🏎️Charles Leclerc - Shower Thoughts

This was a request from click_TWICE hope she enjoys it xxx

I sat outside the bathroom. Charles had a horrible day and was in the bathroom taking a shower and that's all he made it out to be but I heard the sniffles coming from inside. "Charles? Can we please just talk about-" a loud voice tore through the door silencing me. "Just let me cry in the shower!" I flinched slightly at his angry shout. He had never spoken to me that way before. "O-okay." I turn and walk back.

I think he could sense how startled I was but he didn't come out after me which kinda hurt even more. I sat reading over my psychology notes. Pity. All this way to Mugello, missed class time, all to be told to go away. I didnt know sometimes. It baffled me honestly. I couldn't quite find out what was going on in his head and I was supposed to be attending college for sports psychiatry. Did I not listen in class? I have all my notes and even the little things my teacher said as footnotes so I must have listened so what the hell was wrong? Why couldn't I get it right?

"Y/n?" I turn to see Charles in a towel. He was wet but that was a given since not only was he in the shower but he had been crying for over forty minutes. "I'm sorry. It's just- you know what it is." I nod my head. "I know. The car can be very frustrating sometimes Charles but that isn't an excuse to not talk to me when you have a problem. I am here to talk whenever you want." He smiled. "You are reading you college notes." I look down and nod. "Of course. I want to help you...and I need to study. I have a test on Wednesday." I say returning to be book. "Well I'll go change into more comfortable clothes and I'll be back out to you." He kisses my cheek and runs to the bedroom to change leaving me to get the only decent study time this weekendso far.

He returns maybe six minutes later in a hoodie and baggy trousers. "So do you want to test your psychology things on me? A professional athlete?" He joked but of course, I took it seriously. "Okay. Get comfortable then. I'm going to be asking a lot fo questions." He moves around the sofa trying to find a good position and nods when he finds it. I begin with some simple questions like what is making him feel bad which he responded very quickly with. "The car. I don't want to be bad or anything because I really respect the team and I am grateful for the opportunity to drive for them and everything but the car is just....bad." I nod. "And do you think there is anything you would be able to do to make the car better?" He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't think so. I'm driving as fast as I possibly can. My foot is flat on the throttle. That's how fast I'm trying to get it."

The questions keep on coming and he keeps on answering which is helping me understand more of his mind. "Why do you think this is bothering you so much? I understand that you have worked this hard all your life for it but I wonder if just somewhere in you mind, someone is in your memories, someone you don't want to disappoint." Charles scanned through all his memories with each on having something in common. His family was there every step of the way. "My siblings, my mama and of course papa. I don't want to let them down. I never wanted to let them down. I think that's why I always bet myself up whenever I didn't do well in a race. I just want them to have a son they can be proud of." I give him a hug and pat his back as the tears fall from his eyes slowly. "I can guarantee Charles that even if you weren't a driver, they would be proud of you. Think about it. You have come so far in you life and you have given them one hell of a journey so why wouldn't they be proud of their son who is growing up doing what he loves?"

"I suppose that is true." He smiles wiping the tears away. "Well that was a nice breather." I sit back and smile to myself. "You sounded like a sport psychiatrist but I felt like I could talk to you more because I knew you personally. I just-" he pauses. "I love you so much." I move closer to him and rest my head on his shoulder. "You know I'll always be here no matter what the problem is, we can overcome it together."