🎄Lance Stroll - Ice Skating

"Alright, I've done skiing but I am absolutely not doing ice skating. I'd like to live to see Christmas morning!" Lance laughed as we walked back to our little cabin. Lance brought me away for Christmas, since Covid was already stopping us from visiting our families, he figured we could go to a beautiful, snowy mountain in Switzerland. It was beautiful and it was snowy. It was like a magical winter wonderland and to be quite honest, I didn't want to leave. "Oh come on! You were a natural at skiing so why not try ice skating?" He asked slinging his arm around me. "As I said before, I'd like to live to see Christmas." Lance laughed and pressed a small kiss onto my cheek. "Look, just try it and if you can't do it, we can go back to the cabin and cuddle. How does that sound?" He asked. "Is this one of those things where you aks for my permission even though it's going to happen anyway, Marshmallow?" He scoffed. "No, I-" He locked eyes with mine and gulped down hard. "Well, maybe actually." This was going to be a long day.

I wobbled my way onto the skating rink. The Christmas Song coer by Shanw Mendes was paying quett in the background which made it all feel romantic. Lance had booked the entire rink for an hour so it was just me and him. This way, he could get me to loosen up a bit. It was no secret that I wasn't exactly blessed with the gift of skating but I always thought I would be good at it if I tried. Lance jumped at the opportunity to teach me the ways of ice skating, since he was practically a pro, his words not mine. Now I let him help me until I thought I was good enough but even then it wasn't quite helpful. I couldn't quite get the grips with it. "Lance, it's useless! I'm useless!" You said just laying on the floor of the ice rink. "Looks like I'll have to carry this team then." I was about to question it when I felt myself being lifted up and then into Lance's arms. He skated round a few laps carrying me bridal style all the way. "Now, do you think you could try once more?" I nodded before being let down. "Look, I'm right here. I won't let you fall." His warm smile appeared which already put me at ease.

He held my hand just like he promised and guided me around for a few minutes and then got into beginner techniques which helped a lot. "You're just sliding from one side to another. Okay?" I nodded a little less confident than I hoped it would have been. "Can you hold me hand until I say so?" I asked still afraid of falling. "Of course. Just loosen up." I nodded and took a deep breath in. I can do it. The first few steps were fine but then Lance started to loose his grip on my hand and that's when my problem started to kick in. "Relax, relax. You've got it babe." That gave me the confidence to try by myself. "Okay Lance, you can let go."

I wobbled at first but after that, I remembered what Lance said and what techniques he showed me. "So side to side, yeah?" I asked. "Yup! Look at you go! You're a natural!" He cheered. I smiled as I skated. I was actually doing it. I was actually skating. "I'm doing pretty good." I told him. We locked eyes and there went my everything. His eyes were just something else. My knees turned to jelly and I couldn't even keep myself up anymore, I kinda just slipped. "Oh my god, are you okay?" Lance asked skating over as quickly as he possible could. "Just in case you thought I was too perfect." I joked. He smiled and lay down next to me. "You are perfect though. You fell flawlessly." I erupted into laughter.

"Thank you Lancelot." I smiled as I attempted to climb back up onto my feet but Lance helped me more than I helped myself, as per usual. A new song comes on. Probably my favourite Christmas song. "Something Stupid." I know it isn't a Christmas song lyrically but it is a Christmas song. "So you do listen, Cinnamon Stroll." He blushed at the cutesy nickname he was now going to be known by, probably forever. "How could I forget? You have been playing it since March." I slapped his chest and chuckled. "Smartass." We swayed along to the song softly as my head rested onto his chest. Ah this felt perfect. "And then I go and spoil it all by saying something stupid like I love you." He sang i not my ear, sending shivers down my spine. "I love you." I sang back and then finally in unicen, "I love you."