." I missed you." Your cheeks burned red. How do you take that? A confession of undying love or a best friend just saying he missed you? "C-Callum. We should err, get back to cleaning up. I'm probably gonna go get something from the chip shop on the way back so if you want to join me, you are free to do so."

You and Callum continued cleaning and talking until there wasn't even a speck of dust left. You locked up and put the key into your pocket before walking around with him. "So how is racing? You never told me that part." You said curling your arms around yourself half frozen. "You seem cold." He commented looking down at your small, shivering figure. "Me? No! I'm fine." He chuckled and threw his scarf around you. "It's not much but it might make you a little warmer I suppose." Callum swung his arm around your shoulder and continued to walk with you. "Stop stalling. Tell me about racing." You edged him on. "Well, this season has been really weird. I lost the championship to a German and lost my F1 seat to a Russian." Your heart broke for him. "I read that actually but the Russian replacing you is kind of a knobhead let's be honest." Callum chuckled lightly. "Your words not mine. Anyway, how's life been back here?"

"Lonely to put it sweetly. I can't break into your house anymore to get you up for school anyway." He felt terrible. Horrible. "I'm sorry but at least Christmas must have been nice. Christmas is always nice here." You scoffed at his words. "What? You don't like Christmas?" You rolled your eyes and nodded. "I despise it. I don't know why. I just stopped liking Christmas a few years ago. I never knew why." Callum furrowed his eyebrows. "So let me get this straight. Y/n Y/l/n, the person who gave me a wake up call on Christmas morning to show me what she got in her Christmas stocking at eleven years of age doesn't like Christmas anymore?" Wow. He remembered. "Yup." You said popping the letter 'p'. He nodded with a grin appearing on his face. "You know, with that green outfit and your horrible attitude towards Christmas- No, no. I can't say it." You pushed him to say it. "Okay, okay. You kinda remind me of the grinch." You gave him a disgusted look. The grinch? How dare he. "Well maybe I'll just go and steal your Christmas Mr Illot."