🎄Frederik Vesti - Gingerbread House

You sat typing on your phone absolutely bored out of your mind. Even the latest drama wasn't making you any less bored. Fred noticed this and ventured around the house to see what on earth you could do together to get over being bored. He remembered you had bought a gingerbread house assembly kit a few days ago and went searching for it. Thankfully, he found it and poured everything out of the box onto the counter. He rummaged around at the packets and packaging around him before grabbing the instructions. "Babe?" He called. You called back a short yes before he asked you to come out and give him a hand with something. "Yeah what is it?" You stopped dead in your tracks when you spotted the mess ahead of you. "Fred, what is going on?" Fred walked over to you and brought you over for him to explain his little plan. "Well, I thought you would like to maybe build a gingerbread house with me."

You took another look around at the stuff just scrambled around you and looked at his beaming smile. How could you say no to that face? "Challenge accepted." You said, shaking his hand. "But he prepared to lose." He scoffed at your remark. "I don't do well with the whole 'losing' thing. I much prefer winning." You chuckled to yourself. "I much prefer cuddling up to you on the couch but we don't always get what we want now, do we?" And with that, you both went to work. You began visualising what your house would look like first. Maybe some candy canes, gum drops and a snowman at the front door. That would do. You began putting the pieces together by using icing almost like a glue.

Fred was struggling and you couldn't help but let out a giggle everytime he groaned or grunted in frustration. "Do you need help babe?" You asked. He didn't want to admit defeat so he just stuck his tongue out and carried on struggling. By the time he ahd his house actually built, you had yours decorated completely, basically finished. "How did you? That's not fair!" He whined. You threw your arms up in protest. "How? I didn't cheat at all! I'm just brilliant at making these houses." He scoffed and basically just threw stuff at it now, hoping it would stick. "Babe, it really doesn't matter that you lsot. We're gonna eat it anyway." You said curling your arms around him. "I'm not sad. I just want some help so then you can spend some time with me." You furrowed your eyebrows a little confused. "You were on the phone all day and it's Christmas. It's supposed to be a time for family and friends. Being together-" You cut him off. "It's Jesus' birthday but we move." He closed his eyes slowly, slightly annoyed. "You're ruining the moment here." You laughed and urged him to continue. "I figured that if you and I had a competition you would spend more time with me." You felt terrible now. You made him feel this way? You threw your arms around him even tighter, hugging him. "I'm sorry." You whispered. He returned the favour by hugging you back. "Don't be sorry. We have two..." He paused looking at his house. "One gingerbread house." You giggled at his comment and smiled up at him. "You're great you know that?"

"You might have said it before but I'm not sure." You kissed his cheek and hugged him again. "Well it's true. You're amazing." You repeated. "Thought I was great?" He asked sounding confused. "Will you let me compliment you?" He chuckled and shook his head. "I love you. I really, really love you." Your heart melted everytime he ever said that. It wasn't any different today. "I love you too."