✨Charles Leclerc - The Driver And The Journalist

I walk out of my favorite cafe in monaco with my friend Jennifer. She lived in Monaco full time now and Jennifer was on her summer break so she invited me to visit and get shown around. I liked spending time with Jennifer mainly because she was like my other friends that ran around drinking and going out to the casinos at every given opportunity, she was simplistic and just enjoyed a glass of red wine overlooking the view and honestly, that's something I needed in those last few weeks.

"It's going to be so sad to see you go so soon." she says pulling me into a hug. I let go of my case and hug back. "I'm gonna miss you too but you know school." I say smiling. "Yes. You got that apprenticeship with Will what's his face?" she says. "Buxton. It's Will Buxton. Can you believe it? I get to go to races and write about everything first hand and maybe even interview some drivers too!" She didn't understand how I could be so passionate about cars but she understood the thrill of it all, I mena she lives on the exit of turn one, how can you not enjoy it? "Well your taxi is waiting." I look behind me and surely enough, there is the taxi. "Have a safe flight home and call me when you get there." We say our goodbyes before I get into the car and make my way to the airport.

The flight was pretty...alright I suppose. There were crying babies, children running all over the place, turbulence. The flight was just awful but at least I made it back to England. I walk to the baggage claim half asleep and looking like a hot mess, minus the hot when I see my suitcase with the red ferrari tag being pulled along by some random person. I run after whoever it is and called after them. "Hey! That's my case! Hey you!" I finally catch up to whoever it is and poke his shoulder. "Hey! I don't know who you think you are running away with my suitcase but-" the strange r turns around and pulls off his headphones and my mouth hangs open. Charles Leclerc.

"Excuse me?" he asked politely. "I- you have my suitcase. This is mine. That's my name right there on the tag." He looks down at the tag I pointed at and realised that he did in fact pick up the wrong case. "Oh I am so sorry. Here you go. Our cases just look so similar with the Ferrari tags. I'm Charles." He holds his hand out to introduce himself. "Yes I know as you could probably guess by the tag. I'm Y/n." We shake hands and walks back. "Well it was nice talking to you. Again, I'm so sorry about the suitcase." and there he went.

The week flew by with me walking around with Will and being behind the camera most of the time. It was on Saturday that I was awoken early in the morning by a call from Will, which I reluctantly answered. "Hello?" I groggily answered. "Hi Y/n. Sorry for the early call but I have to ask you for a favour." I pinch the bridge of my nose and listen for what the favour was. "I was booked in for way too much interviews and some of them are overlapping so while I'm with Netflix, I've changed my name to yours for the interviews. I hope it isn't a problem." I bolt up in my bed. What? "I- it's no problem at all. What time do I have to be up for?" I ask him looking at my watch. "You have to be at the track for seven. You'll eed to ask my questions but you can ask some of your own too if you would like." After going over what I needed to, I prepared for the interviews and dressed in the nicest clothes I had packed.

The car ride to Silverstone wasn't long at all since that's where I was staying. Will had rebtiefed me on everything I needed to know, handed me a recorder, questions and off I went on my first ever interview. First up was George Russell, followed by Kevin Magnussen and Daniel Ricciardo which all went by quite smoothly. I was just preparing my next questions when a familiar voice came from behind me. "Y/n?" I spin my head around and see Charles walking towards me in his ferrari overall. "The girl from the airport. I hope you remember me too." I nod. "Of course. You had a good qualifying. Not too bad."

"I would have liked a higher result honestly but its all about the race now." I nod before my name is called. "Oh, I have to interview your team mate but its been nice talking to you." I begin to walk away when he runs up beside me. "Will I be seeing you here often?" my eyes wander up to meet his and honestly, they were the most beautiful set of eyes I had ever looked into. "You will, for the next few races but then I have to go home and finish off my course." He looks back to his PR who was tapping her watch and then back at me. "Maybe we should meet up then. After the interview we have. I'm pretty sure I saw your name on my schedule for interviews."

"No I'm not. You have Will I'm pretty sure." He looks back to his PR to which she shakes her head. "Apparently you do have me for an interview. In ten minutes so don't be late to my interview!" I joked. "I'd never be late to anything you're at. So I'll see you at the ferrari dinner. It's at half six and wear something casual." I look at the Monegasque in disbelief but all he does is wink and walk away with his PR. I pat down n'y pockets and let out a frustrated grunt. Charles turns his head back around. "Whats the matter?" he asked. "I don't have a bloody pen. My other one ran out of ink." He turned to his PR and took one of her pens then handed it to me. "You can borrow this if you want." I take it from him and thank him before he walked away into the distance. He couldn't have waited later to ask me to the dinner? When he was my last driver to interview?! I fix my jumper and walk over to the next person I'm interviewing. "Okay so Guenther Steiner. Let's talk about qualifying. Where did the good momentum you had from the practise sessions go?" While he was answering, I couldn't quite write any notes down. The one thought of Charles was still lingering inside my head and to be quite honest, I didn't want it to go away.