🎶Giuliano Alesi - Feel It Twice

"What is wrong with you?! You told me to go out and meet new people!" Y/n and her best friend Giuliano had gotten into a fight which has never happened before. Giuliano wanted her to go out and meet new people, get out of her shell and she had made friends with a guy at the bar. Months later, the pair had gotten closer and decided to become a couple. This tore him apart. She looked so happy with him. "Nothing is wrong with me, it's him! He's the problem!" She rolled her eyes and let out a groan in frustration. "What's so wrong with him? Tell me! What do you have against him?"

"I don't hate him-" he tries to speak but fails as she cuts him off. "You do! Why? He's so nice!" He stutters. "I can't tell you." "You can tell me! We are supposed to be best friends! Why can't you tell me-" The next words that tumbled from his mouth left her gobsmacked. "Thats the problem! We're best friends, nothing else! I hate him because he has you! He has you but I don't! That's all I wanted. You." Y/n couldn't form words, only noises. He grabbed his coat and car keys and stormed out slamming the door behind him leaving Y/n to repeat the thing she wanted to say to him over and over again; "I love you."

Y/n sat by the phone all night awaiting maybe even a call. While she sat waiting, thoughts scattered around her mind. Not a single brain cell was not thinking. "Why did he let me go?" Was she not good enough? What did she have to do to prove herself? She didn't know anything at this point. She held her hope close to her, the hope that he would either return or maybe call. Why didn't he feel this way two years ago, before she started seeing her boyfriend. The door opened and closed making her snap her head towards it. There stood her boyfriend taking his coat off and hanging it up. "Where's Giuliano? I thought you were hanging out."

"No he left a while ago. Do you want dinner?" she asked him. "How about this? I'll make the dinner while you go take a shower and put on your fluffy pyjamas. You look like you're stressed." She nodded as he placed a kiss onto her head. "Okay. Thanks babe. Can we watch a movie afterwards too?" she asked. "Of course we can." and away she walked to the bathroom. She sat in the shower, tears cascading and mixing with the water running down her body. Why did she still love Giuliano? She was happy in a relationship now. Her boyfriend was so nice to her, he did everything for her so why didn't she love him as much as she did Giuliano? She felt so conflicted. She had to tell him before she ended up hurting two people.

She walked out to the kitchen in her pyjamas. The aroma of pasta lingered in the air and made their way up into Y/n's nostrils. "You finished?" She nodded. "I made you're favourite." A smile hung lazily on her face. Her boyfriend clocked something wasn't right almost immediately. "Are you okay? Did something happen?" She shook her head. "Not really. Its not important." The pair made their way to the living room turning on a movie and sitting content enough together eating their dinner. A half hour passes and Y/n doesn't seem to be her normal self which did not go unnoticed and it soon bothered her loving boyfriend. The movie was paused and Y/n felt a hand creep onto hers. "Y/n, you need to tell me what's wrong." She sighed. "I-I told you it isn't important."

"Please? We're supposed to be here for each other." Her heart crumbled. "Okay. After what I'm going to say I'll understand if you hate me." He looked on awaiting her next words. "I don't exactly know how to tell you this." He stopped her before she could continue. "You love Giuliano." She stared in disbelief. "How did you?" "I've known a while now and it's okay. I'm not mad. I'm really happy for you. I knew the second we got into a relationship that I was the person that was there to fill in for something but I don't mind it. We had so much good memories together and I really hope we can stay as friends." It broke her heart slightly that she had done this. That instead of being broken this time, she was making someone break and she didn't know which one felt worse. "I'd like that a lot and I'm so sorry." The pair share a hug before they pull apart. "So go and get him."

-------------------

"You broke up with him?" Giuliano stood and looked at the woman he was in love with standing at his front door dripping wet from the rain. "Yes I did. Do you know why?" He just stood there. "Because I fucking love you. I love you. That's it. I have spent the first part of my life knowing you and I want to spend the rest of my life loving you." He didn't say anything, his lips just moved up and down trying to form a word or sentence, something. "Don't tell me you have changed your mind." He shook his head. "Then say something. Anyth-" She is cut off by a soft, tender kiss. She kisses back with such love, passion and devotion that it was almost as if that was the seal, the seal to mark that yes, they had in fact found the love of their lives and nothing else mattered in that moment as the new couple shared their first kiss in the rain under the stars. Finally, how it was meant to be.