🎶Marcus Armstrong - One Day Part 1

This is gonna be a three part so bukcle up!

Marcus lay in bed staring blankly to the ceiling. He hadn't been himself at all recently and it was all her fault, she wouldn't leave his mind. Y/n Y/l/n, the Campos racing driver in F2 and the Renault young driver. "She hates me. Why is she still in my head?" Marcus had never been able to keep a conversation going with her because she kept finding ways to creep out of his fingers. He desperately wanted her but he couldn't have her simply because he thought she deserved better than a boyfriend that wasn't always so close yet so far. They raced side by side the majority of the time and he thought it would have been a good excuse to start up a conversation but it was never enough to keep her talking. This is how his nights had been going recently, almost sleepless just thinking and then eventually drifting off to sleep. It was like no matter the situation she always brought a smile to his face, when he did poorly at a race she made him smile. Always.

The next morning he walked into the tent. He looked like he hadn't slept at all which was completely true. He took a seat next to the coffee machine and waited for the coffee to be poured. He took a long sip and let out a sigh, closing his eyes. "You okay?" He opens his eyes to his Team-mate Christian. "I'm alright. I didnt get much sleep." Marcus mumbled. "Makes sense. You look like shit." his Team-mate said grabbing a cup. "Thanks. Appreciate it." Marcus' phone rings and he excuses himself to answer the call. "Hello?" he asked. "Hey Marcus. Its your mum."

"I know mum. I saw the caller ID. What's up?" he asked. "We're coming to the race." Marcus' eyes lit up. "Wait. Really? Who?" he asked in disbelief. "Me, your father and the rest of the family." Marcus' smile grew wider as he had some home support at the race. "Great. How far out are you?" there was a silence. "About an hour so we'll see you soon." they hang up and he turns back to return his focus on the car but he couldn't still. She was still there. "Right, Marcus. So on turn one-" he didn't listen after that. Nothing would stay there.

The race began and his car was beside hers like usual on the grid. There she stoof observing her mechanics, looking flawless as she always did. He made a bold move and decided to walk over and talk, properly talk this time. He wouldn't let her go away. He poked at her shoulder as she spun around with a smile but it quickly faded. "How's the car then?" he asked. "It's doing good. Decent qualifying for me anyway. Jack is way down there." she shrugged. "Yeah I saw that. How do you think you're gonna do then?" He desperately wanted this conversation to last. "I guess I'd like a podium. Sorry but I need to go." She began walking and Marcus watched in slow motion as she walked away. He pulled her back by the wrist so she was face to face with her. "How come whenever I talk you need to go?"

"Because you come at the most misoptertune times." Marcus was sick of it. "No. I don't. I always wait until you aren't doing anything to talk to you and then you just walk away." He needed an explanation. "Do you hate me?" Her eyes shot open. "No. Of course not! I'd never hate you. I just- I find it very hard to speak to you." she mumbles. "Why though? This is the thing I don't get." he asked. "Because she loves you, you fool." Mick whispers listening in. Y/n heard him but Marcus didn't, thank god. "I don't know. I just- look Marcus I really don't know what to tell you. It's difficult to talk to you sometimes."

"Drivers to the cars!" someone yelled. "We're speaking about this later." Marcus said walking away. She mumbles something but he couldn't quite catch on what he was saying. He Gets strapped in and ready to go. Looking back, he sees Y/n's helmet bobbing up and down. The lights go out and off the cars went.

"And Schumacher has collided with Lungaard!" the commentator shouted. "Marcus, you're P1 but Y/l/n is quick in pursuit. Step on it!" his radio engineer said to him. "My foot is flat on the throttle mate, what else do you want me to do?" Marcus protested. He continued racing, tying to keep her behind him but it was almost no use. Her late braking was impeccable. "And Y/l/n goes around the outside! Amazing stuff from the young lady!" Marcus watched as she crossed the finish line in first. "Okay Marcus, P2. Still very good and it's still points for us so very good job."

The cars park in parc fermé and She hops out, jumping into the arm of her team. Marcus walked over to her and tapped her on the shoulder. She spun around, her eyes the only thing visible from her face through the visor. He engulfs her in a hug. This seemed like a lonb time coming but he finally got to hug her. She hugged back and they made their way to the scales. Marcus took his helmet off and smiled at Y/n as she took hers off also. She took the hair tie from her hair and slid it onto her wrist. She moved her hair to the side and turns to Marcus gawking at her. "You had a good race. Nice braking in the last corner." Marcus complimented her. "Thanks. It was difficult with your defending but I managed it." She took a sip of water and closed it up again. They both placed the caps and masks on Themsleves and made their way to the podium. "Y/n, remember when I said I wanted to talk?" Y/n became shaky. "After the podium. We'll talk after the podium." Marcus nodded as he made hsi way out. Now he couldn't even focus on his podium, he could only focus on what he wanted to say to Y/n after the podium.