🎶Lance Stroll - When You're Ready

First off thank you all for 10k read bc THIS BOOK IS ONLY A MONTH AND A BIT OLD, YOU ARE ALL INSANE! Thanks to all of the frequent voters, readers and requesters. Also routing for Lance this week because of his video on Instagram. Hope he does very well on this race and every other race he has this season. Same with every other driver x

Lance's POV
I sat in the bar, thinking over and over again about the one thing that wouldn't leave my mind. Y/n. She was my childhood best friend, our mother's were childhood friends and so, we became childhood friends too, best friends. She was there for my first podium and there for my all time lows too. Any memory I have, has her there. Things changed a bit when I started F1. She went to college and I was racing so we didn't talk that much but we still talked over phone calls and sometimes we met up and I'd bring her to races.

The only problem was, she had a boyfriend and he hated me, dispised me even. I tried to get along with him but it never worked and this very man is where the problem began. I brought them out to eat because it was a tradition that Y/n and I had. Everytime I came back after a race, we took each other out for lunch but her boyfriend insisted on coming so we agreed that he could come. We were in the middle of our food and we were talking and laughing but Y/n's boyfriend wasn't. He looked on unamused and looked frustrated.

Flashback and Y/N's
"Hey man, you okay?" Lance asked politely. I looked over to my boyfriend Will and he didn't look to happy. "No. We have to go." Will told me standing up. "Why? The food just got here." I protested. "Do you really wanna know why?" I nod. "Okay. You two are clearly in a relationship of some sort. I don't know what is going on or how long it's been going on but it's making me uncomfortable." I look over to Lance who is as confused as I am. "There's nothing going on man. She's with you and honestly, I'd do anything to be in your position so watch your mouth and enjoy her." My heart skipped a beta when Lance said that and my hidden feelings for him poured back into my soul. "What do you know? You literally didn't earn anything you have. You payed for your formula one place and you rely on Daddy for everything."

"Just shut up! I'm going! Fuck." I stand up and grab my coat. "Don't listen to him. He doesn't own you." Lance said softly. "I'll see you around okay?" He looks into my eye and nods sadly before I turn and leave with Will. We hop into his car. "Who does he think he is? He thinks he can buy you too?" Will asked turning the car on. "No because he doesn't see me like that. He's just looking out for me." I say looking out the window. "Oh please. He's just trying to get some and if you aren't giving me any, he's hardly gonna get some" We came to a traffic light. "Is that why you go to 'Pizza Hut'? To get some?" He nods. "Exactly. So I was just pushing him away from his sick fantas- wait. You-"

"Drop me off here. I'll walk home or get a taxi or something." I shout. "No babe. Let me explain." "I said drop me off!" He pulls in and let's me get out. "You're one to talk about his supposed 'sick fantasies' when you are off behind my back." and with that I walk to the bus station. I call Lance's Sister Chloe because I know she's in town and she wouldn't go after Will to ram his car like Lance would. It rings for a while before she picks up. "Hey! What's up?" she chirped. "Can you come pick me up? I'm two blocks from Sissie's." I say through a sniffle. "Are you okay?" I could hear her keys jingle and the door opening. "I'll explain when you come here. It's a long story." and I hang up.

Lance's pov
What if dad was right? Maybe Y/n was the one for me. She knows me inside out but she's with that control freak. I don't know why I even try to move on from her because nobody is like her. I lay in bed at night, imaging what it would be like to have her in my arms for a change. She doesn't even text me as much as she used to because of that dick she was with. I'd text her and it would be like she was six hours ahead because she wouldn't be able to text me back for ages.