🎄Carlos Sainz Jr - Christmas Decorations

Now, I'm willing to admit, the differences between Carlos and I were obvious. He was a driver, I was an engineering student on my final year of school. He liked Real Madrid, I liked Barcelona but the biggest difference would probably be that he was a typical, traditional spaniard and I was a proud catalán and we had many ditfferent traditions, especially at Christmas. Carlos loved the traditional Spanish way of Christmas while I adored the Catalan way of doing everything. The Catalan way of things was a lot more jokey than the traditional Spanish way. We pulled pranks and quite frankly took the piss all the time and that was something I found strange going into my Spanish friend's hones during Christmas. No pranks being pulled, no cága tíos, no nothing. Just straight forward and this was a problem for our house now. The Spanish way and the catalán way both clashing.

"Amor, we aren't putting a caganer in the nativity scene." I scoffed. "And why is that?" I asked placing the figure in the nativity. "Because its a man taking a shit!" He exclaimed. "Well at least let me put the Caga Tío by the fireplace." I say picking up my Caga Tío. "Its a log with a face!" He might not have noticed it, but his remarks were starting to get to me. My father made sure we always had a cága tío with us for Christmas. Always. He would always make it too and that always lit me up, the not no wing what the cága tío would look like this year yet here was my madrista boyfriend complaining about it. I understood that he didn't like our traditions but there was no need to make a huge fuss over it. I really loved him but he's were my Christmas traditions. What else did he expect? "Look Carlos, I have grown up with these traditions just like you have grown up with yours. Just let me put my two decorations up and you can go ahead and finish the decorating. Just let me have these two things."

Carlos watched as I walked sadly with my little log and placed in down. To stop the tears from falling, I rolled my eyes up and breathed out before turning my attention to me thing else, in this case the hat of the Caga Tío. He walked over and sat down next to me and curled his ar around my shoulder. "Okay. So, you can put the caganer and Caga Tío up. I didnt meant to hurt you in any way I just... I really like how my family does Christmas but by all means, I'm sure we can make an exception for the Catalan traditions in our apartment at least." I smiled lightly. "I just think you need to remember that this is our house not just yours and there's both Spanish and Catalan in here." I said before getting up and walking to our room. Carlos felt horrible now. He made the love of his life feel somewhat ashamed of what she was, something he now had to fix and so, there he went searching for Catalan Christmas traditions so he could try his best to make the love of his life happier. Time to get to work.

Time skip

I scrolled through my phone one last time and then set it to the side and picked up my caganer. Yup. That still hurt. The fact that he couldn't just accept who I was and what makes it worse is that he hasn't even tried to make it better in the entire two hours I've been up here. He really must not have cared at all. I wiped a tear from my eyes and sniffles a bit. "I guess I should go downstairs." You thought you yourself. I crept down the stairs, the sound of Christmas songs become more and more coherent by the step. Once I reached the bottom I opened the living room door and found my Caga Tió by the fireplace and the rest of my decorations up nicely too. I smiled lightly. Maybe he cared. I smelled a beautiful smell but not quite fitting. I opened the kitchen door to see the entire kitchen in a bit of a mess and Carlos slaving over the food. Roasted chestnuts, torró.

The scents mixed together into a delicious aroma that brought me back home to Barcelona. "Amor! You're awake!" There stood Carlos with flour on his face and probably combed through his hair too but still with a smile. I looked at what was in his hands. Panellets. "I made these for you. I remembered they're your favourite so-" He got cut off by me taking the tray from him and placing them back down, before engulfing him in a hug. "Gràcies." I whispered, holding back a tear. "I know you miss Barcelona and Madrid is very different but I just wanted to say sorry and no matter what, I'll always be here. I couldn't care what you were, I'd always love you." He said kissing my hair. "Even if I was a worm?" "Even if you were a worm." He chuckled.

"Te amo mi amour."

"Jo també t'estimo i bon Nadal"

"Félix navidad."